It's off-season and I'm bored, so........

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by yasik19, May 24, 2007.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'd like to start a thread for all of us to get to know each other a little better. We spend so much time (well, some of us) on here that it would be good to put a little personality behind each poster.
    You don't have to answer some/any of the questions about yourself below if you don't feel like it.

1. How old are you?
    2. Where do you live and where were you born, if different?
    3. What do you do and where do you work?
    4. Favorite hobbies
    5. If you play soccer, what position do you play and which professional player do you most resemble?
    6. Anything else you want to add.

I'll start.
    1. I'm 27
    2. I live in Pacifica, California. It's about a 10 minute ride south of San Francisco. I was born in Odessa, Ukraine and came to US at the age of 13.
    3. I am a financial analyst, working for AAA.
    4. I love to read books, collect chess boards and play chess, and build WWII models (tanks, planes, boats, etc.....)
    5. I play CM for my team. I'd like to think I resemble Lampard (maybe slightly better :D ).
    6. I am a twin. Also, I have played tennis for 20 years.

2. j.fisher

j.fisher So Much Better

May 3, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. 22
    2. Live in Greensboro, NC. Born and raised in Detroit, MI.
    3. I work on medical equipment.
    4. Baseball, reading & drinking tons of beer.
    5. Never played it and actually hated the sport until I saw the Premiership.
    6. I'm awesome.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    :D and modest.;)

4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I feel like abstaining until Monkee sticks his oar in and sets the bar but here goes:

1. 28
    2. Live in Dana Point in South Orange County. Grew up in Newbury, Berks and in the 'Wooden' West Stand of Stamford Bridge since the 80's. Gave up my season ticket during the '02 season to cross the pond (sniff sniff)
    3. I'm an actuary/benefits consultant for a large MNC
    4. Chelsea (duh), running, hiking, Eagles (was STH with Eddie for a couple of years),
    5. Mentally kicked every ball while on the West (in fact it was the only to keep warm in those 8,000+ crowds against Coventry/Wimbledon/etc in November.) My skills are sowewhat akin to a s*** Ali Dia
    6. Eff off you nosey b*st*rd

5. j.fisher

j.fisher So Much Better

May 3, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true... :)

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    1. I'm 27.
    2. Currently live in London but was born in Moscow.
    3. I'm a lawyer at a large law firm and do structured finance work.
    4. Travel, reading, food (eating it, not cooking it), etc.
    5. Not nearly as often as I like, but mostly defense on the right.
    6. No.

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    man, we have some shy posters. Only 4 folks replied. :eek: :eek:

8. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    1. 21
    2. Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Born in Pasadena, CA.
    3. I go to college. I play Fifa. And i work for the city soccer leagues.
    4. I draw, i write, i drink, i play footie, and i play stringed instruments.
    5. Played defense in High School, but i now play CM.
    6. I am the greatest thing to happen to anything.

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I bet Fisher will disagree with you on that one.;)

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    You're the greatest thing to ever happen to Ron Jeremy's career?

Ew.

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2.Gainesville, FL, Born in NewHampshire, about 30 minutes from Boston
    3.Just got back into school(nagging girlfriend going to medschool)
    4.Sports fanatic, read a lot, recently picked up poker, but most time is held between work, school, girlfriend, and playing
    5.Only been a casual player for a couple of years(played basketball and some hockey most my life), really went hard for it recently though, playing 4 times a week. The games are all still very casual, I started off as a CM, somehow now end up a lot on the wing, they say Im good for someone who didnt play froma young age, but if I resembled any pro, they should retire.
    6.Have the greatest dog ever, his name is J.B.(Jack bauer).

Oh and Blue Celery was not the best thing to ever happen to me

12. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Haha. Yes, i remember those good ol' times with Ron. I would prefer you keep that quiet though.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    the fact that you play hockey and have a dog named Jack Bauer says a lot about you. Rock on man!:)

14. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    1. I'm 20.
    2. My home is Madison, WI. I am currently enrolled at Carleton College in Northfield, MN, and next fall I will be studying in Montpellier, France.
    3. I am a student.
    4. I love following soccer, running, and doing nothing. Sadly, most of my time is spent studying and writing papers.
    5. When I played in HS, I played on the right of a 3-5-2, so I could be called either a RWB or a RM. My job was to run a lot, put crosses in, and keep the opposing wingers busy defending me instead of letting them get into the attack. I guess Daniel Alves is the closest you might get to my job. I had to choose between track and soccer when I started college. I chose track, and run the 400m and 800m.

15. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    see sig and location thingy
    network technician
    cars,movies,playstation,women and beer
    havent played since i got injured at 16
    my pin number is 5028

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of more things to add, I was born on the 4th of July, but I am not in a wheel chair.

I sort of quit drinking

Besides the 4 major sports here, and proper football, I also love Rugby League and MMA.

Cranium is the greatest board game of all time, Tecmo Superbowl the greatest video game

Minus the Bear my favorite band, !Oh No! and the Tiger Pit my favorite live band, and I love movies, all genres and time periods, and cooking.

