It's Silly Season. Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Aguer-No, Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Northern Juventino, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    how about this team? Its still possible :

..............Rossi.... Quags
    Vucinic...........................Krasic
    ................Pirlo.....Vidal
    Chellini......Bonucci.Lugano.....Lich
    ....................BUffon

This is a solid team... I put Bonucci and Lugano at the CBs and moved Chellini to the LB. Didn't Prandelli use him there a few times?

2. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    SKY is reporting that we got Lugano.... Now.... we may send Bonucci to Fiorentina for Vargas, Fiore want Bonucci + $$$ So lets see how that turns out....

3. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we send Bonucci to Fiorentina for Vargas, we shouldn't have to add that much extra cash. We just paid 15M for him last summer.

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

how old is lugano? is it really safe to let go of bonnuci? we'd be back in the same place in couple of years searching for another CB

we have all this other deadweight we can send + cash to fiorentina for vargas

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I definitely agree - I think we should hold onto Bonucci but, then again, deadweight isn't particularly attractive to teams, especially decent ones like Fiorentina. I really think we should try to offload Martinez to them though. If Vargas goes, they'll need someone for the LW. Take the 7M we got from PSG for Sissoko and package it with Martinez. Sounds about right for Vargas.

6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i'd be happy with that....although we could add iaquinta in there + 3 mil and call it done

:D

7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lugano is a class pick up. If it happens is a excellent move. I doubt it means the end of Bonucci, we need dept in the back.

I think Momo, Amauri and maybe Iaquinta will finance some new purchases.

8. cattivo20

cattivo20 Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Looks good, but I still do not believe that Marchisio will be coming off the bench. I do not think Conte and Management want him to be a sub as they view him as a starter, so the the issue is where will he be placed and after the game against Club America where he was the last starter to be subbed as Conte liked how he was playing gives me the impression he will be used in central Midfield. Let's see how Conte uses him tonight

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vucinic and Krasic don't defend. That's not going to work.

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is terrible news. This is the first time I've had a bad feeling about our summer signings. So far, they've been pretty good. Now, this just makes me feel pessimistic about next season.

12. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    if you can get lugano for 3, good move. if it replaces bonucci as starter, loan him to fiorentina as part of vargas. but do not sell. he still has bright future and is young. if we can't get rossi fine, but vucinic for the rumored price is too much. look for a cheap january signing if need be.

i dont know what to think of the midfield situation, vidal marchisio and pirlo all have a claim to a startting role. marchisio for his effort, juve-ness, talent and conte's praise, pirlo doesn't need explainin but 3m a year is too much for the bench, and vidal was a 10 mil transfer with 3.5 a year in wages. who sits out of them? i just dont know.

i just hope we resolve the left soon. 20m for vargas is also too much. move for perotti if fiorentina wont budge that price

but im not discouraged with marotta if we dont get rossi. we had the price we thought appropriate, they wouldnt lower to it, so we move on. get him in january when villareal is out of CL and struggling for an EL spot

13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    why? we dont need Rossi, its better that we concentrate on CB and LM

14. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lugano is 30. I think may be signed to kick bonnuci in the butt a bit. Show him its basically one more chance to be a Juve starter IMO

7mil for Sissoko is a nice sell IMHO.

Rossi is pretty much done I think. I read enough quotes with Beppe saying he doesn't think Villa want to sell him. If he can get Lugano at 3.5 is nice.

What Beppe needs though is a knock ur socks off signing. Just one and he could stay for a couple more years :)

15. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Question. Just say Beppe pulls off a buy of the Following:

Bastos, Lugano, Vucinic.

What would your rate Beppe's Summer Mercato?

