Jaelene Hinkle

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Jul 15, 2019.

1. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    What are you talking about. That is exactly why. She doesn't believe her lesbian teammates should have the right to be married. She doesn't believe they should have equality.

Bob Lamm repped this.
  2. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No thats not it. That is the assumption based on people trying to read between the lines of her messages. But she never explicitly said anything on whether her teammates should be able to get married. She simply said she didn't feel obligated to wear a pride jersey. You're projecting.

CoachJon, Namdynamo and Knight1Rider repped this.
  3. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Yes, she has. She and her church both have. She has stated that marriage should only be between a man and a woman. On the day the Supreme Court ruled in favor of gay marriage she also posted her disapproval. You don't know what you're talking about or you're lying.

One of her posts from Instagram. *she had others as well.

jaelenehinkle
    Verified

Jesus didn't come to save those who already believed in Him. He came so that the lost, rejected, and abandoned men and women would find Him and believe.
    I believe with every fiber in my body that what was written 2,000 years ago in the Bible is undoubtedly true. It's not a fictional book. It's not a pick and choose what you want to believe. You either believe it, or you don't. This world may change, but Christ and His Word NEVER will.
    My heart is that as Christians we don't begin to throw a tantrum over what has been brought into law today, but we become that much more loving. That through our love, the lost, rejected, and abandoned find Christ.

Bob Lamm, McSkillz and xbhaskarx repped this.
  4. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Let me get this straight. Hinkle does a video years ago, some preacher projects her views on it, Harris attacks Hinkle rather than the preacher and it's Hinkle who raised the subject in July 2019?

CoachJon, Namdynamo and Knight1Rider repped this.
  5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bible is undoubtedly true. It's not a fictional book. It's not a pick and choose what you want to believe.
    Isn't that literally what the bible is, considering a group of humans decided which stories to put in there and which ones to omit?

Also does she feel just as strongly about all the other crap that's forbidden by the bible, or did she "pick and choose" to hate gay people in particular for some strange reason?

Leviticus 11:7-8: And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Leviticus 19:28: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you

Leviticus 19:27: Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

Leviticus 19:16 states: Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people

Exodus 21:17: "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death."

Mark 10:11-12: Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Corinthians 14:34-35: Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Leviticus 10-11: And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21: But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you

Exodus 31:14-15: "Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death
    Does NWSL not play games on Sundays? Or do they and Hinkle skips those games? Or does she play and she "shall surely be put to death"?

BrooklynSoccer and Bob Lamm repped this.
  6. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of us are old enough to remember when Rapinoe was accused of being a distraction during the WWC for comments she made to 8x8 Magazine (directly answering a question she was asked) back in like February that they tweeted out during the tournament... good thing she wasn't attacked for it by countless thousands of people including almost every conservative pundit and even the President of the United States!

7. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This my viewpoint as simple as possible and I understand many are going to disagree but truly hopeful that at least a few understand where a lot of us are coming from.

I really hope that many of you guys are aware of the following and if you're not, then educate yourself.

Understand that for many centuries, the LGBTQAI community been persecuted and treated as sinners by various powerful establishments such as political ideologies, religious ideologies, and what's culturally appropriate at the time. Up until the 1970s, the United States psychology standard DSM literature categorized LGBTQAI as a mental disorder that required permanent institutionalization or experiments with extreme procedures such as lobotomies, electro-shock therapies, sterilization, and many more things that I hope no human being ever gets subjected to.

Then thankfully, something happened in the 1960s here where many individuals not only stood for civil rights for race and ethnicity, but also rights for women and rights for gays. These movements transpired until the 1980s, when the AIDS epidemic and the popularity of hyper-masculinity set the stage for a large societal backlash from those who opposed of the movements years beforehand. It didn't help that Ronald Reagan was too afraid to address AIDS and as a leader, he unfortunately lead a lot of Americans to be fearful and afraid of gays as a result. This is also during the time Harvey Milk, the first openly gay elected official in California was assassinated by Dan White who got away with first-degree murder because he claimed he was depressed and ingested a bunch of sugary foods. There are like a zillion countless other examples of discrimination and bigotry, it would take several years to write a book about them.

