"It's Not You, It's Them" - The Continuing Mesut Ozil Lovefest Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And extra o doesn't change recent german tradition of failing when it matters.
    I like the german NT but i don't think that Euro 12 is the stage where they will shine, maybe in Brazil'14.

;)

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It takes luck as well as a good team to win a major tournament. Germany might go home early, might win it ,might do anything. They look strong, but there are always surprises. Even Italy has a chance.

3. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Out of everything there, Germany never goes home early

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They did in 2004. Either way, on paper, Germany is one of the favorites, but that can be irrelevant in the knock out games.

5. PatGer

PatGer Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Let´s say "don´t go home early, unless they have Luxembourg like talent". :D In retrospect Sammer´s tragic career ending injury was a blessing in disguise. With him in there the darkage of 1998-2004 (including the fluky World Cup final on the back of three players) doesn´t happen like it did and those years really exposed the lack of technical skill/tactical awareness on the team and led to the major changes that have brought out players like Özil, Müller, Götze, Khedira, Kroos, Schürrle, Reus, Holtby, and dozen others 10 years later.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In 2000 as well. :mad:

7. Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Berlin
    You know, I actually don't care about the title that much, as it is just pure joy to watch the German NT these days, especially if you suffered through the dark days after '96 (and how that title happened, is still a mystery to me).
    This is hands down the best football I've seen by our NT, and I enjoy every friggin' minute of it - title or not.

8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with that, this side is good for the eye, even for neutral fans.

Titles will come with experience.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is a mystery? Moeller, Sammer, Reuter, Klinsmann, Hassler, Scholl, Kohler, Helmer, Bierhoff and Koepke...

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hässler was one hell of a cool person, man, i always found it wrong that he was being made fun of on the television all the time.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah he was...it was too bad he didn't get a fair shot while at Dortmund. Having him and Moeller in the middle-field was going to be awesome...in the end, not so much.

12. PatGer

PatGer Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Yeah that was a weird comment. That team had great depth. Might as well add names like Kahn, Babbel, Ziege, Basler, Eilts, Bode, Bobic, Freund, Strunz, Kuntz, who all played key roles in highly successful club teams and during the tournament.

13. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    17 world cups entered, 16 QF. (12 of those semis, 7 of those finals)

11 Euros entered, 7 SF (6 of those Finals)

That was what I was basing the comments on :)

So many injuries they had to call up a reserve keeper from outside for the final.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Does anyone doubt Joachim Löw is ready to coach a major European club after his stint with the NT?

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, i do. some people are more suited for international jobs rather than the everyday club thing.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's true. There's plenty of examples to support that.

He's impressed me though, and I'm sure a few big clubs would be willing to give him a try especially if he takes Germany on a long run in the summer. Not sure he would leave though until after 2014.

17. therealrealfan

Jun 12, 2011
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't want to generalize, so please take my following comments with a pinch of salt.

I saw a replay of the Germany vs Netherlands game-1st half. And a replay of the Costa Rica vs Spain game.

Germany are just too strong. Sami Khedira was a beast in that game. Its really sad to see that he can put in an A1 grade performance in a friendly match. Have I ever seen him so dominant for RM? He was intercepting, breaking attacks, distributing the ball very well.

Same with Ozil. What a game he had. He plays 1 game in 2 months for Germany and his understanding with Mulleur and Klose is of ESP proportions. He plays every week with RM. How come he doesn't have such an understanding with Benzema and Ronaldo? In this game he knew exactly when to anticipate a pass and made all the right runs.
    He has been good for Real Madrid, but for Germany he is in a different league.

Why is this happening?:mad:
    Is it a question of motivation?
    Is it a question of players taking the pay cheque in club football for granted and seeking glory only in national football?

Many others from Germany have this problem too. Klose and Podoski have poor club form. But look at their national records. Its as if its a conspiracy.

You may think I am paranoid, but its too frequent for coincidence. :mad:

18. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually Klose has always had the same form for Bremen, Bayern for a year and a half and Lazio as for Germany except for his last 2 years at bayern.

Also don't underestimate the importance of playing for Germany for these guys. There is a great team spirit and a lot of competition at the same time so there are no games off, even for Özil with Götze there AND for Khedira, where Kroos is probably ahead of him at the moment.

19. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is there a link for this?

21. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not sure if it's even running anymore. It was pre-WC2010.

EDIT: Yeah, just checked the date and it came out in Dec. of '09.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :mad:

23. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It could be that German players gives their all for the manshaft, or it could be that the tactics are better suited for Ozil, Khedira and Klose.

Remember that playing on the International stage is completely different than club football where teams are prepared, and team chemistry/cohesion is factor.

24. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was kinda neat but you didn't miss much lol.

It was basically a chess game using the players. The team lost it's team spirit so you had to play the 3 WC finals that Germany have won to get it back.

25. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ozil and Benzema actually has such kind of understanding, always feel like that since last season, a lot of amazing link up play between these two, recent example: combination of both vs Lyon that caused the own goal. It's hot & cold with Ronaldo though.

I also think that's a lot to do with the style of play. Ozil thrives when he has oulet to play with, to link up, to send & receive pass unselfishly, to pick up each other's run. He has a lot more outlet to do so in Germany NT than in RM, with Klose, Mueller, etc who all are seem like to link up & very good at it.