James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No goals today but I like his attitude, he doesn't look a lazy bum as he sometimes does. I'd say it was a good performance. He had the eye of the tiger!

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't watch the game - sounds like he was solid today

According to Futbmob:

57/64 (89%) passing accuracy
    5/5 long ball accuracy
    1 shot
    1 shot on goal
    1 key pass
    1/1 on tackles attempted/success
    0/1 on dribbles attempted/succeeded
    2 duels won
    3 duels lost

sidspaceman and elviejomen repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    didn't see the game but I would have thought his shot attempts would be better.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I saw the game. Celtic always seems to play like warriors at home and they clogged things up pretty well defensively. He had one nice shot that went straight to the keeper in the second half. Everything else was him drifting all over the field which is what many of us like to see.

I am just happy that he started quite frankly. Glad he was rewarded with minutes for his man of the match over the weekend.

sidspaceman and kromekote repped this.
  5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was an odd game for Bayern and they were very lucky to get 3 points. Coman's goal originated on a handball and Celtic missed a couple of point blank chances.

They played without a true 9 and all the midfielders were drifting into the area from different directions; that sounds nice on theory but it was chaotic at times and also killed momentum going forward. They really need to get another true 9 or else suffer with games like this.

James was OK but the lack of a point man made his positioning and movement a bit confusing. And when Vidal went in, I think our guy got more lost, since Arturo covers a lot of ground and he overlapped with James repeatedly.

sidspaceman and kromekote repped this.
  6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    what feed do you guys watch to catch these live games? Everything I looked at required some type of subscription

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Old School guy, still pay for TV... Basically to watch sports in HD...

J-Mezzy, sidspaceman and kromekote repped this.
  8. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There wasn't much James could have done differently. He worked hard, but the Celtic defence was very organized and Bayern couldn't create many chances. James started as a 9 I believe but then moved to the wing. I've seen James often play with his hands in his pockets and just passing the ball around. Yesterday he really tried, I like that.

Perhaps it's good he's not working with Ancelotti anymore, now he knows he has to show what he's got to make the new coach trust him.

Azucarero and sidspaceman repped this.
  9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think James put a lot of effort, but the tactics were a little odd. Don't get me wrong, he went out and did what the coach asked him to do.

But besides Celtics organized defense, one of the things that James does best is sneak behind the 9 and use the spaces created by the forward; when he is playing as the 9, as he did at times, he was playing a role he's not used to, he was getting into more crowded spaces and he was not as effective as he can be when playing behind a true 9.

Again, this is not on him, is on Heynckes and also on Bayern's unbalanced squad. And yeah, I don't have the heat map, but I feel he really ran all over the field.

Azucarero and sidspaceman repped this.
  10. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh, yeah. It wasn't a good game for Bayern and the tactics were weird. But that's because they don't have any strikers left now that everybodys injured. It's also true that James doesn't know how to position himself a striker, he's not used to play that position.

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup. Weird that they don't have another forward. If not injured, I think Mueller can play as a 9 too, but without both of them, they lined up 6 midfielders.

12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Bayern didn't get as much offense as usual because they had to completely change their style playing without a 9. They cross a lot and rely on Lewy a lot, and don't really have a back up, playing James as a false 9 I thought James did a good job but Bayern weren't used to the formation and Coman and Robben aren't used to getting in behind and attacking the space that a false 9 gives. Thought James did a good job, didn't force anything and linked up well but he's also used to playing off a central striker so it was a change for him. Bayern needs a Lewy backup desperately, they are deep everywhere except there and if he gets hurt their season in the UCL is pretty much done. Mueller can play there but he's not nearly as effective, and without both of them it makes it worse.

dapip repped this.
  13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    B0F0976F-CF60-4027-9072-31BB47B67F75.jpeg

Starts

HomietheClown and Bomb8 repped this.
  14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Excellent.

Looks like he has already earned Heynckes' trust.

15. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't like this. I have been criticizing James a lot lately and now he's playing every match. I bet he'll even score...

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James with the assist

elviejomen repped this.
  17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    elviejomen, Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pipe pardo is better imho

elviejomen and SoyDelMustang repped this.
  19. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is so damn slow it's aggravating. He looks like the flintstones running. He's still class tho no disrespect

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And a thing of beauty...

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bomb8, Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    lol I think after his whole Real Madrid fiasco, most of us have been extra critical and worried about him.

Al things considered, I think he couldn't have asked for a better start at Bayern despite a few downs.

23. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Good to see James gaining more and more confidence with each start. Muller being out for these past few games was big for him. Muller should be back after the break though.

Cant say I disagree.

24. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can only speak for myself but I want James to succeed so bad that sometimes I get frustrated with this uncertainty of his situation. But right now it's looking good, he has taken full advantage of the minutes he's had.

I've noticed that the players in Bayern are not as individualistic as in Real Madrid. In Real Madrid the competition was so bad that the players just wanted secure their spot in the starting XI. James is a team player so Bayern at the moment seems to suit him better. Let's see how things evolve when Müller & co return.

25. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good see Jupp frustrated about it, it means James is part of his plans.

Azucarero repped this.