It's Silly Season. Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Aguer-No, Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Northern Juventino, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: Who's Coming, Who's Going....(Aguero, Speculation, Rumours, Etc)(Part 15)

Hazard is gonna be one of the best players in the world, mark my words. i have a ********ing obsession with getting that guy, i have no doubt in my mind the kid will be a legend by the time he retires

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Sure, because these players are rolling off the tongues of every soccer highlights that are shown on TV. These players are responsible for bring so much silverware to their teams. These players are on every adidas, Nike and other manufacturer ads that are published throughout the media. The only reason these players are making the headlines is because they just went through a high transfer fee. Otherwise, they are just players who do not stand out above anyone else. As I said, it is a crazy transfer market. That does not elevate a player to someone of world class.

3. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

Seriously? They are 2 of the best MFs/wingers in La Liga and the national team. There are other leagues outside Italy worth following especially quality teams like Valencia and Villarreal. I'm not sure Cazorla is worth 20 mill, but if Malaga is involved, money is no object.

4. PedroFlu

PedroFlu New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro

For the left back, Marotta lost on both Taiwo and Emanuelson, who are in AC Milan... they went for free... they are doing such a better job. They got Ibra, Robinho and Cassano all in a cheap...

I feel so mad when I think about this things. Bad management can destroy a club...

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

They are two good players. Nice to have on our team. But to be crying, to criticize Marotta for not spending 20 million on these two as if that will decide the season is ridiculous.

6. PedroFlu

PedroFlu New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro

For the left back just a few options... Criscito, Cissokho... Roma got that Angel kid, who should be promising...

Bastos can play perfectly well there, and he can mark. He started his career in Brazil on that position, played there for a long time and also last WC.

He can be a reasonably good winger, and an above average left back, IMO.

What I would do would be get him for 12/15M, to play in LB... and then get one of the guys I said above. Hazard + Bastos would be perfect... but it's not happening, of course.

7. PedroFlu

PedroFlu New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro

But u don't know them, how can u know if they are good players?

Mata is definitely worth the money, half Europe would love to count on him. If your knowledge of football is so limited, can't help ya.

Cazorla is worth around 15M, his price is a little steep indeed.. but he is very good and would bring a lot to Juve. One target missed.

Ridiculous is what the management is doing... Rossi is not worth more than this two. And these guys weren't even considered. If they were, they would be already signed.

8. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I agree with the overall sentiment of the last few posters though: our left side, including the LB and left midfield personnel, are incredibly weak. Lichtsteiner looks like our best signing so far as he shores up the right side of defense. I do not have much faith in De Ceglie and Ziegler but I don't see us touching that spot. What we do need is a very fast, strong and creative left sided midfielder. As much as Krasic is fast and strong, he isn't terribly creative and I feel as if he is almost "figured out."

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Pedro - When I write "Who is ..." it is basically my phrase for saying that the player mentioned is not such a big star that we desperately need to sign. I did the same for Aguero and others. Don't question my knowledge of football. I have probably forgotten more than what many know.

We just had the Copa America played. Who stood out in that tournament? Who stood out in the WC last year? Yet, I bet people here can come up with a dozen or so names of players that stood out in 1982. And that could be done by excluding the champion Azzurri, which I am certain for many on this forum have a special attachment. The truth is that today's player are rather bland. Only a limited few stand out. Aguero, Pastore, Mata and Cazorla are not on that limited list right now.

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The thing is that we don't have the money to sign the top top players. So what do we do?

I think Hamsik is the best option above all the names, but he's not for sale.

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

The thing is that the left wing position is so important because of Conte's system. He is setting himself for failure if he sticks with his damn system. A 4-3-3 is probably our best set up with Marchisio and Vidal lining up with Pirlo. It is putting together our strongest midfield. Krasic can play up front with duties to help back. He can also switch flanks during the match. I just hope that it does not take too long for Conte to realize this.

12. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I agree that the 4-3-3 would be best.

What possible signing or player on the roster will bring this team to the CL final and/or win the Golden Ball? That's the player I want.

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

So the question is who are those players? There are plenty of players who are above average but that is not saying much. My preference is to find players that will make this a good team where if we get that CL spot next season, then maybe we can go for that special player, if he exists.

14. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Well then Vargas would be an ideal player for that mold. But waiting for a possible future special player is partly the reason for our demise and definitely a reason for our mediocrity.

Its a difficult question, I concede. But the most important feature of this type of player is psychological. There's tons of talent, but not many that have the head required to elevated themselves to the football elite. Once they have, they're financially out of range for our club.