16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-2-4 is NOT gonna work, i can already see it in these friendlies with weaker teams......we need 4-3-3 with marchisio-pirlo-vidal midfield

we will have problems connecting defense to offense with 4-2-4 too much gap in the middle

17. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i need to see if quagliarella + matri will work. if these friendlies are any sign, we DO need forward help. granted the service hasnt been great (especially today) but still just nothing up there

as for marottas grade, if he brings us a quality LM i give him a B+ regardless of the other signings, if not then i can't go higher than C :)

18. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Why do I feel like the only person who is positive on what they're trying to do? The last 10 posts have been about banging around Conte and Marotta. I told you guys when Conte was first hired that his formation takes time to work and evolve, and it needs patience. Also, you can't base a damn thing off of friendlies. Friendlies are an opportunity for the players to get their legs under them, and a chance to work on things. Results don't mean shit. What matters is whether to players can improve and work together. That's all they are. I'll freak out when we've lost our first 4 league matches in a row. Give it time before we start cutting the coach off at the knees.

As for Marotta, there's still 30 full days until our first league match, and there's 33 days left in the window. We have a TON of time. There's no need to rush anything, and no need to start being accusatory that he doesn't know what he's doing. So far, look at what he's done in both player pickups and offloading players we don't need, don't fit, or are problems in the locker room. (i.e. Melo)

I'm kinda torn on the Lugano pickup because he'll be 31 in November, but he only costs 3.5m, and he's an upgrade over Bonucci. However, I still think Bonucci has a future here. I think he'll be a 3rd choice CB if we get Lugano, and Lugano may be his teacher. You never know. Try to remember that Bonucci's still only 24. He can grow still.

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't get me wrong: LM is priority #1.

But our striking department isn't the best either. Besides Matri and Quags, we have no one who can consistently help out our squad. ADP, of course, will lend a helping hand but he can't be counted on game after game if one of those two go down. We need someone with speed and who can create further up the field. Our attack has looked awful in our three preseason games, each one of them (only 3 goals in 3 games mind you) came because of a defensive error. That's terrible.

20. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vucinic and Lugano all over the place. Most sources say official by Monday.

21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Ummm, guys... The print is pretty small but I'm pretty sure that Ronaldo has eaten Vucinic and Lugano...

22. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Vucinic e Lugano mangiato da Ronaldo!
    Storia alle p 3-47

23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Thank you for your sanity. Never make predictions based upon friendlies and international performances. The constant whinging in here is getting to be utterly intolerable.

I don't know why people are worried about Lugano's age. Cannavaro arrived at Juve when he was 31. That's not to compare the players, but early-30's is often the prime of a CB's career. Individually, he's not the world's greatest defender but his strongest attribute are his organizational skills which we have completely lacked in the backline for the longest time now. So I think he would be a great addition, especially if there's a possibility that he could be picked up on a free, depending upon the outcome of the Turkish match-fixing scandal. But even for 3.5m, it would be a good move.

24. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So, shall we assume Vucinic will be playing LW or SS?

If LW, this is what we're looking at as far as a 30-man squad and Starting XI:

QUAGLIARELLA - MATRI
    (Del Piero) - (Toni)
    (Immobile) - (Immobile)

VUCINIC ----------------------------------- KRASIC
    (Martinez) ----------------------------------- (Pepe)
    (Pasquato) --------------------------------- (De Silvestro)

VIDAL - PIRLO
    (Marchisio) - (Marchisio)
    (Pazienza) - (Pazienza)
    (Marrone) - (Giandonato)

DE CEGLIE - CHIELLINI - LUGANO - LICHTSTEINER
    (Ziegler) - (Bonucci) - (Barzagli) - (Motta)
    (Chiellini) - (Sorensen) - (Sorensen) - (Grygera)

BUFFON
    (Storari)
    (Manninger)​

A pretty strong Starting XI, probably one of the strongest we fielded in years, but still will be tough to get that 3rd spot.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with the beginning of your post, but this part here has me scratching my head. As I've repeatedly said, why are people so hung up on a players age? 31 is not ancient. He's got plenty of gas left in the tank. If he were 36 then I'd say ok it could be worrisome, but so what that he's 31. People get so hung up on ages here, look what happened last year when we lowered the average age, worked out real well.