James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where can I place my bets for James to be on the Ballon D'or 2018 Podium? :)

danielfrancog repped this.
  2. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #6402 Baal88, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    So the loan fee is 10 million euro. We'll just have to wait and see which are the other conditions. I guess It Will probably have another amount of money in june of 2018 and the 50 million euro in the end. This to me is pretty much a transfer already. Jorge Mendes always make the negotiations like that to get more.

dapip repped this.
  3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it has an 60 million buyout option after which is mandatory. It's probably a way for Bayern to pay off the crazy transfer fee without blowing their budget

4. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dapip repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao was on 15 million euro wages think he was the 3rd or 4th best paid player in the world and just had a career ending injury.... for the 3rd time.

A low risk loan is all teams were willing to do. Man U did it and then Chelsea thought well takes a while to recover and took the risk.

James had insane numbers for someone who never played. His issue was his coach didn't like him and preferred other players. This is the only move that was on the same par unless he had gone to Barca.

I mean would have loved him at Juve or Ac Milan. But Bayern matches his ambition and can see him lifting a few more champions leagues with them :)

Best news this morning and it's my nieces birthday. Great day

Furnaccio repped this.
  6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #6406 Furnaccio, Jul 11, 2017
    Pluses - Bayern on same level as Real Madrid, reunited with ancelotti, James should be more integral to the lineup than he was at Madrid; will join team to participate in enough of the preseason tour to get acclimated with teammates

Concerns - Bayern has a tendency to rotate lineups, Robbin and RIbery - how healthy will they be this year.

the thought of James with Muller and Lewandowski sounds dangerous!!

Overall I'm happy and the fact that he is playing in Germany he can pickup on their tactics and bring some of it back to the NT

dapip repped this.
  7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Love this. Both teams go deep into Champions League every year. Would be so satisfying to see James get his revenge and help knock out Madrid next year.

sidspaceman, dapip and Doogs repped this.
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just keep in mind the following roster for Bayern:

Deep Midfield: Vidal, Javi Martinez, Sebastian Rudy, Colentin Tolisso,
    Attacking Midfield: Thiago, Robben, Ribery, Coman, Costa
    Fowards: Lewandowki (pure #9), Muller (similar to James - can play wing, CAM or 2nd striker)

Gnabry - rumor is that he is going to Hoffenheim on loan
    Renato - likely to get loaned out

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Douglas Costa's signing for Juventus tomorrow.

Furnaccio and dapip repped this.
  10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    "Teoricamente" a James le tocara pelear El puesto con Muller no?

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ditto for Cuadrado...

HomietheClown repped this.
  12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    884740915197169664 is not a valid tweet id

HomietheClown and sidspaceman repped this.
  13. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Happy he's out of Madrid. Although I wish he went to a team that guaranteed more playing time, Rummenigge made it clear that this was Ancelotti's pick. So that's already a plus from what James had in Madrid.

14. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #6415 MiLo4891, Jul 11, 2017
    I'm a little shocked, I thought he was gonna stay and fight for a spot, someone is bound to get hurt at Real and make it easier for him but other than going to Juventus Bayern was the best choice..

But Bayern are a very deep team as well.. Unless they promised him starts idk... I guess they don't want Ribery and Robben to play every game so between spelling Robben and Ribery that can be 15-20 starts and if he also spells Mueller he potentially may see a lot of starts but thats if and only if that is what is planned otherwise it could also be the same thing as the situation he was in before fighting for time at Real with Bale, Isco, Vázquez, Ascencio.. Now vs Mueller, Coman, Thiago, Ribery and Robben

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  17. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ya que nadie lo ha dicho y seguro lo estan pensado me toco a mi abrir el debate

Como va a hacer James pa hablar Aleman con esa gageadera tan berraca

18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    My prediction from August came true.
    Just replace Winter with Summer.
    :p:D

21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think this was the best move possible for James. He's in a great team that will challenge for everything and he's with a coach who knows and values him as a player. They are a deep team, that's probably a good thing in a World Cup year, he won't have to be played to exhaustion and can be rotated and kept fresh. Some great players, and with Costa being sold and Robben and Ribery both getting up there in years, James should have lots of opportunities to play and in a side that plays some beautiful soccer.

Its going to be competitive for sure, but Ancelotti loves him and James offers something different they were missing last year without a true 10.

22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    forget about James, how are we going to sneak into German forums and really know how they feel :p...

elviejomen repped this.
  23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You raise an interesting point. If there were ever any questions about James' professionalism (I never bought into them), success at Bayern should dispel. The Germans take things seriously.

24. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Revenge for what dude the club just did him a massive fucxing solid. They could've easily screwed him over. More like help Madrid knock Barca out sounds more fitting.

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Feel they had to play hard ball as teams were trying to screw them by offering them half what they paid and no accepting his value tanked. Think Zidane prob helped the situation by saying he didn't want the kid.

Either way Bayern fan now :). Hope they win Champions league and James learns a few things from the Germans. One thing for sure he learned a ton of bad habits from Ronaldo that I hope he breaks in Germany