PBP: J27 - La Liga 18/19 | RAYO v FC Barcelona | 9 March 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Mar 4, 2019.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, Pique is a politician so he has to say that, but the money is a factor unfortunately as there is only so much of it to go around. Plus it makes it tougher to get rid of Coutinho since it would look really bad on the Board if they sell a player for one-third of what they bought him for in the previous season. So I think we are stuck with him for a while since nobody will want to pay more than about €50 mn for Gomes II. Hopefully he can turn it around and become as good as Bale has been for Madrid but he’s a long way even from that low bar.

I get the whole panic buy situation that materialized when Neymar left, which makes the Dembele purchase somewhat forgivable. Doesn’t expalin overpaying for a guy who was cup-tied though.

2. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Dembele is a baller and a great purchase. His price will become irrelevant in the future. As for Coutinho he needs to be an advanced no 10 to thrive. Which is tough because Messi goes there

Even so Barca should go for Hazard. I am sure Chelsea would prefer a player in exchange and who would be great at Chelsea

3. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Coutinho hasn't been nearly as bad as people make it seem. Yes he hasn't scored goals but when you're 4th in the pecking order, you're not going to score a lot. He does a good job keeping possession most of the time and makes things happen. He's drawn a few penalties as well. We need him to be better but he will have his chance and I'm hopeful he will come through. He's a talented footballer!

unclesox and ShortyMac repped this.
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think you're spot on with Coutinho needing to be more of a 10.

Seems like Hazard is set on Madrid. Don't think that's realistic.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Especially with the transfer ban. Hazard isn't going anywhere.

As for Dembele, the injuries are concerning. Hamstring issues for someone who makes a living at sprinting (to where the end line meets the edge of the box)? Not good. Hasn't improved since we bought him, unlike Semedo for e.g.