IU Hoosiers 2019

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by BigRedFootie, Feb 3, 2019.

1. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Athens of Midwest
    Well, time to start the Q49 anew...

We have 11+ new recruits/transfer. It'll be an interesting season.

Here's a podcast of Mike Glascott's interview of Coach Kevin Robson:
    http://www.wgclradio.com/2019/02/glass-in-the-morning-02-01-19/

Still no word about the spring schedule other than that the Mexico game will probably be away.

BRF

TimB4Last and stphnsn repped this.
  2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TimB4Last repped this.
  3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Athens of Midwest
    IU's first open spring game was against DePaul. We won 1-0 on a goalazo by Ian Black. He has scored 5 goals total this spring. Caulfield in net for the first half and Gruber for the second combined for the clean sheet. The alignment for IU could only be described as "fluid." Guys were moving all over the place. From what I could figure out, Maher and Kleyn played mostly at center back. Sometimes Glass played left back, sometimes left mid. Palazzolo played D mid and Yeagley got lots of time in the middle of the field. Weaver, who transferred from E'ville, also got a lot of time on the field.

The lads go off to Mexico for two games during spring break and return to play their only home game against Lipscomb on April 7.

5. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
  6. cmc2bpc

cmc2bpc New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 7, 2019
    Bill Armstrong Stadium to receive new north grandstand

A request to replace the north grandstands at Bill Armstrong Stadium was unanimously approved by the trustees.

The existing grandstand facility, which opened in 1983, will be demolished and replaced by a two-story structure for the IU Men’s and Women’s soccer teams and Little 500 bicycle race. The facility will have locker rooms, a lobby, a team room, a warm up room, coaches offices, bicycle support space, conference rooms and public restrooms.

Construction on the $7 million project will begin this summer and be completed by June 2020. The project will be funded through private gifts

***new field being put in now as well. Will be ready for pre-season.***

JoeSoccerFan, stphnsn and TimB4Last repped this.
  7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first time I heard about this, it sounded like the stands on that side weren't being replaced. Is that the case?

I've said this before, but I feel like the stadium lost some of the good atmosphere when the band and student section moved to the north stand.

8. cmc2bpc

cmc2bpc New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 7, 2019
    The smaller stands across from the stands that hold the press box are being torn down for the new facility and I think there will be rebuild stands The soccer team will be mostly self sufficient with the new building....I believe there will be new stands on that side as well but I can't remember the rendering I saw when I was there.... Field will be complete for fall season.... then construction starts after fall season for the new building with it being ready for fall 2020.

stphnsn and TimB4Last repped this.
  9. ASR10

ASR10 Member

Roma
    Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    Barksdale, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    stphnsn repped this.