News: It's Over. It's Finally Over. Sale Announced

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Jiggly_333, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Congrats, you all! As someone who witnessed the previous ownership ineptitude first-hand, I am excited to see what the Fire could be with a competent ownership group. Let's hope this new one is just that.

2. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I am rather happy about this! However, though I do like watching soccer at SF...to think it will Ever be like those national team or Mexican club games is naive at best for a regular season game. I am doubtful the Fire in a playoff game draws like that. For convenience SG worked better for me (plus I liked the free parking I had which I truly doubt will not be there at SF) but am willing to renew for SF if the tix don't sky rocket (and definitely will if still get my seats and free parking). Go Fire!

3. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    If nothing else, SF's smaller lower bowl really does help the atmosphere for non-NFL sized events. You don't really notice much if the 300-400 levels are empty. The 200-300 end zones kinda stand out though.

goldclover repped this.
  4. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    :rolleyes:

Other than being a dead-ender who's trying extra hard to be miserable, I'm not really sure what you're getting at, to be honest.

5. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    For the Lord God Omnipotent reigneth.
    Forever, forever forever, forever
    Alleluia, alleluia , alleluia .....

bunge, skinut, GHjelm and 2 others repped this.
  6. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Anyone want to start a thread about tomorrow's match? I have been on full tailgate mode since early this afternoon! Hey Fire Go!!!

GHjelm, goldclover and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  7. TyrusRose

TyrusRose Member+

chicago fire
    North Korea
    Jun 17, 2019
    There was an offer out there, Nelson said as much. You don’t put out such a hefty offer for a player if you didn’t plan on actually bringing one in. It didn’t happen, but there definitely was enough trust in NRod for him to be able to offer such a deal. And it’s a DP spot so it is significant however you want to put it.

N Rod absolutely has to go, but I’ll be skeptical that he is on his way out this fall until it happens. It would be quite the positive turn around if he did leave as there would be nothing left of Hauptman’s stench on the club.

8. Fighting Illini

Fighting Illini Member+

Feb 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Or is it Don Garber's stench?

The idea that Hauptman was essentially "fired" by MLS a couple of years ago and NRod was brought in by the league office to mind the store while a sale was found seems fairly plausible to me now.

Pennsylvania Dave and firefan2001 repped this.
  9. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm so happy and drunk. I'm going to pay for thos when it's time to change a diaper at 3am, but who cares. Free at last!

Pennsylvania Dave, bunge, skinut and 3 others repped this.
  10. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Exactly! Can't wait for tomorrow!

GHjelm repped this.
  11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Once again, that was not what you said.

You said "Mansueto would approve a big money transfer" not an offer was out there because "Nelson said as much."
    1) there may have been an offer, but that is not the same as "approving a big money transfer" and
    2) what evidence do you have that "Mansueto would approve" such a move when Hauptman was the majority owner at that point.

Also, Nelson "said as much" means about as much as "Trump said as much."

Logically, it would be Hauptman who would "approve a big money transfer."
    Why would he "approve a big money transfer" if he was going to sell less than two months later?

Not to mention we do not have a DP slot open, so bringing in a "big money transfer" this summer was not very likely to begin with and even less likely with such uncertainty surrounding the team. I did not for one minute think that a new Designated Player was coming to the Fire unless and until one of Nikolic, Katai or Bastian had left. That did not happen, so an "offer" is, essentially, meaningless.

By the way, I really don't mean to bust your balls all the time, I really do not. I apologize for busting on ya'.

I really hope you stay around and bring some good "gossip" to the table. In an era of good news for a change, we would be thrilled to have it continue.

bunge, skinut and firefan2001 repped this.
  12. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Well, since you're apparently slow, I'll back up for you.

Your limitations have you inventing things in your head that I never said so you can argue that somehow I am wrong.

Normally, that's called a straw man and it's a tool of ignorant fools, but you don't seem capable of even that much. It must be the voices in your head.

13. Mac97

Mac97 Member+

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    20190913_233425.jpg The celebratory Malort shot, on Friday the 13th of a full moon!

bunge, skinut and GHjelm repped this.
  14. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times has he said this, just because he says this it, doesn't mean it's true.

GHjelm repped this.
  15. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Bwahaha. The baby slept through the night. What a glorious day!

willydonc, SixKick, bunge and 2 others repped this.
  16. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Update. The wife told me the baby did not sleep through the night, she just let me sleep through the night. Still good though!

chiladd, willydonc, SixKick and 2 others repped this.
  17. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Has a baby, ever, "slept through the night," without being drugged to do so?

18. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My first would sleep 6 hours straight fro. Day we brought her home (other than the occasional no sleep at all night). This one sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time.

19. Ke1n

Ke1n Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actual really bummed won't be able to make it to the game to celebrate with you all. But if anyone needs a high energy start to this most wonderful of Saturdays.

goldclover, xtomx, Jiggly_333 and 2 others repped this.
  20. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hey, that's a "real" Newcastle you've got there, in the clear bottle (well, the "brewed in Holland" real Newcastle).
    I want that.

Not that Lagunitas crap that taste like burnt malt.

Mac97 repped this.
  21. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, only 12k at the game today so clearly Hauptman wasn’t the reason fans weren’t coming out to the games.

Sorry for the lame troll, it just feels weird seeing this much optimism in a thread that doesn’t have the word in the title.

22. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been ONE day. Some of the rot is STILL with the team (NRod, Pauno, NRod's hires and Pauno's hires).

Red and White 97 and aetraxx7 repped this.
  23. LIZZIE

LIZZIE BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 18, 2001
    Sec 126
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it will take a lot more than just replacing Hauptman, or even the whole FO, to undo what has been done to the Fire.

xtomx and aetraxx7 repped this.
  24. Red and White 97

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 22, 2017
    I can't believe it's over. 12 years of suffering. It is over. I

hollowfish, xtomx, bunge and 1 other person repped this.
  25. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the whole joke, y’all- the whole point of the troll job. I was poking fun at the whole idea that there was ever any one thing that was responsible for the team’s low attendance in Bview and having some fun with all of the optimism since its a rare (but welcome!) sight here. Maybe the Mansueto Out thread would’ve been a better spot for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bunge, GHjelm and LIZZIE repped this.