"It's Not You, It's Them" - The Continuing Mesut Ozil Lovefest Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Defense is mostly about grit and determination, if you can't contribute defensively it's either down to tactics or desire. That's why players like Raul and Higuain can be effective without scoring goals, they've got heart. I'm not taking shots at Mezut because for all I know Mourinho has told him defense is not important. We know Ronaldo and Kaka get a pass in this department but defense isn't hard its hard work.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When you make such bizarre claims, at least get the player's name right.

3. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Defence is not only just tracking back. I still remember last years CL match against Milan where Ozil pretty much neutralized Pirlo and destabilising their game. I know angel is more of a work horse than Ozil and no one will complain about Ozil's defensive vulnerabilities if he gets his offensive part right.

4. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Di Maria's defensive work is a bless of course, it always entertains me seeing the opponent's goal keeper or defender getting nervous when on the ball because Di Maria run like crazy toward them. However, when having a bad game Di Maria usually turns into turnover machine, so at that case his defensive plus is not a plus point anymore, just something very handy to clean up his own mess.

Anyway, Ozil & Ronaldo did trackback & do defensive work, even though not in the same league as Di Maria.

Ozil this season almost always do that actually. He wasn't great at it, mostly because he can't tackle, generally average at pressuring, & sucks at aerial duel. But he's quite excellent at intercepting (he made decent amount of steals by intercepting and initiated a couple of counter attacks from that) & he's getting better at reading the opponent game. Did anybody notice Ozil stopped the opponent's counter attack in Zaragoza game (the one after Marcelo misspassed right to the opponent)? He marked one of them & his run pressured the opponent until losing control over the ball when 1v1 againts Iker. Ozil also stopped another opponent's counter attacks in similar way at Racing game.

Ronaldo not always do all those dirty work, but he did that at times, the most prominent example probably our supercopa first leg game.

Not sure if that's meant toward Ozil or Ronaldo or both. But I think you are wrong if you think since Ozil do zero defensive work (which is not the case) then he's completely innefective without scoring/maybe assisting goals. Ozil is playmaker afterall not striker or second striker. His contribution in playmake, build up, initiating the play, & creating spaces are the most important thing, not the goals or assists.

And Ronaldo, even without scoring goals & doing anything else on the pitch Ronaldo's presence itself help a lot in open up spaces for his teammates because he usually takes at least 2 defenders to mark him.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Amazes me how one of our top performers from the entire season last year is all of a sudden thought of as a liability. Reminds me of how a few are only happy when we win 5 or 6-0, bash the team for close games, then complain about the leagues competitiveness. Come on man...

I'd understand if Ozil was 25 and only played a couple good months in two season but that is far from what is happening.

Right now we don't even need him to find his form, I rather him bid his time warm all thee way up then be on fire for the second half of the season (especially the usually hard early start) when we'll need his abilities.

6. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unfortunately, there will always be someone at some time that will get scrutinized. First it was Marcelo, then it was Higuain. Then Benz came along and he got his share. Kaka got manhandled for a while as well. Recently, Di Maria was having his fair share of bashing until the last few games were he upped his game. You can actually sense that if Ronaldo has a few more bad games I'm forecasting people will start asking for him to be sold :D

But seriously, is there one player that didn't get massacred on this forum? It's a vicious circle. We're never going to have ALL of our players in top form at all times. Due to that, if there is one player that is in a slump, then lo and behold God help him.

Sadly it's Ozil's turn now. He showed us last year what a great player he is, and there is no way in hell that talent is going to disappear over one season. It's just his turn now :)

1 person likes this.
  7. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Since when is stating that he needs to step his game up considered "bashing"? This forum gets more and more sensitive by the day I swear. Minus the usual suspects (who should be ignored anyway) I think everyone with a reasonable amount of sense believes he'll shake off this poor form and get it together but let's call it what it is without jumping to extremes on either side, his level of play so far overall just isn't up to snuff.

8. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not talking about those last few pages. I'm talking in general and in game threads, and he was bashed to no end. Some one even said how he wished we had Silva instead of him.

Just because the general opinion of the few "regulars" here (or your own opinion only) that Di Maria needs to "step up his game" doesn't mean it's the only opinion on this board. There's a handful of posters who bash repeatedly.

9. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Show me, copy the post here. I'm willing to bet good money it's authored by one of our resident village idiots.

So if you know that why continue to get yourself worked up over it? That's my point.

10. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is one of the "village idiots" or whatever they're called on these forums. Regardless, they're entitled to their own opinion just like you and I are even if it's a stupid retarded one.

How am I getting worked up :confused: I was simply replying to YS telling him in a very calm and understanding matter that that's just the way it is and if anything, my post simply showed that I understand that's how it works on here and I'm very used to it.

11. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Nevermind :D

12. therealrealfan

Jun 12, 2011
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^^

I think you shouldn't term people as 'village idiots'. Why are you assuming that people from the villages are idiots?

I think they are pretty smart, and just because they are not as polished/educated as city folk doesn't mean that they are 'idiots'. Most village people I met are in fact smarter than city people in most practical matters.

One famous guy once said " the essence of any culture of a country is in its villages " :cool:

Now lets continue with the Ozil lovefest :D

13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Wow.

Just wow.

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...

It is "the village idiot". As in: "There is an idiot in every village". It does not mean every person from a village is an idiot. It means every village has one.

In this case, the "village" is this forum.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Village Idiot = The person or persons in the village which are the idiot(s). Everyone in the village (our forum) is aware they are therefore we label them as such.

16. therealrealfan

Jun 12, 2011
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh. I misunderstood. I am the idiot in this village. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  17. Ozilll

Ozilll Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Each village has one idiot and at least one bitch.
    This is regardless the religion or the nation that village belongs too.

18. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So we're the lucky ones that got the 2 for 1 deal with you, huh?

1 person likes this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Move on people.

20. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anybody see this yet? Mesut speaking Spanish! This is the first interview I've come across where he actually tries out his Spanish. It was after the Lyon game this week.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mnwbF4c9sc"]Mesut speaking Spanish (with subtitles) - YouTube[/ame]

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nice pronunciation of eh-coo-i-po. :D

Oh man, the pains of a gastarbeiter, but good to see him actually bring himself to talk...at all, it's not like he says anything more than that in German, so that interview is 100% Mesut. :D

22. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxSR1jimOjs"]Mourinho y Özil no se entienden Marcatoons en HD - YouTube[/ame]

23. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Awwwwww! This is so cute :D

24. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Uppa90

Uppa90 Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it generally accepted by RM fans that a lineup including the simultaneous fielding of Ozil and Kaka is to be preferred to a lineup fielding only one of the two at any given time?