PBP: J7 - La Liga 18/19 | FC Barcelona v Athletic Club | 29 September 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Sep 27, 2018.

1. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yellow card to Messi ... come on man why argue with the ref it won't change anything :unsure:

2. skalomax

skalomax Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Why did Rakitic play all 90? I would have rather seen vidal

Force Barca and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

7p dropped in last 3 games against weak opponents. Barca would be lucky to finish top 3 if they keep this up.

skalomax repped this.
  4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yep the ball simply sat up too much and he couldnt get his foot over it

good combo near the box from messi and suarez

5. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    3rd game in a row where you dropped points.

What the hell is going on??? :unsure:

7. Force Barca

Force Barca Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 23, 2017
    Get fraudverde out of the club. $#%@ him for subbing off Vidal and not Rakitic. That leaves a great impression.

We are a pub side without Messi

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

EV is showing his true skills, last season was a surprise just like Lucho first season. When Messi isn't there to save your ass you show exactly what you're capable of... mediocrity!

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Missed another game ... definitely disappointing. Could be a trophy-less season.

10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

It is when Munir is the one coming in and scoring. He being backup striker is a disgrace for a club like Barca. This simple mindedness of the board and coach is baffling, simply ruining the club and Messi last year's. ********ing hell! Sack them already, they have no vision or determination. Buying players just to exclude them, bench them and offload them next year and keeping shites like Rafinha, Craperto, Munir.. not rotating when they should, rotating when they shouldn't.. tactically inept and still no ********ing plan B.

I hope Messi just packs his bags and leaves, he deserves better than these morons..

11. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    To be honest, everyone following Barca should have been alarmed from the last season. It’s true that we won the league and that too almost unbeaten, but there was so much luck involved it was hilarious. Some of the fans were unhappy and were pointing this out all long but some “best fans” saw this as being over critical and pointed to the unbeaten run in the league. Then Roma happened and to be fair that should be the end for any manager in charge of Barca. Unfortunately this did not happen. And the same shit we were being served last season, we are getting served this season as well. Only thing different this season is we are not as lucky. The post our opponents were hitting then, we are hitting them. Mats is making some brilliant saves, but he is not stopping everything and our opponents have found their shooting boots.

I do not see any pattern in our play at all. There is not a single thing from the start of last season which I can point to and say well we have atleast improved in this area. The most logical thing at the moment will be to let EV go and try to build something when it’s not too late but I don’t think this board has the vision or balls to do this. It will continue like this the whole season and at the end of the season we might have another Copa del Rey due to Messi and another thrashing in the CL.

Forzabarca repped this.
  12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Valverde has a small club mentality, and that has not changed in his time as manager of Barca.

Viscaelbarca and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think we all know that last season La Liga was fortunate. I gave EV (and the board) a pass basically because they were sucker punched by Neymar. But this season is different.

evil_allan, BocaFan and Forzabarca repped this.
  14. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

No plan B ?!?!? did you miss Pique playing as a CF almost half the time in the second half :D

Forzabarca repped this.
  15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    La Liga becoming real dicks this season and censoring game highlights on Youtube. Turds.

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Haha I didn't miss it, I call that Plan F. Plan Fail!

puyol repped this.
  17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Still think we'll turn it around. But the upcoming schedule is scary considering one can't even beat Leganes. We could be 5-7 points behind LPB in a month.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Messi basically made the ball hit him and go in.

It will be interesting to see how Messi deals with adversity at club level. He was under the impression the squad is really good pre-season. He is already getting feisty at refs.

19. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Did you not see last season at all (departure of Moneymar and being slaughtered by LPB in supercopa)?????

He copes just well with adversity. But it might be too much for him this season when he realizes that after the disastorous WC where he had one of the worst coach in the whole tournament, he must play with another one at club level.

This is not directed towards you.

I blame every cules who voted for Bartomeu and the ones who felt to be the “true fan” by backing the coaches/board no matter how well they performed to have ruined one of the best chance to dominate world football for a decade with a talent like Messi. Such a waste of ressource!!!! Man I wonder how many more CLs we might have won with better management/coach with Messi in our team. I have no doubt that we just threw a golden chance to catch up LPB this time.

puyol and Forzabarca repped this.
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The board did go in heavily for Griezmann.

A 1 for 1 sub for Suarez is hard to find to be honest.

21. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    For all of our talents, we look so horrible without Messi. That, to me, is a clear-cut coaching problem.

And no one has been able to properly replace Neymar. Well, I am not sure anyone can — but we have not made up for his absence collectively either.

The alarm bells should really be ringing.

22. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We've dropped 7 points in a week but have got away with it. If I had to pick a team to win La Liga right now it would be Atletico

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They played 2 tough games already. So they have an edge theoretically. Having said that, Isco is out for a month and Bale went off injured today. The shine on Asensio is already wearing off. And if Modric goes down they are screwed. Given the summer he has had it wouldn't be surprising.

BocaFan repped this.
  24. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    ESPN:

“The debate about Barca's dependence on Messi is not a new one, but it resurfaced on Saturday when the Argentine came off the bench to help them salvage a point at Camp Nou as their winless run extended to three games.

Messi, who was introduced in the 55th minute, had already hit the post and seen a free kick cleared off the line when he set up Munir El Haddadi to equalise with five minutes to play.

"We have the squad and the players to be a great team, to be a strong team and not depend on anyone," Messi told BeIn Sportswhen asked if Barca were too reliant on him.

"This is Barca. We have enough players, we don't need to depend on one. These results have been a shame, but we have to stay calm because it's a long season."

Striker Luis Suarez also said Barca, whose tie with Athletic followed a midweek defeat to Leganes and a draw with Girona, should be able to cope without Messi.

"We have the best player in the world but we can't depend on Leo coming on to sort things out," the Uruguayan said to reporters.

"There are a lot of us here on our own merits, for having shown a lot at other clubs, and it doesn't depend only on Leo coming on. We should have won the game before he came on."

—————-

Like I said, we should be able to cope without Messi — but we have not been able to figure this one out for the past 2 years or so.

25. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    hofoot.com & goalsarena.org

Gilmango and celito repped this.