James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    True, actually I was thinking on one of these days to take a look at the German forum hoping they talk in English over there

2. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Was wondering what number he would have to play with since Robben has 10.

11 it is then.

4. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Best move for him.

(Leaving India right now so hopefully I'll be around by the time we face Venezeula and Brazil next month CIAO~)

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #6430 HomietheClown, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    US Television wise it will be a little bit of a drop off since BEIN showed almost all of Madrid's matches in English and Spanish.

FOX Sports 1 and FOX will show most of Bayern's matches in English. FOX Deportes focuses on the German teams with Mexicanos though which sucks eggs.
    And there will also be a couple of weeks or so where Bayern won't be on tv at all. They will only be available on the Fox soccer pass app that is like $20 a month.

kromekote and dapip repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    One last thing about television, Univision Deportes shows Bayern TV which does air rebroadcasts of matches every week. But I know some people here rather see matches live.

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A lot of pressure on James right now, it's time to prove that he is a world class player. But since he also succeed under a coach who hated him (in the few minutes that he played) I'm sure that under Ancelotti he'll return to be the happy player we all know and the results will be the same.

Furnaccio repped this.
  8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They air like 5 or 6 games a week between fs1 and fs2. We will see lots of him.

kromekote repped this.
  9. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think goltv has Bundesliga...

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    erm, he already proved that.

kromekote repped this.
  11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I believe that he is, but if you didn't notice, basically the whole world besides Colombians thinks that he is overrated because "he didn't do a lot in Real". If Zidane would have failed, then yes, but Zidane won everything so for them, James is not needed. I also herd several idiots who said that James is an overrated because of the goal vs. Uruguay. Now after two difficult years, James does need to prove himself again but it'll do good for him. He is a hard worker and hungry to succeed.

kromekote and Furnaccio repped this.
  12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    people say dumb stuff on a daily basis, doesn't make it true. He has some of the best stats in the world and that's despite not even playing consistently! embarrassing to even acknowledge those people. Waste of time.

13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    what @pibe10 is trying to say is that this season James is in control of his destiny. for the past two seasons, many people have said that James was frozen out / held back / met with indifference / whatever other cliche you can think of, but it really didn't matter b/c Madrid won the CL 2 times and La Liga and whatever other title they picked up along the way with James being a marginal contributor.

right now he has a clean slate to build from and there is what i like to call "Good pressure" that James should channel internally and use to his advantage. this sort of reminds me of the time when Juan Roman Riquelme went from Boca Juniors to Barca to Villareal.

Boca Juniors - superstar
    Barca - met with indifference by the manager and played out of position often
    Villareal - became world class playmaker again

The table is set, time for James to deliver the goods

ryu79, ColombiaPAPA! and pibe10 repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sounds to me like he's playing to make people like him again? as if it matters. His performance has always been up there and I don't think anything will change at Bayern.

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not to like him, but many people believe that he is not a world class player and they base it on the last two years. Of course that you and I think different and know how good he is, but his reputation doesn't only built from Colombian opinions. So yes, he needs to prove himself and to show what a huge mistake Real made.

16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not sure what you're trying to say.

bottom line - James will not grow as a player if he continues to be a rotational player like he has been for the past two seasons.

what will hopefully change will be the number of minutes we see James play this season. the performances will hopefully be better as well - because he will be on a team where he is less of a "spoke on a wheel" than what zidane wanted him to be at Madrid.

17. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Technically he don't have to prove anything. The only person he has to prove something is to Ancelotti and he already did back in Real

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i see what you are trying to say, but every professional athlete in any sport has something to prove every day. that's what separates the elite from the mediocre athletes.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/james-rodriguez-player-stats

According to this database, James had 32 appearances last season for Real playing 1,802 minutes. That's 56 minutes per game. The season before 32 appearances playing 1,859 minutes (58 minutes per game)

His workload will hopefully increase this season, so there is a lot for James to prove.

pibe10 repped this.
  19. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tomorrow it might be James debut at the Telekom cup semifinal
    Bayern vs Hoffenheim

20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not in english for a few years now. Fox making big play with bundesliga as they build soccer credentials and capabilities working towards their first world cup next year.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You are right, not in English.
    FOX did broker the Spanish Language rights to some bundesliga matches in Spanish last season to GOLTV.
    But I don't have that network on Dish so I kinda just ignored it in my previous post. :p

22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is the telekom being in aired in the US? can't find it anywhere

23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  24. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How'd he do? I think he played all 90

25. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James played really well. Looks like he is going to adapt there fast. The game lasted just 45 mins.