It's official! Drew Carey part owner of Seattle Team (and Seattle rally notes)

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by gregro, Nov 12, 2007.

1. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh relax mate... :) I wore and waved my supporters scarf with pride and my mates didn't have an issue with it (unless they are Ranger Fans) so if you don't like it, toss off then. ;)

Sounders Till I Die!

2. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your right its not a big deal. Just an obervation.

Enjoy your promotion into the US top flight.

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    This is the proper response to any Onionsack post.

4. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All kidding aside from my other posts, I posted that I was wearing my Celtic kit online here is because there are local Seattle fans that post here that I have never met in person. I wanted them to be able to recognize me because I assume that would not know what I look like. Part of the reason that I went to today was not only to celebrate but to also meet some folks that post here.

I wanted to sport a footy kit to celebrate Seattle joining the world soccer community check it here. I thought the Celtic kit would be great to rock with the scarf. I could have worn, My Chelsea, AC Milan, Real Madrid kit but I really liked the Celtic kit for the occasion. I hope that explains things a litttle for you and others that were wondering. :)

Cheers!

5. Colin Eager

Colin Eager New Member

May 14, 2000
    Isn't colege football full of marching bands?

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: It's official! Drew Carey part owner of Seattle Team

If you knew where I got my bachelor's degree, you'd understand why I think your post is 100% hilarious.

7. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

Speaking of where you went to college, you can go ahead and change your sig from our little bet now. It's been more than a month since we beat you guys.

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Since I haven't written my manifesto about the greatness of the University of Oklahoma, as per our agreement, I'll keep it until I do.

9. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Drew's hatred of Chivas is eternal. He may be an owner of the Seattle team, but he's always gonna be a member of the Squad.

tm

10. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    I have done this market research:

1. D.C United

2. New York Red Bulls

3. Kansas City Wizards

4. Real Salt Lake

5. New England Revolution

All of these teams play in a friggin "American Football" stadium that is for the most part empty, we're talking a quarter of the stadium...... Seattle is gonna fill it up????? LMAO! BTW, the market I researched is, the MLS team playing in a ********ing NFL monstrosity when you don't have the fan-base to fill it... that's my market..... GO SEATTLE!!!!!!! :eek:

11. virtute

virtute New Member

May 20, 2007
    N. California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony Kornheiser is a prick. The guy hates soccer and it shows during the interview. He kept asking several times about "The Price is Right" from Carey so he can avert attention away from soccer and keeps Carey answering about the game show instead. He even imposes his will in a way by saying "now that we talked about soccer, how about.. " just to tell Carey, that's enough about soccer, we're done with it, now let's talk something else.

That's my take on it, anyway.

12. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    You're new here, so I'll be gentle. Do a search, particularly in the USMNT fora, for "Drew Carey," and see what a fan he's been.

He's adored not because he's a B-lister who makes us feel cool.

He's adored because he's a genuinely good guy who loves the game and spends a ridiculous amount of time, energy and money on soccer and soccer charities, and does shit like buy beers for an entire section of fans just because.

13. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago

You're NOT new here and still don't know what you're talking about so I'll be VERY "gentle" .......

6 months ago Drew Carey was sucking some major Galaxy balls and had a man crush on Beckham.... Now he is part owner of a team in a city that he has absolutely no connection to, (maybe he did a gig there in '88??? Not Sure) anyway, this already shows his incapability to be a true lifetime supporter of a particular club..... Not my kind of fan, secondly, he is as washed up as MLS teams playing in an NFL stadium so who cares how many beers he buys people? NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT DREW CAREY, WAIT A MINUTE...... ARE YOU IN HIS TOP 8 ??????? :D

14. Rowdies4ever

Rowdies4ever New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    New England

It's not like this is a completely new idea, either. Some NASL clubs had marching bands. The Tampa Bay Rowdies had the Loudies. I remember the Loudies playing sometimes at half time; they weren't a full sized marching band, though; probably closer in size and spirit to the old Brooklyn Dodgers' Sym-Phony than to a full sized college marching band.

Anyway congrats to Seattle Sounders fans. You guys look like you are going to have a good ownership group with some good/interesting ideas; hopefully a SSS will not be too far into the future.

15. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, there is some rule that says you can't support more than one club?? I guess I will be flipping a coin come April 2009. :rolleyes:

16. Rowdies4ever

Rowdies4ever New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    New England
    I'm pretty certain his bank account demonstrates the exact opposite.:)

Seriously, when did Drew Carey make you a personal promise that he would only support LAG and would never, ever support any other club? He can do what he damn well wants with his own money; he isn't just a LAG fan, he's a soccer fan, and he's doing what he can to support our sport. Good on him.

17. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    1. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12442758#post12442758

2. Carey was supporting LAG long before Beckham showed up.

Carey was excited (like many others) about what Beckham could do for MLS and soccer in the U.S.

Carey is now excited about what he can do for MLS in Seattle, MLS in general and soccer in the U.S.

3. You've proven your adolescent ignorance through what you've already posted, and I'll bet you'll reinforce the impression with whatever you "add" to this thread. I'm done with you.

18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    My wife doesn't seem to complain.

19. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    When you got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.

20. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be "a little bit like" the FC Barcelona model. Barcelona socios started and own 100% of the club. Link

21. jokeefe80

jokeefe80 Red Card

Oct 31, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wonder if they will become as corrupt as fc barcelona? now that would be a team i could support!!!

22. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The stock the Packers fans have explicity state that they have no rights. So that wouldn't be a good example of fan power.

24. dl

dl New Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Cambridge, MA
    I do. And clearly most of the people posting here do. Take your negative garbage elsewhere.

25. jokeefe80

jokeefe80 Red Card

Oct 31, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahahahahahaha amazing post. keep drinking, because it is helping you produce some gems.