It's Reigning Men - The Official Reign FC Attendance Discussion

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by Blaze20, Feb 12, 2014.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Should attendances skyrocket towards 6.000, is there the chance to open some more seats at Moda Pitch?

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are only using one of the two stands, so technically it is feasible. Logistically? Financially? Who knows.

blissett repped this.
  3. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Updated attendance chat from the Reign. It looks good :) (that's the extent of my analysis)

upload_2014-6-30_13-37-42.png

kolabear, blissett and JuniorCoach repped this.
  4. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    First I would like to point out that, as was mentioned, one of reasons for the big jump in attendance from 4000+ to 5700+ was the NWSL play-offs that took place in Seattle throughout the week. I am sure that future games will probably see it drop back to around 4000 again. The only other time that there will probably be a chance of reaching the 6000+ is the Portland game. The playoffs may be where we will see them have to open up the other grandstands.

5. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    ecnl?

6. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I figured as much. I'm not made though. If they can consistent pull 4k+ from now on, I'll consider it a big win,

7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I believe you mean ECNL.
    Rory Dames went to Seattle last week and I'm sure it was because his Eclipse Select Club was in this event.

8. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Thanks for the correction on the ECNL.

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, the NWSL's website credits the attendance to yesterday's Seattle Reign-Portland Thorns match to amount to new record of 5.957 (43 people to make it 6.000: where were you? :devilish:).

I guess that, unlike the previous record-breaker vs Boston, this time people had great fun! :laugh: (Unless they were Portland's fans :whistling:)

10. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    The Reign are an exciting team to watch. I think that it is the kind of soccer needed for the women's game to grow. I checked Dash ticket sales and it looks like they will have a good crowd for the mid-week game with the Reign. It looked like when I looked at ticket sales, and this was before the Portland game, that they had quite a few sections sold-out. I think with the way they handled Portland so convincingly I saw a few more sections sold out. I would think their remaining road games will draw well, in most cases, especially those teams fighting for play-off spots. And the loyal Seattle fans should be talking this team up so they can fill both sides of the Stadium. I like the way they play. I just wished more teams would play that way.