James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What I saw was him tracking back a lot to defend. He defended pretty well

But after 20 minutes he was totally out of steam. Also Inter did play 9 in the back the whole time. James tracking back to defend is a waste of a player. He is a 10 they are trying to make him into a Vidal

2. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

and here we thought this move would work.... Czd is going to drive everyone nuts (me included) in no time...and this is only some preseason BS :cry:

Furnaccio repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    People should stop worrying until official matches are played.
    And even then it may take James some time to adjust.
    But when he does adjust....
    ....watch out...

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He isn't a defensive player and doesn't have insane stamina to be a box to box MF. Think that's why Zidane didn't like him and what the Italian looked like he wanted against Inter.

If they want to play him as an 8 he will fail at Bayern. Kid is a false #9. That can play any attacking position.

But like I said before people took my words wrong. Inter played with like 18 players in the back and countered very very well

5. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Some of you guys also need to understand that at these elite clubs you either go out and perform or get eaten alive. These German fans aren't gonna wait forever when you have Robben and Mueller putting pressure on. I know how James is and takes time to get back into things but don't be surprised when the wolves come out for him. Nonetheless it's very early and I wouldn't pay too much mind into it.

colombianballa91 repped this.
  6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He's going through a separation, I'd expect him to be a bit out of sorts to be honest. Also we know that James can play the 10, hopefully he's being used in other areas in preseason to get him used to different positions that will help him fit into more lineups during the season. But yeah hopefully they adopt a formation with James allowed to play behind Lewy. The biggest problem is that Vidal and Thiago are great box to box CM's but aren't either a DM, so it means to play Vidal/Thiago/James together they'll probably going to need to play in a midfield 3 with James defending more or James will have to play wide and cut inside. Either way its not ideal, but he can play as a wide forward and create from there which will probably be the position he'll need to play the most in this team.

7. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzdcolombian repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I never thought about it, but James already missed 4 qualifying matches. He's set to miss 2 more, possibly 4.

Awful.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If I were Pekerman I would go back to a 4-4-2. Cardona-Cuadrado at attacking midfield. Izquierdo-Falcao at Strikers. Muriel can also be an option.

If he feels he has to play with 5 midfielders against Venezuela (as we did in Ecuador) I guess Gio Moreno could take James' spot but it can also be Mac.

12. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you look at the rosters 2014-today there has been one or two times where both Muriel and Cardona have been on the field at the same time. If we are missing james for next WCQs i would love to see these two on at the same time.

Izquierdo would be a good option to have come off the bench in these critical games and could eventually be a starter depending on his impact and contributions

GioMore better get his delta Miles account ready, we may need to call him up again ;)

13. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would go for the 4-4-2 you mentioned but Muriel has to be a starter ahead of Izquierdo especially as a second/supporting striker.

danielfrancog repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    NO !!! He is done !!! How many years of Pecho frioing can that dude have. Besides its a major away game !! Look into your heart you know for a fact he will shit his pants in Venezuela

Izquierdo instó even playing for his club. They are waiting for him to get his transfer which I don't see happening they want too much money and most teams are set. 20 million was just insane to ask for.

Besides Bayern said 2-3 weeks out. So he should be available for those games. Tho I wouldnt mind saving him for Brazil

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    *Update on USA Spanish Language Bundesliga television rights.
    This season FOX cut a deal with Univision Deportes to carry select matches in Spanish (No more GOL TV anymore.)

Sounds good to me. Univision Deportes should carry a lot of his matches that will not be on FOX Deportes so it turns out to be better than I orginally thought :thumbsup:.

16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Any updates?

17. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So the club said he won't play against Venezuela but is clear for Brazil 5 days later.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Potentially clear for Brazil. Do you guys think the Venezuela thing is because of Safety because it's a war zone?

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No.

20. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Starting in the champions league today.

21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    you have a live stream to share?

22. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    IMG_0124.JPG How did he play yesterday?

dapip repped this.
  23. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No minutes for James. Why does he need to play in clubs where he has to compete with half a dozen of players?

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He wants to play for a big club. Here's the price.

Coman, roben, Ribery Muller, all competing for playing time. Carlo will give him playing time, but he was better off going somewhere where he'd be the bona fide starter as opposed to a rotation set up

pepinointer repped this.
  25. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The guy played 85 minutes 4 days ago. He's just coming back from injury.

I don't think we should have expected anything different by this point.

pepinointer and Furnaccio repped this.