That being said, the psychological requirement added to the obvious talent that's required to have a shot at being part of football's elite has its cost. Hence, the price for a player who could reach the highest of forms would be worth at least double that when hes reached it. The actual figures are truly irrelevant, signing the right player is priceless.

So the thinking should be centered around which player has the obvious talent and psychological presence to achieve full potential. How much he costs and what position he plays are secondary.

Meaning if we think that a certain player is capable or being the next Golden Ball winner and lead our team to silverware then we should spend whatever cost we can afford to sign him if he's available now.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Someone mentioned Criscito, he already transferred to Zenit.

Also, Sissoko to PSG for €7.5 million, the two teams have already agreed to the fee. All that remains is Sissoko to agree to personal terms.

16. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Good news.

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I'm not, in the slightest bit, upset if we don't get Rossi anymore. His best season was his last. Besides that, he's been just above average, not even averaging a .5 goals/game ratio. They are holding out for an offer above 30M? Pass!

18. PedroFlu

PedroFlu New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro

I agree, the best system clearly is 433. Marchisio cant carry alone all the burden of playing alongside with Pirlo, Krasic, ADP... Vidal has come to be in the starting lineup. Giandonato, Marrone, Pazienza are backups... I guess we're covered in midfield.

The most urgent now is left back and left wing... but I dont think they'll get another left back... let's pray Ziegler can handle it.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

On DeCeglie, I will give the kid some slack. He is coming back from a major knee injury. I have done it twice with both ACL's and meniscus surgery too. You do not come back to the form you were before you got hurt once you step back on the pitch. So I am not ready to give up on DeCeglie.

The thing that impressed me about Lichtsteiner was that he made runs up the flank but knew of his responsibility and looked to get back to defend after making his run. He knew to cover his position. Let's hope that rubs off on all of the fullbacks, left and right.

I was not too impressed with the game overall last night including Club America. It is preseason. There were positives. Let's hope that have their act together before they play Udinese at the start of the season.

PS - Who edited the thread title?

20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

what kind of logic is that? so now ur predicting the future? the kid is 24 and was picked up by alex ferguson who has an eye for talent for decades

he scored 77 goals in 3 seasons with villareal, 32 just last year, many many assists

would u rate him the same if he was brazilian?

21. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I wouldn't take him for 30m either. Green blue white black or brazilian.

Also, this team has to think more like SAF and have an eye for talent not just try to pick up the best transfers year after year. This team has to be more of a Man U and less of a RM and Barce

sky sports says vucinic is juve's .. take the rumour for what its worth

22. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I think the logic is perfectly sound: using the past 4 seasons in La Liga to indicate how he will develop in the future. I think he will turn out to be a "very good" striker. Will he be the next Vieri or ADP or whomever? I don't think so. Now, I am not saying I don't want him, I'm just saying I don't think we should be paying 32M that Villarreal are requesting for him. We just bought Matri for 15.5M, is he twice as good as Matri? No way!

I could give a shit. Just because he was picked up by Fergie doesn't mean he'll be great.

He scored 77 goals in 4 seasons. Either way, they are good figures, but not 32M dollar figures.

Huh? Are you kidding me? Do you see all of the players I recommend? I think that I, for the most part, recommend players of all nationalities and backgrounds. I have praised this offseason alone Hungarians, Swiss, Belgians, Germans, English, Italians, Argentineans, Spanish, Brazilian, etc. If you think I favor signing Brazilians, I would love to see you produce some sort of history in my posts where this is evident.

23. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    43million and 225,000 a week for Aguero.

If you think we're going to sign any class without spending money you guys are living in another world. Anything close to 30m euros for Rossi is a bargain.

24. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    According to various sources I've read, Juve won't budge further up from 27M while Villarreal want 32M. I think Aguero for 43M is also overpaying, without a doubt, but if we had a choice of whether to overpay 43M for Kun or 32M for Rossi, I'd choose Kun. He's got much more upside, IMO. But, regardless, we're not getting Kun and we don't look likely to get Rossi.

Who else is possibly available in that type of player? I think, we would then have to turn our attention to players like Higuain, Benzema, Balotelli, Neymar, Falcao, Suarez, etc. None of them will come cheap though, as well all know.

25. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    If Juve really wanted Aguero then should have paid 43m-45m to Atletico and he would have been Juve's, especially since Juve were offering 7.5m Net 15/m Gross to him
    (He's getting @ Man City (225,000 Gross a week)