Jaelene Hinkle

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Jul 15, 2019.

1. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    and that stands for all men created equal...so what is the problem...oh wait when you hear that you think it means all white straight people created equal everyone else can deal with the scraps.

I missed ur posts being made about mlb teams and nfl teams doing it. strange how it seems to be something about this that is different...hmmmmmm

Nacional Tijuana, McSkillz and blissett repped this.
  2. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006

timon you should do a gofund me for her I think david duke could handle the cash for you.

McSkillz repped this.
  3. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006

I wonder who that could be from? Maybe the trump loving losers and homophobes who hate the team because they spoke out against him? Irony is if they said they loved him...they'd love the same women and say it was fine they went political lol.

4. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Can you try again in English? Or maybe just go away?

5. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    ur homophobic and are trying still to find ways to justify it.

stick with god telling you to do it lol

6. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #56 MiLLeNNiuM, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Thank you for confirming what I was saying.
    This is the U.S. national team, not a domestic league.

Out of curiosity, please provide a link showing when the NFL and MLB put rainbow colors on their jerseys.

Namdynamo, Knight1Rider and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  7. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH

8. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I’m not into the “preachy” types, bible beaters or anything like that, but this seems like a really squared away girl. It would be a shame if she doesn’t get another shot.

Now compare this video with the Harris vid... hide your momma, hide your kids...crap.

Regardless of your political or religious stances, who seems like the more put together individual? Lol

Knight1Rider repped this.
  9. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There you go confusing the subject matter again.
    This is not the politics or religion board, so I have refrained from bringing those issues into the discussion. If you want to discuss politics/religion, then take the convo to the proper place.

10. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are like half a dozen openly "loud and proud" Christians on the current USWNT... weird how that's not an issue for anyone.

What if some schizophrenics three thousand years ago decided that their religious followers shouldn't stand up for national anthems?

How "put together" can someone be if they take orders from an invisible entity? Lots of put together people in mental institutions if that's your standard.

2in10 and blissett repped this.
  11. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a great point by ole Issac...

blissett and Timon19 repped this.
  12. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Neither, mostly from the woke keyboard warriors.

13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    That's what I thought. I didn't think the team had said "boo".

14. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    hinkle made them part of the conversation when she left the national team camp for religious reasons lol.

McSkillz, blissett and BrooklynSoccer repped this.
  15. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    totally everyone loved hinkle no player has ever said anything bad she just thought the rainbow colors clashed with her hair color and after talking to god he agreed and she decided to leave the team.

BrooklynSoccer repped this.
  16. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And this is our problem. I believe USSF caused this controversy when they decided to make it mandatory to wear the rainbow jerseys.

Namdynamo and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  17. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    I hate to break this to you, but twitter is part of the news now. Ask your President.

As stated, Harris and Kyle Kreiger's response was exactly that. A response.
    It needed to be said and I'm glad we heard from a member of the WNT on this issue.

Are you listening to this team though? Weather we like it or not, they are not just soccer players. They take social issues very seriously and are decidedly using this platform they earned and they won to spread their message of equality.

2in10, McSkillz, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Oh my.

Everyone is going completely insane on this thread. sitruc, HAVE YOU ASKED YOUR PRESIDENT????

19. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008

WNT has said nothing about this and until tonight no player has ever stated anything. So, your argument and accusations are pretty thin.

Here's a few minutes of Hinkle talking on the subject though. Do you need her instagram and tweets as well? other interview articles?

20. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    why are you yelling? Second, yes, twitter is used as a news source specifically by the President. Timon19, maybe you should wait until the morning to post?

21. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    She's actually doesn't believe her teammates should have the same rights in America that she has.
    Sorry, DF, she's a clear cut bigot, using religion to justify her big ol' bigotry.

sitruc, 2in10, Feraligatr19 and 4 others repped this.
  22. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Hinkle didn't raise the question. One side is making her to be a homophobe and bigot which seems to run counter from what those close to her say and now some people are making her to be a martyr which she has never claimed to be. This is an unfunny version of "Life Of Brian".

23. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Two things. First, I don't see that in her statements.

Second, USSF/SUM can make changes if they really want. The last and next men's WC are held in nations with abysmal human rights records with respect to gays. SUM holds TV rights for the entire Western Hemisphere through 2026 which is one hell of a hammer to hold. Instead, they go for the flaccid act of rainbow numbers because they won't have to work for any type of real change and the money keeps rolling in.

Finally, I want to state that I am a non believer in God and don't agree with Hinkle on a personal level. I respect her right to believe in whatever she wants and her choice to live the way she wants. She has accepted full responsibility for her actions and didn't raise this subject.

Quaker and Timon19 repped this.
  24. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008

First, that IS what Hinkle is saying. She does not believe gay people should have the right to marry She does not believe her teammates should have the same rights in America that she is afforded.

Second, the federation should absolutely stand up to FIFA holding the men's WC in places with abysmal human rights. But, as you know, FIFA is held accountable to nobody and the men on the MNT do not have the balls with women on WNT do.

Nobody is arguing that Hinkle doesn't have the right to believe in whatever she would like believe in. She can be a bigot all she wants and she can talk about how much she dislikes her teammate's equality all she wants. We know bigots of all shapes and sizes are kicked off sports teams, national teams and fired from jobs all the time. (And people are kicked off teams for simply not following the team rules, like wearing a jersey).

Finally, she actually did raise this subject first, she did a 6 minutes video about this issue for the 700 Club.

Hinkle is the only reason any of this was made public. And she did that very much on purpose.

2in10, orcrist, Bob Lamm and 2 others repped this.
  25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thats not what she said at all. Hinkle wears her religion on her sleeve at all times. This can be unsettling for people who believe it should be relegated to inside the home or its simply private. I think its not surprising at all that she wasn't on the team and it wouldn't have worked. But that isn't because of Hinkle.

Knight1Rider repped this.