It's Official: Hilal sign Essa Al-Mehayyani for ...

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually, it's not really official yet, but the Saudi sports channel says Hilal have signed Essa Al-Mehayani from Wehda for 26 million riyals :eek:, once again beating Al-Nasr who couldn't agree to terms with the club and player last week.

This would make Essa the most expensive Saudi player of all time. We'll probably see him in the NT soon (if the news is true).

2. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I won't believe it until I see him ina Hilal shirt. He's been linked with so many clubs and conspiracy theories that I can't seperate the truth from the Hearsay.

Though I have it on good authority that Chelsea wish to sign him instead of Drogba ;)

They sold Al-Shamrani for 13 million
    Osama Al-Hawsawi for I don't know how many millions
    And now this but where has all the money gone? :mad:

3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Into al-wehda's prince bank account. :D للاسف هذه الكرة السعودية

4. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Wehda doesn't have a prince, do they?

5. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    They don't, they have Jamal Tounesi.

Where the money goes? to the creditors.
    You don't think our clubs run a positive cashflow do you? If you're a Wehda or Qadessiya you sell players periodically, if you're a Hilal or Ittihad you drag in more money from rich people who want publicity (like a ponzi except without an exit for the early "investors"), and if you're Ittifaq it's a bit of both (Tuwairqi is as rich as anyone, but he's not willing to throw that much good money after bad).

Wehda's situation is sad. The flood gates opened after Nasser aShamrani and Shabab strong armed them to sell (not much selling power when the player and loan club collude to make it impossible for him to come back), and since then everyone smelled weakness.

6. bijans-redded

bijans-redded Red Card

Jan 18, 2007
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    South Korea Seol Ki-Hyeon is going to your club.

7. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's gotten ugly.

Nasr's prince Faisal ibn Turki insists he will bring the player to Al-Nasr, who have announced a new bid.

The player himself has phoned into one of the sports programs saying that he has decided that he wants to join Hilal.

Each club claims they talked to him first, or alternatively, that Hilal only submitted its offer after Nasr and Wehda failed to reach a deal.

Ittihad and Ahli's fans and media want the FA to prevent the player from going to either club just like they banned Ittihad and Ahli from signing Mansu from Liga de Quito for allegedly violating Sultan's new "honor code" (whatever that is).

Looks like he's going to stay where he is for the time being because of this mess, unless Sultan allows him to go to a third club.

8. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So I've heard, but that's for another thread. :)

9. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I thought yasser was the most expensive?

10. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yasser was 23 million.

I hate how Saudi Transfers count the player's wage in the transfer amount. In Europe it only announces the money between the clubs.

11. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Records were made to be broken.

12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yeah but it doesn't make it less silly to spend so much money on kicking a football around. :(

13. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    How much is Yasser getting paid per year in $US?

14. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's somewhere between $25k and $30k a month, which is not much by international standards, but that doesn't include all the "gifts" he gets from Hilal's prince fans.

15. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    No, it must be more than that. That only equates to $360k per year. Isn't he the most paid local player though?

I just heard Al-Hiral paid $6 mil Euros to Steaua Bucuresti for signing a Romanian international, Mirel Radoi! And also, when I see how much Seol's getting paid at Al-Hiral, Yasser must be getting way more than $360k per year.

16. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, he's not. His transfer fee was a record for a Saudi player, but since that time some players have renewed their contracts for higher amounts (e.g. Mohammad Noor). I think Noor's wages are higher than Yasser's, but like I said, in Saudi Arabia, star players get many gifts in cash and in kind from wealthy supporters in addition to their wages.

Yasser was bought for about $6m, of which he received 30% for 5 years. 30% of $6m is $1.8m, divided by 5 years that gives you $360k/year. Some people think our players are paid astronomical wages, but that's not really true (at least not by European standards). Of course, I may have some incorrect numbers and I hope some other Saudi member can correct any mistakes.

Foreign players are typically paid higher than Saudi ones; that's normal. Christian Wilhelmsson, for example, is paid much more than Yasser is.

17. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok NOW it's official.

Mehayyani will be joining Al-Hilal next season, after Al-Hilal outbid Wehda for the player (Nasr did not even submit a bid -- showing that k7aylan's real goal was to delay the transfer til next season, which is what happened).

18. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hilal's bid was for 15 million S.R., of which Wehda will receive 11 million. If they had accepted Hilal's offer before the transfer window closed they would have received 18 million instead of 11. :D

19. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    jamal Tunesi seemed to be angry from Al nasr and Ittihad (he thought they will pay more and increase the price but they refused Hahaahh).
    خل هياطهم ينفعهم

20. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Lack of professionalism.. :cool:

21. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    btw will he play at the ACL?

22. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Won't beleieve it until he's in a Hilal shirt next season.

23. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Khala9 ya baba they showed the photos of the bidding process (فتح المظاريف). It's done. Just like Hawsawi's transfer last year.

24. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He's a Wehda player until July.

25. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Having looked at how the bidding process worked in Al-Riyadiya.....WTF?

How the ******** did Wehda bid for their own player? Why must the player go to the team that bid the most instead of the team he chooses? What kind of messed up transfer list is this?