Jaime Ayovi en Mexico- news & results

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    So is this kid the real thing or not? Will we be talking about him in another 2, 3, 4 years?

He's been getting a lot of attention lately.

I saw him play for the first time last weekend. It's hard not to notice the physical resemblance to El Tin, so fair or unfair, there's always going to be comparisons. And just like El Tin, he was pretty quiet most of the game, but when his team was down, he pounced like a cat on a loose ball in the area and smacked it in.

Ayovi goal at 2:06

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L3AzBExkKQ"]YouTube- Emelec 1 - Liga de Quito 1. Campeonato Ecuatoriano 2010.[/ame]

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Jaime Ayovi

There's hope....

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Ayovi's the best young ecua striker we've seen in the local league since...I honestly can't even remember. Emelec fans bashed Ayovi at the beginning of the season and wanted to give Peirone another chance and i knew that was gonna be a fail. I didn't think Ayovi would have 17 goals to his name, but I saw the kid had potential to start and possibly gain a good reputation b/c of the team Emelec was constructing. You have Rojas and Marcos Caicedo feeding him from both sides. Biglieri assisting when Caicedo isn't there. Then you have a strong mid with Quiroz, Pedro Quinonez and Fernando Gimenez. Leandro Torres, Enner Valencia, etc. coming off the bench. And with the potential the kid had, he had everything to his advantage to succeed.
    Anyways, Ayovi's talent is undeniable. But he has to transfer that to the NT. If him and Benitez can do that we'll have one of the most feared forwards in the CONMEBOL hands down. Ayovi can thank Emelec for renewing Peirone b/c with that guy around it was no competition what so ever.

But your right Manolo, we've been wanting someone who can just tap the ball in, position themselves correctly, have perfect timing, and net the ball in the most critical moments of a game. For now, I think everyones hopes are on him and De Jesus.

Personally, i like Marlon De jesus more. The kid finishes with class. He finishes with aim, power, and calmness. I like players who can do that. If anyone resembles el Tin's style of playing it's Marlon. To get to the point, he's impressive for an 18 yr old.

4. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

It sucks when good players don't get a chance because the coach simply doesn't like them. Ayovi got lucky but he took advantage of that opportunity. Hopefully him and Benitez start for the NT they would be sick up front!!

5. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

I think Ayovi should definitely be a starter along Benitez at the copa america. Idk why many people say he was quiet against Mexico, I saw him involved sinc the first goal when he won a ball in the midfield, then arroyo lost it but then Valencia won possesion and put it to benitez, basically Ayovi started the whole thing, later on in the game he went all the way to the line and put in a great low cross for Benitez that almost ended up as a goal. He had one shot at goal and that shot went in which shows that he is very effective. I think he will be great to have for a some years until De jesus, Montano, L.Batioja, or A, Batioja show what their capable of.

6. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

That's not promising. ayovi is older than FELIPE Caicedo..In order for this ayovi to go to europe, he's must have a kaviedes type season which I don't see happening. Felipe Caicedo would have a friggin field day in the Ecua league. At least 35-40 goals!!

7. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

when benitez and Borja played in the league, they were much better than what Ayovi is now.

He is good, but he still has to prove himself in international competitions.

8. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

He is still scoring goals. He just scored 2 vs U. de San Martín. A few days ago.

9. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

He has to start scoring some goals. Starting tonight. It is imperative.

10. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

J Ayoví is finally starting to score goals. Now he has 20 goals. Is he going to play in Mexico by the end of this season? What is the update on that?

11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

i read a rumor and confirmed by team officials that a team from Serbia, I think it was Partizan, attended a couple of Emelec games to scout him and a few others.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I like Ayovi he's a good player and has the right mind set. I hope he takes this chance and goes to Bolton if this transfer rumor is true although I honestly think he's not ready at all for the EPL...but then again, Benitez wasn't either and it's helped him in the long run. I support his move to Bolton, it'd be a great learning experience for him. I would hate to see Ayovi go to Mexico and waste his time there. He's gotta aim higher than that.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I saw the Bolton - City game yesterday. It was fairly entertaining, I also heard their striker was top scorer of the league not long ago. Not bad I guess.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Jaime Ayovi en mexico

Esta mañana se pudo confirmar como un hecho la vinculación del delantero ecuatoriano Jaime Ayoví como nuevo jugador del Toluca. “Yoya” Ayoví tiene un contrato por 3 años y en las próximas horas el jugador será presentado de manera oficial

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I don't know how you can reject the PL to go to Mexico. No offense to the Mexican League, but across the pond is the world's biggest stage, highest payouts, and most competitive league(s).

16. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Probably just didn't want to risk having a stint like Tin Delgado and Sombra Espinosa had in the PL.

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mediocre.:mad: Thinking like that will get you nowhere.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

La sombra is 33 and this kid 22.

19. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree...you have to take chances in life. You cant always have the mentality of "what if." But at the same time you have to understand the doubts some of these players have. Nobody wantes to be the next Borja who practically wasted 3 years out of his career by going to Germany. I dont support it but you cant be too hard on him either.

20. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Fernando Guerrero then.

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Plain and simple, Avovi basically said he wanted the easier road...Borja went to Germany and while there suffered a big setback with frequent injuries...by then the team was doing well and he didn't fit in. I wouldn't consider it a wasted three years though.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    money talks...

do not let that opportunity pass by.....and along the national team will ignore you if you go to a league no ones follows in this hemisphere:eek:

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ayovi, hincha del Toluca desde los 14. AHAHAHA...

Mang, I'm disappointed....

24. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    To be fair, they had a pretty strong team in the early 2000's with Jose Cardozo scoring lots of goals.