Once it caught on to the mainstream in the late 90s and 2000s that gays were not disgusting and mentally deranged people, it helped that brave public figures such as Ellen came out on her popular sitcom(even though the risk was that the networks up and cancelled her show out of fear of the general public perception at the time) the discussion centered on civil rights again, particularly, marriage rights and the advantages of a union license.

Even that, in one of the most liberal states in America, California, there was a large debate on whether gay marriage should be legal or not. At the time of the controversial Prop 8, which essentially prohibited the gay community from marriage, I marched and protested with several thousand individuals in Long Beach, West Hollywood, and other large gay communities so that the status quo could truly have a discussion about it.

Nowadays, even 15 years removed from the controversy, it's so mind-blowing to me that gay marriage was super controversial because its a right that all straight individuals have and take advantage of. But for a whole entire population of people to be shut out of such a right didn't make any sense to me, but then again, I'm atheist and I wasn't brought up following a belief system that restricted rights to certain populations of people. So its incredibly hard for me to understand why its okay for some people to have restricted rights and other people to have the better advantages in life because of race, gender and sexuality.

So for individuals like Jaelene Hinkle, she grew up in a close-minded religious family that raised her to believe not everyone should have equal rights, some people may even be considered "bad" because God or the bible or whomever 2000 years ago believed that, it's a type of thinking that was perhaps once appropriate and the status quo in our society 20 years ago, but nowadays society accepts individuals regardless of race, gender, and sexuality has the same rights as white male protestants that once had all the power in the United States, and arguably still do, you know what I mean?

The beauty of this country is that you have the right to believe whatever you want, and stand up to injustices, and speak out against inequalities. Unfortunately, you can also do the opposite, you can be incredibly racist, hateful, and say that a huge population of people are disgusting and don't deserve the same rights. I say unfortunate only in that this prejudice doesn't progress human rights, or humanity in general. It causes a lot of divide and unfortunately has caused civil war and genocides around the whole world.

The symbolism of the rainbow is not just homosexuality, but integration and acceptance of many marginalized communities as one human species and the idea of equality and advocacy of basic human rights. The rainbow symbolism represents a safe space for many individuals that once had to hide for the fear of being persecuted and murdered in the past.

In this context I provided, the pride flag is representative of equal rights, opportunities, and safety, traits that the United States constitution and those that wrote it, wanted and dreamt. It shouldn't be political in that it's a flag that only liberal people accept and conservative people are supposed to oppose. It should be something all people regardless of party affiliation should be for.

As far as Jaelene Hinkle is concerned, she of course has the right to say no, I won't wear this jersey because I'm against equal rights for the LGBTQIA community, just like incels are allowed to thrive in the dark web and post misogynic recruitment videos or white supremacist groups such as the Ku Klux Klan are allowed to hold rallies and recruit people without any violation of law. But these organizations and beliefs are extremist and aren't inclusive of all citizens. So therefore, why would a team that represents the UNITED, that's UNITED States allow an individual with extremist non-inclusive beliefs that are frankly, very bigoted and alienating, to represent the whole nation? With all the progress, millions of deaths, and hardships of entire populations of people over the course of human existance, why would anyone welcome with open arms, an individual that believes restricting rights all over again? Why should the LGBTQIA community have to go through alienation once again?

Okay, I'm off my soapbox because I think I wrote a book. If ya'll still don't understand where I and others on here are coming from, then this conversation isn't ever going anywhere but "me versus you" for 1000 future posts. Basically the gist is, most on here think its some liberal agenda political issue and the thing is, we are here to say it's human rights issue and it shouldn't be political. People shouldn't be discriminated based on sexual orientation, just like people shouldn't be discriminated based on whether they are female, or whether they are a person of color.

