JAGUARES- Official Thread

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by soccer krazy, Dec 7, 2006.

1. OwlCanuck

OwlCanuck New Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I've been reading Big Soccer for a while, but I only just joined today because of what I've heard is happening to Jaguares. And I wanted to get some input from those that know the situation better than me.

I did a mission trip to Tuxtla in 2007, and I consider Jaguares my favourite Liga MX club. I'm so confused by the stupidity of Jaguares relocating to Queretaro, when there is already a club in Queretaro. I know Queretaro were relegated, but are there going to be two Queretaro clubs playing in two different divisions in the same stadium? And what happens to all the supporters in Chiapas? Are they going to get a new incarnation of Jaguares?

Being a Canadian, I have always hated the Canadian/US concept of club relocation because it destroys fanbases, and gives heartbreak and pain to communities. I thought the rest of the world was different, but I guess not. I understand why Atlante went to Cancun because the Mexico City market was too crowded and nobody was playing in Cancun. But I just don't understand how the Liga MX could allow this to happen to Jaguares, especially considering that Queretaro already has a club.

So could someone enlighten me on the subject and answer the following questions: Is there any legal fixture in place like a lease, that prevents clubs from just randomly moving whenever they want? Will Chiapas get a new club? Is there any legal mechanism that the people of Chiapas can use to prevent their club from moving? (i.e. lawsuit etc) Could the Queretaro FC that currently resides in the 2nd division, possibly move to Tuxtla to compensate Chiapas for the loss of their club?

2. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Everything is negotiable and for sale if you have enough money. If you have to ask how much is enough, then you don't have enough.

3. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Chiapas is about 90% close to finishing a deal that will have San Luis move to Chiapas so they have a new team, Queretaro FC who was in 1st division and played in Queretaro has officially disappeared so now Jaguares can be called Jaguares or if they would like they can take the name of Queretaro FC...its all really confusing and well we will just have to wait and see if the team name, logo, colors etc change to Jaguares or if the old Queretaro FC colors will be kept

4. OwlCanuck

OwlCanuck New Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    I'll be honest: To me, that is great news that there will be a club playing in Tuxtla next season. But this whole relocation thing has got to be gut-wrenching for the vast majority of fans involved. I really hope there is a rule passed in the coming months that permanently bans relocation unless the situation is deemed extremely dire. With all the relocations happening, Liga MX is looking like the laughing stock of world football and it's a shame because instead of talking about an amazing final between America and Cruz Azul, we're talking about relocation of clubs and erosion of fanbases.

5. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

I agree with you, and well its official San Luis has moved to Tuxtla and will go by the name of Chiapas Futbol Club
    http://msn.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...8/reales-van-a-chiapas-y-la-piedad-a-veracruz

6. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they forgot to add another "JA" in front of the name.

7. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  8. Balam

Balam Red Card

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    San Luis has officially moved to Chiapas so even though Jaguares has died the city will have a new team call Chiapas FC. Sergio Bueno will be head coach and games will be played on Saturdays @ 21:00 broadcasted by Televisa in Mexico and as of right now it is not known who will broadcast the games is the US.