IU Hoosiers 2019

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by BigRedFootie, Feb 3, 2019.

1. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    UMD 3 - IU 0. Gawd, did we look bad. Our offense was completely ineffective and most of our midfielders looked indifferent in the challenge, especially in the air. Not a single shot on goal. I did appreciate Palazollo's effort, but he didn't have much help.

Perhaps more disturbing is that Md completely exposed our defensive shortcomings - and there seem to be many. Md's forwards and midfielders ran circles around our defenders. With the exception of Morris, our midfielders didn't seem interested in playing much defense either.

Sadly, the best case explanation for this performance is that, like many other young teams, ours just doesn't play particularly well on the road (We are 2-2 on the road.). And we'll be on the road a lot in the postseason. We'll (hopefully) be back at Md for the B1G tourney and, owing to our weak schedule, probably will be playing a few NCAA tourney games away.

OverseasView repped this.
  2. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Easy win against outmatched Evansville. There were some shakeups in the lineup and we certainly played with more urgency. I think some fire was shot up some collective butts.

So we win, 5-1, and go down one slot in the RPI... Wash, rinse, repeat for the rest of the regular season.

3. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    IU's game at MSU on Sunday at 3pm has been moved to BTN from BTN+.

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    :unsure: Stphnsn - why would you care if more people (those without BTN+ but with BTN) can see IU play? I assume that the match on BTN is also shown on BTN+. Is this wrong?

Also, BTN reserved the "decision day" match as open to get the best match up. Lastly, Michigan @ MD is on ESPNU.

6. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Let's go Soccer Sparty! :)

7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    I misread it and thought they moved it from BTN to BTN+ (as has happened several times over previous seasons).

BigRedFootie and JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    that makes sense! good luck.

BigRedFootie repped this.
  9. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    As Coach said, it was a "gritty" game. No beautiful game y'day. However, we ground it out, 1-0, on a PK earned by Bezerra and slotted home by Maher.

We play the winner of OSU-Rutgers (played at Armstrong on Sat) sometime on Sunday.

TimB4Last repped this.
  10. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Congrats to the Hoosiers on the B1G Regular Season Championship. Well earned and well deserved!

11. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Beautiful day for postseason soccer. Unfortunately, I won't be making the trip down. Hopefully, I'll be able to be there in 2 weeks.

12. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    It was a very nice day. On to College Park.

13. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    #63 BigRedFootie, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Stphnsn, you're going to love this. First, IU/MD game is moved to 7pm (for more host $$).

Second, "* - streamed live on FOX Sports app; televised on delayed basis on BTN at midnight ET"

From the BTN+ site: MI plays Elon in B-ball @ 7pm. Soccer semi is also listed as on BTN @ 7pm. Which one do you think they'll show?

OverseasView repped this.
  14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    *wanking emoji*

OverseasView and JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  15. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    It was worth the drive down yesterday. The yellow team were the worst team on the field, but Kentucky weren't too far behind them. A beautiful day and a beautiful result. I'm not even going to try to get clearance for next weekend's game, but maybe the following week if results work out in our favor.

16. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Agreed on the yellow - they were horrible. Luckily, it didn't affect the outcome. Bezerra w/ the hat trick, including two from the 18 and a cheeky heel to get it past the UK GK.

All in all, a really nice day.

17. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I didn't see IU 2020 thread, Callum Stretch (Denver) is transferring to IU. Congrats. He's a solid player, big defender with pretty good ball skills. Not a 1 for 1 replacement for Maher, but how many of those guys come along?

Congrats.

stphnsn repped this.
  18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Interesting. Big kid, good pedigree. Played well for a good program in a smaller conference.

https://denverpioneers.com/sports/mens-soccer/roster/callum-stretch/2774

19. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    stphnsn repped this.
  20. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Don't like it. It doesn't let fans get close enough to the field and actually decreases the number of seats. IU has GOT to build a stadium dedicated to soccer and stop making soccer play second fiddle to the Little 500 bike race!

Chicago76 and BtownKj repped this.
  21. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    I can't imagine this happening any time soon with this update. I wonder whether the temp bleachers will still sit on the track on the north sideline.

22. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    I would hope so.

23. Branko Segota

Branko Segota Member

Feb 24, 2003
    RIP to one of, if not the greatest college goal scorers of all-time, Ken Snow who passed away yesterday. A true goal scoring threat every time he took the field. Initial reports are that is that it was Covid-19 related.

24. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    whete are you getting this from? Haven’t seen or heard this anywhere and folks I know in B-town haven’t either. Not saying you’re wrong. Just genuinely curious about the source.

edit: never mind. News just hit 6 minutes ago.

JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  25. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Here's an article if others are interested.