It's Not Even Cold Yet...Winter Transfers Already Heating Up

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 4, 2018.

1. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We need an attacking midfielder. Might as well sell Pjanic.

juventino13 repped this.
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I wish, but someone has a hard on for him so I doubt it'll happen

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky claims that Juve met with Mino Raiola today to discuss Moise Kean's contract as well as Pogba and De Ligt.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rumors linking us to Francisco Trincao. No clue who that is, some 19 year old portuguese striker

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zidane posted this on Instagram today...

[​IMG]

gumbacicc repped this.
  7. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now that Mourinho has been sacked we can put this Pogba nonsense to rest as it was never going to happen.

phat, Falc and scirea6 repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    All reports are he is the goods.

9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That clinches it.

mad max to Yanited, Zizou to Juve this summer.

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well, looks like they chose POgs, but he has 1/2 a season to show he is worth keeping.

otherwise time for ManU to rebuild.

Woodward needs to go next.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I saw him in the U19s this past summer. You can see he has it, but is still very young.

12. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Frankly, Woodward should have gone first. It's not like he was doing much better before they hired Mourinho.

juveeer repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Man Us problem is they keep looking for the Unicorn Manager rather than fixing their structure and doin what it takes win consistently in the modern game.

Woodward needs to go and frankly they should have hired Marotta to take over and build a club structure than can be sustained over multiple managers. There is no overall plan and right now Yanited has a "team" made up of the personal choices of 4 managers, soon to be 5 and then 6 managers!

if they don't watch it, they are heading for Liverpool territory. Since the Prem started, Pool, THE dominant team in English football over the long haul, is 0 for the Prem.

Finally they have moved into the 21st C and look to be on a good track going forward. ManU is where they were 25 years ago and until they put a proper structure ion place with a sensible overall plan going forward, they will continue to flail about seeking the Holy Grail Manager Too Fix All Of Their Problems.

Good luck with that.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, I might add.

14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But in a way that's understandable, because that's how they functioned for two decades and it worked for them. That it did, and the fact that they were dominant for so much of that time is a tribute to SAF.

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yes.

He may well be the last of that sort of overall boss of a major club. Even ManU is now going to hire an overlord.

BUT....the main reason that "worked for them' was that until Roman A took over Chelsea, ManU was BY FAR the biggest spender in the Prem. They were essentially the Bayern Munich of England, at that time, buying up all the best players from the lower ranked Prem teams.

That can certainly help make you a "genius"!

However, I will say the last couple of seasons, esp. his LAST season, were real tributes to Fergie's coaching genius. The fact that he won the Prem by something like 11 points with his last squad is nothing short of amazing.

Moyes took the same squad and finished about where their talent level really belonged - down the table, far from first..

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex Sandro renewed his contract to 2023.

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    "...Alex Sandro is “very happy to continue being part of the Juventus family” after a contract extension made him the 10th highest-paid Serie A player.

The Brazilian put pen to paper today on a new deal to June 2023, believed to be worth around €5m per year.

That is a significant increase on his previous salary of €2.8m per year.

“I thank all the people who helped me arrive where I am today,” wrote Alex Sandro on Instagram.

“I am very happy to continue being part of the Juventus family.”

This wage puts the full-back in the top 10 for Serie A salaries, on a par with Juventus teammate Emre Can.

In fact, of the top 10 highest-paid players in Italy, eight are currently at Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala, Miralem Pjanic, Douglas Costa, Sami Khedira, Leonardo Bonucci, Emre Can and Alex Sandro.

The only outliers are playing for Milan, specifically second-place Gonzalo Higuain on €8.5m per year (on loan from Juventus with option to buy) and goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma in fifth on €6m...."

Sooooo....9 of the top 10 are currently AT Juve or on loan FROM Juve!

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We should be looking into that English kid that's tearing up the bundesliga, Jadon Sancho. 18 years old and has scored or assisted 13 goals in 17 games with Dortmund

juveeer repped this.
  19. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Um... Question?

Why would we send Claudio Marchisio away only to sign Aaron Ramsay one season later, even on a "free"? Can anybody make any sense out of this whatsoever?

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And at 10mil per season. I think the board have lost their mind this past summer

scirea6 repped this.
  21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Absolute disgrace.
    I have been able to catch Marchisio in the Europa League this season and he was great even after completely missing pre season with Zenit. No doubt he is better than the Donkeys Khedira and Can.
    Allegri is a joke and is pulling the same shit he pulled on Pirlo with Marchisio.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am a fan of Marchisio & wish he was still with us. But the decision to leave was his. He wanted a more prominent role, which was not going to happen. He would have been useful during this injury situation but then return a reserve role. He is in a good spot in the the twilight of his career.

Dante and juveeer repped this.
  23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good point. I had forgotten about that little (or not) detail...

24. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And as happy as that makes me for Marchisio, it means jack dick to Juventus.

If this board genuinely believes that Aaron Ramsay is a sensible solution, then I have nothing to say. Literally, the stupidity of it leaves me speechless.

I mean... what?!

(And Ramsay, with his looks, is usually the kind of signing that I love, regardless of whether or not they have the talent of Juan Esnáider- I mean, I adored Osvaldo, ffs)

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Injury concerns over Marchisio?