J. League Media Thread - part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Shizuoka, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    VLC and other five DVD players I tried won't work. perhaps a new SHARP DVD player (same brand as my HDD) would work, but not sure...

Well, basically the HDD/DVD recorder formats the DVD its own way, and the only ways to transform it into a normal DVD are:

1) Converting it with your computer, a really time consuming process that in any case involves burning two DVDs (the encoded one, and the one after the encoded files have been moved into your computer and converted)

2) Simply let the HDD recording run, and with the three analog (white/yellow/red) cables make a copy on yet another, external DVD recorder. There is no protection working if one goes through the analog cables, and the quality is still very good (well, it is DVD, anyway, so no HD).

Both are a royal pain in the arse.

I called twice SkyPerfecTV, asking for information, and how could they do this HALF WAY THROUGH TEH SEASON hoping people won't bitch about it.

They said they will call back, and so, I am waiting...

2. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    dude... I posted the exact same clip with the exact same comments, few posts ago.

3. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So for anyone with SkyPerfect, FujiTV ONE is showing the 2004 Nabisco Cup Final between FCT and Urawa tonight starting at 6 (till about 8:30).

I would, quite literally, kill for a copy of this. Protected DVD, unlocked DVD, doesn't matter. Will pay for shipping and blanks, gratuity, a hooker (just kidding), whatever. Anyone? :eek:

4. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    doh... shows how much I've been paying attention lately :(

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Is it channel 363?

6. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No clue, I think on SkaPa it's either 739 (SD) or 614 (HD)? 363 is TBS according to Wikipedia... and no clue what it would be on other providers (if other providers even have it).

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'll check when I get home, but if it is not in my "package" I am afraid there's nothing I can do...
    Of course I would like to watch it/own it too.

8. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Apparently it costs 1500/month extra for the Fuji channels (ONE, TWO, and NEXT), so something tells me you aren't shelling out cash for them :(

9. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    20 minutes to go... Goru, any luck? Hopefully even if you can't record it somebody does and uploads it somewhere, it'd be a terrible waste for a fresh digital recording to pop up and nobody to have it.

10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Dok, I just got home. I called my dutiful wife on the way, but unfortunately we don't have access to Fuji TV... In my case Bellmare-Sagan will have to do for tonight... ***SIGH***

In the meantime, still waiting to hear from SkyPerfecTV to call me back about them encripting games, they told me they will call me back on Monday... :mad:

11. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Aww. Well, hopefully someone who uploads one of the games you always post will come through. Worst-case I'll load Winny on my Windows laptop and go exploring...

12. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Better video of Pixy's goal, shows him kicking the ball as well as the distance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQPW2jC_URY"]YouTube - head coach Dragan Stojkovic got a fine goal and was sent off[/ame]

Helluva shot!

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Sugoi ! Thanks for this version. On the live, I thought the ball was on the ground, with this, I realize that the goal is truly amazing.
    JLeague 2009 Goal of the Year ....

14. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That really was amazing! Didn't realise it was such a huge volley.

I've always liked Pixy. It may be verging on an infatuation, after that.

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I found online a private selling 16 VHS volume with al the digests of the whole 1993 season. The price asked is 8,800 yen plus shipping (probably a total of around 10,000).

If somebody is willing to share the (economic) pain, I'd be willing to slowly but regularly (say one per week) digitalize them in good quality and share them online.

If interested, please check in quickly, because the auction goes in two days.

17. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I won't go 50-50 but I'd chip in 1000.

18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    All we need is 4-5 people chipping in 1000-2000 yen each...
    I'd buy them, but I just drove my wife crazy with the J.League Yearbooks... :eek:

19. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Goru mentioned this in the J1 thread.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfAyiISu7tA"]YouTube - ????? 091024_1[/ame]

Kyoto supporters leading a chant for demoted Oita Trinita. In stark contrast to Goru's editorial on goal.com about a loss of civility in J.League, I think this proves that there's still honor in the stadium... just maybe more of it in the stands than on the field.

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My commentary was about the players, J.League fans are wonderful, with a VERY FEW exceptions. This was a great moment of sportsmanship after an after all harshly played game. And I am quite sure Trinita fans would have done the same for us...

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ok, hear this...

Today SkyPerfecTV finally called back, and I was out playing with the boys, so my wife got on the phone. They apologized for "sending the wrong waves," (not only to me, but to the whole of Japan...) and told that even thou they can't replay the game we've "lost," they will fix the problem and return the J.League games as non-encrypted as they were supposed to be...

Can you believe it?

I am wondering if it was only me, or many have called to complain, if they tried a dirty trick, and got discovered, or what, but... un-kuso-believable, ne...:mad:

Anyway, my wife demanded a free month of service, and they will call back about that.

Phew... :rolleyes:

22. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Highlights Nagoya - Jubilo ... watch the penalty for Nagoya!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNxqFAdssrY"]YouTube - J1?30? ???????? vs ?????? ?????[/ame]

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What a hattrick by Maeda. Are Jubilo relegated?

24. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Best Japanese divers:

1) Yano
    2) Okubo
    3) Toyoda
    4) Matsushita (Albirex)
    5) ...

Please feel free to chip in.

Tamada must be cut off from the national team after this, such acrobatics might easily leave Japan with 10 men at the World Cup, and it would be deserved.

Shame on the ref for giving up to the pressure of letting Nagoya achieve a wonderful 3-3 comeback: Tamada is rather famous for these stunts, so he should have known better...

Check out this one from last season, and make sure you have a digestive you can reach quickly...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvaAN9ZMlmM"]YouTube - Nagoya Grampus Synchronized Diving[/ame]

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't mind the Jubilo thing, don't know what I was thinking about hehe :D