Okay, this time I'm really done. I promise, I don't know why I get so frustrated but I guess I have personal life experiences from discrimination and its hard to read these posts and not respond to them if only to make one person understand or empathize at least.

CoachJon, orcrist, TimB4Last and 4 others repped this.
  8. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thats her views on marriage yes. I know this may be shocking but she holds pretty mainstream Christian views like being pro-life and such. But thats not why she didn't wear the uniform.

Lets leave the Bible hermeneutics out of it. You're kinda proving that Nigerians point though that her exclusion from the team was due to her religious views.

9. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't get me started on how "pick and choosy" culture of Christianity or any other mainstream religion for that matter. The idea that you're not supposed to commit the sin of murder yet so many centuries of bloody battles and genocides brought up because village B didn't believe in village A's version of their bible is well documented through culture, uprisings, artwork, silence of many marginalized communities and underground and revolutionary movements meant to get away from the pain and suffering of dominant powers.

Let's pick something like gay rights to be against but hey, it's okay for us to not always go to church or work on Sundays or kill human beings if they don't adhere to our religion. That's totally fine......

Me: ::scratches my head::: o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

10. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #85 xbhaskarx, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    How am I, a random person on the internet with zero power over anything, "proving" anything? Please elaborate on your no doubt brilliant theory...

Doesn't the bible explain how to perform an abortion if a wife is suspected of being unfaithful?

Didn't Christians not give two sh*ts about abortion until that issue got politicized by some racist old dudes who didn't want non-whites attending their religious schools?

orcrist and BrooklynSoccer repped this.
  11. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    #86 puttputtfc, Jul 16, 2019
    Appreciate the post and you opening up to a message board. Empathy and understanding aren't necessarily in question but the definition of what is tolerable and what is USSF's mission. Are rainbow numbers a stand against intolerance or is it profitable SJW pandering? Is it fair that Hinkle's reasons for leaving the team were leaked to the press or is it a betrayal? Are her views and comments that terrible or is it projection? Why would Harris attack Hinkle and not the preacher who made the comments? Why now? Harris has had plenty of time to air her opinion.

Hinkle has accepted the fact that she will never play for the USWNT again. When she left the team her teammates supported her both club and country. I guess I don't understand this attack mentality on someone who quietly walked away even when I don't agree with Hinkle's religious views or career choices.

Namdynamo, Quaker and Timon19 repped this.
  12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Obianuju Ekeocha stated that the USWNT doesn't appear to be a welcoming place for Christians. Thats where the whole thing started along with an article in the Washington Examiner. With a lot of your anti-Christian/religious rhetoric you're basically showing that perhaps Obianuju is right. Its not that difficult to understand.

13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Oh, I dunno. Could be because you pulled the old "your guy" on someone who no doubt holds Trump in more contempt than I do. Despite our SIGNIFICANT differences, sitruc and I agree on this: that Trump is a worthless human being.

FanOfFutbol repped this.
  14. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Stop being so reasonable.

15. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #90 xbhaskarx, Jul 16, 2019
    How is pointing out what the bible ACTUALLY SAYS "anti-Christian"? The fact is it says a lot more about not eating various foods, not having sex, not working on Sundays, women not speaking, etc. than it does about gay people and abortions COMBINED.
    You tell me why Christians focus on hating gay people and denying them equal rights, and denying the reproductive rights and body autonomy of women, while choosing to completely ignore most of the parts that I quoted... I'm SURE there's a better reason than "they're homophobes and misogynists and just generally terrible people who enjoy oppressing marginalized groups while constantly playing the victim" but I'll leave that to you to explain.

I am not a member of the USWNT. I don't coach the USWNT. I don't make any decisions relating to the UWSNT. My opinions and statements on some stupid internet forum have zero connection to anything that happens with the USWNT.

Oh and there are plenty of Christians playing for the USWNT.

