J25: OL v. LOSC [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by AfrcnHrbMan, Feb 25, 2011.

1. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    02/27/11
    CET 2100 EST 1500
    Stade Lille-Metropole

I don't have to tell anyone how huge of match this is. A lost would virtually end our title hopes this year. A victory could send Lille in to a spiral that would see them knocked off the top spot. Luckily for us we've been playing excellent ball lately, and Lille have lost their last two encounter. To top it off we've had an extra two days rest from our european excursions. We'll still be without Lisandro, but all the attacking players seem hot right now so it shouldn't be a big blow. I'm eagerly anticipating this one.

ALLEZ L'OL

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if Lyon win do you still want Puel to leave ? ...and if so? Lyon beats Lille "and i hope they do" what will happen> will they be changes of heart at the Lyon camps?

3. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Are you referring to my signature lol. I don't know really about Puel. He's a good coach, and I admire his passion. However, I always have the feeling he's not using this team's capabilities to their fullest. I'll leave it up JMA to decide what's best. Though I will change my sig if we beat Lille :D.

4. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    how about a draw?

5. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How bout not lol. Entertaining game, I feel someone is going to win this, hopefully Lyon. They are looking pretty sharp right now. Super goal from Kallstrom.

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    cant believe lyon didnt put that game away. so many regrets in the last 20 mins of the game.

7. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It would be easy to look back at this game if we end up a few points off the title.

8. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Its frustrating that every time that we get a draw or lose a game, the other contendors always seem to win their matches. At least we kept Lille from getting 3 points this time.

9. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea that was the real kick in the pants Rennes OM and PSG widen the gap, we just made it easier for one of them to snag the title. I so wished that Toulalan's shot went in late in the second, he made such a great move to create space for himself, it would have been a special goal.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    we took a point off the leader on their turf (what there was of it).

despite a very hard-played CL match tuesday we were fresher at the end than a team that had rested nearly everyone in the europa cup. and if it wasn't for cris using up our first sub so early, i think pied would have come on at the same time as delgado, pjanic for kim for the last 10' and then the nut was well and truly cracked.

puel outcoached garcia royally: on a pitch where the only way to play was direct longball counterattacking, we took that option completely away from lille in the second half and foxed them into leaving it wide open for us. sure it looked (and was) dangerous to be so close to our own goal for so long, and clearing the ball was a bit more difficult than anyone would have liked, but in the end it almost did the trick.

all the other teams in the leading group won but only two of them played each other. all the big dogs will have to meet soon, and plenty of fur will fly then. so this draw simply prolonged the status quo of 5 teams neck and neck.

a loss would have put us in a tough spot but mainly with regards to lille.

a victory and i would have predicted OL as champion, just as i'd said they'd be champion d'automne*

*with a win in the vélo