My preferred energy drink is Enviga green tea

Im addicted to coffee, all kinds imagineable, and Boba.

17. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. 18

2. Lockport, New York. It's about 40 minutes north of Buffalo, 20 minutes west of Niagara Falls, 90 minutes east of Rochester, and 10 minutes south of Lake Ontario (I can see it from here:))

3. I go to high school and I work at a Drive-In Theatre. I am attending St. Bonaventure University in the fall for journalism.

4. Soccer (Chelsea), Football (Buffalo Bills/Notre Dame), Hockey (Buffalo Sabres), Baseball (Chicago Cubs), and I also enjoy golf and tennis. I've been dating a girl for over 2.5 years now and I spend a lot of time with her. She's probably the #2 Chelsea fan in my city of 40,000:pI used to be a lot more into music but I still am. I love Coheed & Cambria, DeathCabForCutie, Pedro the Lion, the Misfits, and every good song from Guitar Hero. I spend a lot of time playing FM 2005 (still!) though I will get the new Football Manager MMORPG. I love South Park, Simpsons, Colbert Report, Futurama, and Family Guy.

5. Either side full-back or wing and also central midfield. I guess a combo of Lahm and Cesc.

6. I have a white-fro and let my hair grow pretty long so I can put it up in a headband when I play.

18. cooldude

cooldude New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    1. 18
    2. Born in India, lived in Singapore for most of my life.
    3. Engineering student
    4. When I'm not held up with held up with coll., research and field trips, I like to watch almost all sports. I play professional Table-Tennis and the piano.
    5. Nope. Just the occasional Sunday games with friends. Till I half-swallowed my tongue playing football for my school a couple of years ago anyway.
    6. My first Chelsea game was Chelsea-Spu*s in 1996. We won it 3-1. In the next match, we beat Utd at OT. Glory-hunter:D

19. mother_goose

mother_goose Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Philippines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. Goodness, you people make me feel so old. Where's Clan, Dr I and the rest?!? Im 33.
    2. Swindon, England but originally from the Philippines
    3. Domestic Engineer :p
    4. Footie, of course and a romance novel junkie, to my hubby's horror :eek:
    5. Does Kickball count?
    6. I will be getting a visit from the stork in 2 months time :)

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on that one. Is it a John Terry or a Kate beckinsale?

21. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    1. 28 as of last friday
    2. live in North Delta, born in Richmond, both suburbs of Vancouver.
    3. don't ask me about my bussiness;)
    4. reading, vid games (DS & PS2), jogging, drinking too much coffee.getting together every 6 weeks with friends for some of the old dungeons & dragons.
    5. no more than a kickabout with friends, i'd be most like Maka: a bit short, good positioning, crap shot.
    6. i grew a beard for the NHL playoffs (canadian tradition), and still have it. i just got a bloody facebook page (shudder). my family (parents & sibblings) and i were on a reality/wilderness adventure tv show a few months back.

22. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1. I am 23
    2. Born in Windsor Ontario, live in toronto now.
    3. I work at End to End networks as a network analyst
    4. Fifa 2007, Diablo 2, Watching,football, Guitar.
    5. Played travel as a striker, i most likely resemble rooney, not in looks, just in play.
    6. you cant spell slaughter without laughter.

23. LB_TM

LB_TM New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Laguna Beach, CA
    I've only posted once before, but I've read most of your work here for quite some time so maybe I'll feel less like a stalker if I respond to this request.

1. 40. So far everyone is much younger than I would have guessed.
    2. I live in Laguna Beach, California. Born in St. Louis, but moved to OC when I was three.
    3. Commercial real estate investment firm in Irvine.
    4. Spend lots of time with my 5 yo and 2-1/2 yo girls. Try to run a marathon every year, but average every other year (London Marathon in '06 was a lifetime highlight). Surf, but not as much as I'd like to. Read a fair amount. Big college football fan (UCLA) and recent Chelsea / EPL addict. Relatively passive fan of other sports (Lakers & Angels).
    5. Played striker or winger from 7 years old through sophomore year of high school when I made a full-time commitment to the other football--the kind that will give a scholarship to a big (but fast) kid with very few skills.
    6. Dave Wakeling of the English Beat played at my 40th birthday party. I love '80's music, but I'm not stuck there. I know most of the music all of you youngins listen to (although I'd be more up-to-date if I didn't listen to so many EPL-related podcasts these days).

24. mother_goose

mother_goose Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Philippines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks. Its gonna be the next JT :D

25. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. I'm 38. Today actually.
    2. Born and raised in a Boston suburb - live in a different one just outside the city
    3. Senior Account Executive for a ASP software company here in Massachusetts.
    4. Sports fanatic - Chelsea, Red Sox, Boston College and Arizona State, Bruins, Pats - love to cook - travel - party - music
    5. Don't play anymore - injuries - played right midfield for years - coached youth soccer for 6 years - on a break right now due to work
    6. Chelsea fan since 1996 - went to The Bridge only once in 1999 - need to get back