J28: OL v. Rennes [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by AfrcnHrbMan, Mar 18, 2011.

1. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    03/19/11
    CET2100 EST1500
    Stade de Gerland

Gotta keep the forum alive! Title implications run heavy in this match against, second place Rennes. A point above of us and 3 away from Lille, I guess you can call them the surprise side of the season. But we absolutely need 3pts here. Luckily we've been in excellent form in the league.

ALLEZ L'OL

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I do have the ability to post in two forums at once:cool:
    emphasis on this game is huge, seeing how Lyon don't play Lille again, there is a nessecity of gaining maximum points and keep the league form strong(5 games undefeated)
    I'm interested in seeing who lines up for the defense as well in midfield
    I want to see Pjanic + Gourcuff, even though gourcuff was less than stellar in the last game...

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well that was disappointing...

4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What a way to throw away 2pts. Played real well in the first, came out and didn't try to kill the game. Rennes started to take over after their red...Nullified some good performances from Pjanic Gomis and Cissokho.

5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    i didnt see the game but from what i hear Lyon just sat back after the red card and didnt push forward to try to score a second goal. mathematically it will be very difficult for Lyon to make up 6 points in 10 games. Lyon seems to be stuck at 4th or 5th place in the table for some time now and maybe thats an indication that Lyon will not be able to win the league again this year. There still seems to be some mental frailty within the squad and it could be a lack of leadership from Puel that is partly the cause for that.

6. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I lost all hope for the league title after that Rennes match. Now the primary concern is getting on the podium to ensure CL football next year.

7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    and Puel démission?

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think that writing has been on the wall even with our recent patch of good form.