"Its The Tonight Show with Hey Leno."

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by And_ROOS, Jun 20, 2018.

1. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    #heyLeno

Deal is done, so done that it is on Arsenal.com kind of done. That is how done it is.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/bernd-leno-join-arsenal

Welcome to the Arsenal for our new keeper!

Here is some action photography, of him, erm, putting on a pair of gloves!
    [​IMG]

No shirt number yet, but with Cech having taken the number 1 shirt, I feel like the reasonable course of action would be to sell Cech and give Leno #1.

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hope he’s decent

3. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will get a 20 or 30 something number and then switch to #1 next season after Cech's contract expires. Just like Ozil likely switches to 10 now that Jack is gone.

4. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    [​IMG]

Good stat :D

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope.

For most of us who haven't followed this guy, we can only have hope.

If he's good he'll be our clear #2 whilst auditioning to takeover from Cech... next year?

6. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Maybe we caught him to sub on whenever there’s a penalty. God know Cech will never save one.

7. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two great Wolfsburg keepers among that mix in former #1 netminder, the venerable Diego Benaglio, and current Wolfsburg #1, Koen Casteels, so Leno is even above those 2, sounds like a clutch pickup, I guess this also spells the end for a young keeper whom I spoke some praise of in the one match he did play in (EFL Cup 4th Round against Norwich City), an up-and-comer and a big and tall unit like Matt Macey, I spoke highly of him in which he got a 2-1 victory in his only match appearance

8. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I would think it actually spells the end of Ospina rather than Macey.

9. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    especially after getting that serious knock in his last match for Colombia this past Sunday, will we here at Arsenal be losing him for the opening games due to concussion protocol?

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all the deep negativity that's revolving around Arsenal these days, I just wanted to highlight one aspect of positivity: our goalkeepers.

Especially Leno, who's played the lion share of minutes this season and has been really good, really reliable. I really had doubts about after he came, but now he's one of the few true bright spots in our squad personnel. And perhaps GK is the only area of the pitch that we can say is operating at the level we need it to.

Secondarily Martinez has been very solid for us in the cups.

With the two of them (not really sure about Macey yet) I feel really quite confident in our keeping. And no longer have much thought about upgrading at this position.

Well done!

11. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Leno is a bright spot a very good shot stopper, problem for him is that the defense is beyond shambolic. He has a look of utter disgust on his face when they blow simple assignments is telling.