It's not that difficult to understand for people who have a basic understanding of how reality works, which granted may be an issue for those who worship an invisible sky god.

16. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Sunday is not the sabbath, it is a convention of the roman catholic church that is rooted in the apostasy of the council of Nicea.

I get that both sides are intractable in this discussion, but for me, it goes back to USSF pandering and taking a political position when it should be about sports. What the players do in their own time, and how they use the notoriety they have gained is up to them, but it should not be a part of the locker room or official team position including the uniform. The USSF is supposed to represent all of America and should not be an agent for social change.

I also absolutely abhor the oft used bipolar tactic of you are with us or against us. Why can't a person have personal beliefs and allow others to have their's? Lets go to a match, watch some footy and have a few beers. Those problems will still be around after the match, and we can delve into those after a few rounds, or not.

I admire the young lady, she stood up for what she believed, and she paid dearly for her stand, continued excoriation serves no useful purpose. She never should have been put in that position in the first place. The only "flag" that should be on an USNT jersey in the US flag, and honestly it shouldn't really be worn as clothing even though millions do it.

I tune into sports specifically to tune out the outside world for a few hours and do not appreciate being preached at or to, during my escape time.

SO, I think for the games we just ought to let you do you and I will do me and perhaps we can use our common interest to realize that both sides are human beings, and perhaps we can find some places of agreement that will allow tolerance and acceptance of our differences.

17. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    her team...had gay pride week...she played in the match lol.

she picks and chooses her battles because she can't be too obvious she needs some sense of being vague.

18. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Even if we assume that Hinkle is the best player at her position, this is still a team sport. What we saw in this world cup was 23 individuals (as well as the coaching staff) have great team camaraderie.They all worked as one unit. Jill Ellis's main goal is to win the world cup. The last thing she wants to do is alienate some of the core players by having them deal with this distraction. The same is true with any team sport where some of the best players on the team are typically traded / waived because they're a locker room distraction.

19. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just looked it up. The North Carolina Courage had Pride Week last month, culminating in the match against the Portland Thorns on June 15. But they didn't force players to wear rainbow jerseys (see here). So Hinkle chose to play. Don't understand why the USSF couldn't have been accommodating.

Namdynamo and Dfwsoccer01 repped this.
  20. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    I said if Hinkle had not originally posted to social media and THEN did a special for the 700 Club, I doubt any of information would have been made public in the first place. There's always conflicts in camps, etc. that we don't hear about. Hinkle originally made this all public. No member of the WNT responded until yesterday.

orcrist, McSkillz and Bob Lamm repped this.
  21. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Because the team fights for equality and wants to support other LGBT people, especially kids, who are 4 times more likely to commit suicide.

I think you're asking the wrong question. I don't know why fighting for equality bothers so many people on here.

22. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    This response seems nonsensical and inapplicable to the quoted passage.

23. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    "I don't understand why the USSF couldn't have been more accommodating" - the poster was wondering why the federation, unlike the NWSL, had all the players wear rainbow numbers. And my response was because the team has stated hundreds of times, they support and fight for equality.

@Timon19 I can't be here to always explain things to you.
    ps- I don't care what your political affiliation is.

McSkillz, blissett and Bob Lamm repped this.
  24. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Its anti-Christian because you're simply quoting passages without any context or hermeneutical understanding behind them. Thats just lazy and intellectually dishonest from the start.

And while true there are Christians on the USWNT in case you didn't know Christians are not a monolithic group. Anybody can technically say they are a Christian so the fact that some players are is of no consequence. The better thing to point out is how that faith manifests itself.

Lol Samantha Bee...geez

Airox repped this.
  25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Your response still doesn't follow unless you think North Carolina does NOT care about such things.

Listen, you're frequently unclear, and there is a lot of mixing of ideas and undue assumptions. I ask questions to clear up and verify. I am not sorry that that seems to annoy you. I want to understand other posters, not lecture them.

Umm...okay? I didn't offer it.