PBP: J24 - La Liga 18/19 | FC Barcelona v Real Valladolid | 16 February 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 14, 2019.

1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Who cares about the Copa ... Real were winning a third straight CL ( 4 in 5 years ) and could easily make it four in a row ..

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ajax for the upset. Ramos tactical yellow to blow up on his face. Would be epic.

Gilmango and condor11 repped this.
  3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    so?

we have won 7 la liga titles in 10 seasons and going for 8 in 11.

Without a double you can't aim for a treble and a treble is harder to win...just ask Real Madrid and Liverpool fans.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Most neutrals would choose the four CL trophies given La Liga is seen as a two horse race ( at best , some seasons ) especially as they're so recent .. it doesn't seem long ago that winning back to back CL wasn't possible yet here they are going for four in a row .

Add the fact that we are just awful to watch when we WERE known as the BEST footballing team around ...

puyol repped this.
  5. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Liverpool would probably give up their Istambul miracle CL to get their hands in an EPL title...

Some fans are simply too hard to please

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Most fans would choose the any number of UCL trophies over any number of league titles regardless of how many contenders there are domestically because fans are glory hunters. They love the look of that huge, fat, big-eared trophy and what it (supposedly) represents: The best club in Europe.
    Screw what the fans think. I'll listen to what coaches would rather win: La Liga or Champions League.

Which would be when?

7. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I just dont think some fans realise how successful we have been in the last 10 seasons...maybe some numbers might help

Number of major trophies (League, Domestic cup, and Champions league) won by teams in the top 5 leagues in last 10 seasons...max number possible is 30

Barcelona - 16 titles (2 trebles)
    Bayern Munich - 12 titles (1 treble)
    Juventus - 11 titles
    PSG - 10 titles
    Real Madrid - 8 titles
    Chelsea - 8 titles
    Inter Milan - 5 titles (1 treble)
    Borussia Dortmund - 4 titles
    Manchester City - 4 titles
    Manchester United - 4 titles

every other club had less than 4 major titles.....

Gilmango repped this.
  8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Some of us want to see attractive football ... even Wolves are playing better football than us nowadays

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Here we go again... :laugh:

Anyway, with LPB dropping points last weekend its looking like going for it in the Copa was the right move. Can't take anything for granted even with a 7-point lead in La Liga, but at the moment it doesn't look like the screw-ups in the league are going to hurt Barca, even if we take that leap and blame the 4 points dropped recently on the Copa.

Anything is possible. But at the moment, Madrid's 2019 revival is about as overrated as Jimmy Fallon's Trump impersonation. Since New Years' they have dropped 8 points, more than Barca.

Gilmango and condor11 repped this.
  10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Their schedule is easier, but hey, if they are going to drop points at home vs Girona, it's all cool. Right now Atletico is more of a concern. Normally I'd say away draws at Sevilla and Madrid are good results. But that could draw Atletico in to within 3 pts. I'd be happy with 4 points from 6.

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :cool: Wolves are my favorite club in England. But to be honest I wouldn't have known that since I rarely watch EPL.
    All I know is that they're seventh in the table, which is quite impressive for them. Little chance of making Europe but that's okay. Baby steps. :thumbsup:

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    LPB's schedule is easier, but Atleti's not really. I'm not sweating it too much because I think Atleti are going to drop points between now and their trip to Camp Nou, probably even during these next two weeks when Barca has 2 tough matches.

As for LPB, if they won every remaining league match, which there are no signs of them doing, they would finish with 87 points, which is still not a lot. That's how bad they've been. So not worried about their 'easier' schedule.

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    They play wonderfully flowing football which is a joy to watch tbh

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Atletico may drop points @ Real Sociedad

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, send us a report of their game then. Because it sounds like you're going to watch them instead of Barca today. :ROFLMAO:

BocaFan repped this.
  16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    When did the forum become such a negative place...

We lose, end of everything.
    We win, it's no good because we're **** anyway.
    **** coach **** players **** style

month after month

I'll check back in next season. Here's hoping we finish the spring strong!

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Some guy invented a way of recording stuff !!!

So I can watch Barca and Liverpool before bedtime ...

18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Otherwise known as opticians ;)