It's time to stop the madness of the inside-out shorts

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Jarndyce, Oct 31, 2009.

1. midwest midfielder

midwest midfielder New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Looks like Oregon State does! Sorry, couldn't resisit! :ROFLMAO:

2. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Just came across the UNLV intramural soccer rules:

"Players must wear basketball/athletic type shorts/pants. These shorts/pants must not have pockets, pouches, loops, belts, zips, zippers, clips, buckles, buttons, or snaps. Torn shorts/pants may not be worn during play, and shorts may not be worn inside out. Denim material will not be allowed."

http://unlvimsports.wordpress.com/rules/soccer-rules/

Not clear what the intramural sanctions are for a uniform violation....

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No one wears the shorts inside out, they just flip the top part to make the shorts smaller or ride up higher on their leg. Boys usually don't mind wearing low, baggy shorts in today's soccer world. Girls like their shorts shorter so to speak, it seems.

Yesterday I went out to a local field here in Seattle to kick the ball around and there was an intrasquad game between a boys team and a girls team that looked like from the same Club. They looked around 14 or 15 years old. Most of the boys had baggy low shorts to their knees. At least half of the girls had flipped the top part of their shorts to make them shorter. You can tell because you can see the white tag ouside the back of the shorts.

Why that is, I don't know.

4. New Engalnd Nellie

Mar 6, 2008
    Not inside out shorts but I am wondering if anyone else has noticed another uniform trend.

I watched two televised games recently and noticed that the Underarmour away unis for two teams (ie. the colored ones) feature shorter and tighter shorts and slimmer almost like compression tops. Am I imagining this or is this a trend others have noticed?

P.S. For those of you opposed to the shorts rolling - it appears to be nonexistent in this new short style.

5. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I really don't care if the women want to wear short-shorts, just as long as they perform. Really, the only people who complain are women with big butts! Actually, I'm all for wearing compression pants or volleyball shorts in soccer. You don't see anyone complaining about those shorts unless you have a big moneymaker!:geek:
    http://thechive.com/2012/05/23/hump-day-volleyball-booty-edition-33-photos/
    #26 uniform would work on my team!:)

6. norcalsoccerfan

norcalsoccerfan New Member

Oct 9, 2011
    This is my favorite thread.
    It's all about the low rise jeans, etc these girls grew up with along with the inability for NIke, Adidas et al to provide uniforms with more than one cut. This generation of college girls were almost tweens when everyone was wearing low rise pants and showing off their midriff and thong underwear. They like the feeling of the pants hitting them on their hips instead of their waists (unlike the over 40 crowd who had pleated khakis and jeans with normal (now high) waists. I don't know why the companies can make such successful and cute workout clothes for everyone but the soccer players. I suppose we should be thankful the girls don't have to wear the mens' shorts with the gross lining!

7. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember some major men's tourney. some world cup, even? I believe it was Cameroon that seemed to have a unikit, so to speak. Have women ever had this?

And right on, Jarndyce, if you're still with us. This is quite the thread. Can't wait to show my daughter 20 years down the road.

8. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Winding the clockworks?

10. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do they do this, again?

11. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

You first....

Why did Maradona wear shorts by Speedo?

[​IMG]

12. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    So guy named Sepp said he would promote the sport more if he did.

Cliveworshipper and Morris20 repped this.
  13. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, why do they do that?

14. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I thought I'd bump this thread.

- shorts are about as short as Tymrak
    - rolled up waistband (are the shorts inside-out?)
    - underwear sticking out above the waistband

[​IMG]

sitruc repped this.
  15. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    NO. It's just a rolled-over wasitband. This thread is insane. :p Female soccer players have been doing this as far back as I can remember, because they LIKE IT THAT WAY.

16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #116 Cliveworshipper, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    At least the skivvies conform with the NCAA rule that states that underclothing be of the same colors as the kit, and that no logos other than a single 2 3/4 sq.in. Brand identifier be present.

I even like the Creative use of W's all over the knickers, in keeping with the rule that the only exception to the branding rule is that only school identifiers be present.

But why are some of the W's upside down?

17. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Clive, you are entirely too familiar with this rule book! ;)

18. justahick

justahick Member

May 30, 2013
    Nope, just a top band rolled down.

19. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    And a lot of players aren't tying their strings anymore and just leaving them hang loose.
    This can lead to a case of "Large-Fit" shorts.

[​IMG]

kolabear and sitruc repped this.
  20. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are ... little rocket ships?

21. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Hearts

sitruc repped this.
  22. UNC4EVER

UNC4EVER Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Wow, WWC_Movement, just in case I was wondering whether Bigsoccer was a prudent use of time, something like this! ... so I guess I can continue to wonder?....

I find this thread entertaining. I hate long sports shorts. Knee length swim shorts, board shorts, soccer shorts are the pits. The extra fabric doesn't DO anything, and especially in water sports I don't like the clingy, useless fabric on my thighs. I much prefer mid-thigh apparel, and it isn't because I'm vain about my legs-- it is just more unfettered. If you don't need the space to hold your junk, why not roll them up and get them out of the way? Seems like common sense to me. Has someone else made this point?

And thanks to all who keep this thread alive! Who would have thought?

23. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    But apparently it's still not as bad as it is in rugby.

[​IMG]

24. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea