Jaelene Hinkle

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by McSkillz, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Do you have quotes of her telling gays go to hell etc.?
    I read quite alot of insinuations about what she does or say about gays, but I've yet to be presented one.
    Let me be cristal clear. In the team there are more Christians besides Hinkle.
    Unless there are more versions of the Christian Bible going around, they all believe the Book (as in the NAB) to be true and all have the same text telling the same thing about gays.
    Unless anybody can come up with evidence Hinkle made public citations of those texts about gays or attacked gay team mates verbally with those citations, the only problem there is, is the declining of wearing a rainbow numbered shirt. If she's shunned for that it's an act of hypocracy, as the other Christian team mates have in their possession the Book as their guide in life that tells things about gays.

2. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Right, which is what we were all led to believe. And granted, I’ve seen very little of her play, but I’ve heard a number of people say she’s the best back in the women’s league, so that makes you wonder, was it truly based on performance or based upon what Harris said...”she didn’t fit in”.

3. You really are a star in sucking your thumb for fake facts are you?
    You know you're making up things like telling the coach she's better etc.
    Please when you make such a statement, back it up with quotes.
    She, afaik, didnot have a problem to play alongside gays.
    A non footballing requirement makes her uncomfortable, so she declines to be selected for those specific matches. She's not unreliable. She would have been if she would have shown up and then put off the shirt. She gave the coach the opportunity to make mends, not ambush her on the sideline during the match.

So, what's the next requirement for the team? Should the other Christian team members be required to walk out of a sermon in church when from the pulpit the text is being read about gays?

Namdynamo repped this.
  4. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LAFC has rolled out the rainbow flags on many occasions during matches. I've been to games in person and have photographs to prove this fact. MLS does have gay pride solidarity nights.

5. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THIS. RIGHT. HERE. The USWNT has been doing rainbow numbers on pride month for like 10 years now, so Hinkle had no idea she was going to have to wear the shirt until the last minute? I don't believe that. I mean, heck... both the NWSL and the earlier WPS has been doing pride numbers every friggin season and you're telling me she didn't know that? If she had such an issue with it and watched the USWNT over the years, she would have talked about the upcoming Pride month instead of declining to go to camp in late May and then finally speak about it a year or two later to a conservative news show without talking to Jill Ellis about it upfront.

6. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    So my original question to you was what exactly is Rapinoe attempting to do.... you came back with OVERALL changes the women’s team changed/is trying to change. But never answered my question.

Well, as of a couple weeks ago, apparently Rapinoe can’t answer the question either....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/townha...star-picks-fight-with-trump-n2549079?amp=true

7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes. Well, let's hope the USSF doesn't use this argument, as it would amount to actual, illegal discrimination.

8. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Most American sports leagues and teams have Pride events too.

Every single MLB team, except 2, had LGBT Pride events/games this year.
    Where rainbows are actually on the field, such as home plate. GASP!!

The WNBA has official Pride events every years.

NBA teams hold Pride nights. Every single NBA team realized official Pride t-shirtrs.

Even some NFL teams of official Pride games/events.

The list is long...

9. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    I'll give you some time to do some more research before I respond. You gotta try a little harder bud. Try other sites, beyond "Town Hall" perhaps.
    I mean, I literally listed some very important changes this team has already influenced.

10. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Has it been that long? I honestly don't remember when the USWNT started wearing the pride numbers.

11. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Umm...I can't be arsed to go back and look for sure, but the very post you respond to is asking about a specific player's aims and that poster criticizes you for referring to things the team has already done. And in response, you point to the thing that said person is criticizing as support of the first.

This seems to be a pattern in your interactions.

You're answering questions not asked.

12. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Which is all great, but when is more emphasis/awareness going to be put on diseases such as Alzheimer’s, which will be a huge epidemic in the coming years.

LGBT has made huge strides over the past 10 years. If we are going to continue to push sexuality through sports, I wish more emphasis would be put on health related issues. Which is just as important as sexuality issues.

13. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    OMG. Forget it. You don’t read.

14. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Do a little more research on Rapinoe and what she's trying to do. it's all there for you to find. @Timon19 can help if he wants.

Rapinoe and the team's messages are united on a few fronts, which is why I said 'team" even though Rapinoe has been most vocal. I thought you guys knew that.

15. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Lol....just like the link I sent.. hem hawing away.. At the end of the day, Rapinoe (individually) is not going to be remembered any other way than disrespecting the anthem. Which is too bad, because she was a great player before her injury.

Namdynamo repped this.
  16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I would prefer it if you'd answer the questions asked, if able, and not try to pass off different answers as the requested information.

That's...an interesting attempt to recover.

17. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I'll take that bet, Smokey. You don't like her. Don't let that cloud things.

18. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Does that mean you refuse to look for what Megan's positions are, what she's fighting for and has achieved? Because you may not like what you find?

Megan just won best player and golden boot on a WC winning team, after her injury.

19. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Don’t turn this into a Rapinoe thread. People love to turn it into that, so they can make anyone questing Rapinoe as a villain... Kinda like how if anyone questions you....

20. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    So getting back to the actual Hinkle topic, why I think this is a big deal is because you have 2 aging players in Heath and Rapinoe. Heath May have more in the tank than Rapinoe does. Crystal Dunn’s preferred (and potentially better) fit is in one of those wide roles. With her speed, and two way ability, she would be a workhorse on the flank. So, if she moves, who fills the left back spot? In theory, you’d want what some consider the best left back in NWSL...Hinkle.

21. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the WWC, i’m thinking Dunn may be the best left back in the world, and I think other national teams’ coaches may think so too. Look at the games with a view to the side of the field on which the other team tried to bring forward the ball — O’Hara’s side. Was Crystal ever beaten in a play that resulted in a goal? She’s become a fantastic left defender, early doubters notwithstanding.

22. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    She might be "the best" in that teams avoid her, but her positioning is still...not awesome. She gets by because her recovery speed is so damn good, and her fitness and work rate are immense, relative to everyone else.

She is Frankie Hejduk.

23. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    These are your questions, you brought them up a few times.
    Let me know what you guys find @Timon19

24. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Is there a reason you're being all passive-aggressive?

Have you found anything to substantiate your earlier claim, or are you going to continue to dance?

I mean, I looked, too, and it wasn't particularly easy (what does one search on to find out whether or not the USWNT requested the uniforms "as a unit"), so I get why you might not have something right away, but surely you have something.

The entire reason I asked was because despite all the words spilled here for the past 6 weeks, I never saw that contention made. It was unusual.

25. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    No, i'm just asking you guys to answer your question. All the information is easily found on-line, so i'm curious why you won't look for what Megan stands for or has accomplished. it's super easy to find.