It's Still Broke... Jan 2020 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by chjoak, Sep 16, 2019.

1. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Strength? Vision?

2. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's too early to tell. Plus, I don't get how everyone (or at least most folks) agrees that Emery's system is...confusing at best and the players don't seem to know what they're supposed to do, but then nevertheless pass definitive judgment on the very players he's confusing. All that being said, Ceballos has been up and down. We had much more possession when he came on against Sheffield but weren't any more dangerous. And sure, part of the increased possession was due to game state and not just his introduction. I think he should be played deeper -- more of a ball carrier -- and definitely not as a 10 or any sort of 10 hybrid.

3. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think it's more that Ceballos seems like a passenger all the time. Really skilled, but . . .

I guess the best way to put this is that Guendouzi hates losing, and does everything he can to be involved in the action. Ceballos doesn't do that.

4. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ... Enough for a top team.

I do wonder how he would look sitting deeper, but Wumery doesn’t like forward passing from central midfield. Saying that though, nothing about Ceballos stands out for me as someone we should go all out to keep.

5. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seen a few rumors that we had a 26m GBP bid for Ceballos rejected.

6. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Perhaps have him on in lieu of Xhaka?

7. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    We need someone who can defend better than Xhaka. I don’t think Ceballos is that guy.

8. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Torreira in for Xhaka and have Ceballos or Willock as the shuttler.

cantona94, Super Llama and thebigman repped this.
  9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it’s so obvious to everyone but emery

Shen-O repped this.
  10. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ceballos has the same problem as Xhaka, which is that he can't turn.

11. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ozil saga continues... Several weeks ago he was rumored to be headed to Fenerbahce on loan in Jan. Then Ozil came out and said he has no intention of leaving Arsenal before his contract is up. Now I'm seeing claims that he has said that he would be interested in an MLS move if/when he is forced out of Arsenal.

12. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    I've been saying this for a while, if you look at his career, he's not a 10. The two, excuse me, assists he recorded in the first game are as many as he has recorded in any single league season. In 128 league and cup games he has 9 assists, including the two he scored for Arsenal. He is probably best as an 8, though he is not anywhere near as dynamic as Ramsey or even Willock.

13. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prince you tracking Victor Osimhen at Lille? Dude is phenomenal but a little raw. No wonder Lille was ok selling Pepe.

14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He’s going to be out of our price range if we don’t make CL. He’s the next great West African goal scorer

Romfordray repped this.
  15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’m still waiting for the new Patrick Mboma

Romfordray repped this.
  16. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the Xhaka drama, there are now rumors that Milan are interested in a Jan transfer.

17. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing for Milan is a bigger punishment than being sent to the reserves for the remainder of the season. Brutal.

18. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Various rumors that have been popping up regarding Arsenal players...

PEA - Hasn't signed the extension we offered. Rumored to be waiting to see if we secure CL. Real & Barca rumored to be after him.
    Laca - Also hasn't signed offered extension. May be some desire to leave but may not have good enough performances at Arsenal to get him the bigger/better offers. Could leverage his relationship with Antoine Greizmann to leave for Barca as competition/replacement for Suarez.
    Xhaka - He's gone. Gazidas rumored to want him in Milan and that Xhaka is already house shopping. The latest rumored deal is Xhaka for Kessie plus cash.
    Torreira - Was said to be unsettled this past summer. No doubt that lack of playing time has made that worse. With Xhaka leaving you would think his playing time increases. With Gazidas already firing his former manager, Milan looks liek less of an option. Lucas likely sticks around until the summer. If things don't improve he likely looks to leave.
    Duezy - Joined Arsenal because of Emery and is said to have formed a strong friendship with PEA & Auba. If those 3 are out he may want out too. Only silver lining is that he has raised his value considerably and should fetch a big fee.
    Leno - Bayern is rumored to have pegged him as their top choice successor to Neuer. If true they will make their run at him this summer.

19. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is what I'm talking about with tail risks. You basically lose the entire core of the team if you keep Emery.

That being said, I'd definitely hear what Real/Barca will pay for Auba, and I'd take Kessie plus cash for Xhaka in a heartbeat

20. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only financial terms I have heard RE: PEA was Arsenal wanting 80m and Real wanting to do James + cash. Few guys at RM that I would be open to a player swap. James is not one of them.

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Id sell all for the right fee

auba 70
    Laca 45
    Xhaka 20
    Douz 50
    Leno 50

auba is 31 laca has been poor xhaka is awful douz overrated but might be ok in a functional side and Leno is questionable for me

I don’t know what real player I would want either

22. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Only ones I disagree with are Douzi and Leno, I think both are more valuable than that. Laca probably too but idk

23. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Douzi for 50 million? That seems quite low.

24. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #49 chjoak, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Last summer there were rumors of PSG bringing an offer of 75m for Douzy. TransferMarkt has his value just shy of 50m euro but they are typically a little low in their market value figures for younger players.

Others on TransferMarkt (June 2019 valuation in euros)...

Leno - 31m
    Xhaka - 41m
    PEA - 72.5m
    Laca - 72.5m
    Mustafi - 18.5m
    Torreira - 57m
    Ozil - 26m

25. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm sorry do we have a conveyer belt of CM players coming though right now? Why are we talking about selling Douzy?