It's Not Even Cold Yet...Winter Transfers Already Heating Up

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 4, 2018.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juve is looking to have the clause in Bentancur's contract removed (the one where Boca gets a part of the fee of any future transfer) While that's great for the club, it kinda makes me think we're looking to cash in on him if he continues to improve. Why? Why not just keep him?

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How was he the best defender in the league in 2015? Chiellini and Boncci were better than he was that year. Yes, he managed to avoid any cards. Nice accomplishment, but it doesn't make him the best defender. You're posting bs just to back up your opinion

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What opinion? YOU'RE the one saying de Ligt is better. Chiellini, Rugani and Bonucci were in the Serie A team of the year in 2015 soooooo, you saying that Rugani never looked like the best defender in serie A at any point in his career is just straight up BULLSHIT

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said he was the best defender, he wasn't. Bonucci and Chiellini were better than him in 2015. You don't have to like it. Since joining Juve, Rugani hasn't even looked like the 3rd best central defender on the team. That's a fact.

5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't know if de Ligt is superior overall to Rugani right now, but he's been damn impressive throughout this CL campaign.

If those performances are anything to judge by, then I feel very safe in asserting the claim that de Ligt's ceiling is higher than Rugani's, and if he's not as good as the Italian is right now then it's just a matter of time.

If it's true that we're seriously interested in the Dutchman, there's a reason for it and once again, I'll trust Paratici with this one.

juveeer and Dante repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fabrizio Romano claims that Juve sent a scout to the Benfica-Porto game to monitor Alejandro Grimaldo, a Jorge Mendes client seen as a potential replacement to Alex Sandro. He's currently valued at around €35 million.

7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watched the Netherlands smack the Germans around like the little girls they are and de Ligt looked terrible. van Dijk scored.... In any case, I can't agree with paying 75m for him even if Paratici says so. Although I haven't seen enough to make the right assessment.

8. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't watch international football, so he certainly could have been disastrous. But based on what I've seen from only a very small sample of his club performances, he looks monstrous in the best way possible.

That 75m being mentioned is an even more extreme instance of the argument that surrounded Cancelo's signing. Personally, I think that kind of money is laughably stupid, but that the market these days: laughably stupid. So far Cancelo is paying back his price tag in spades.

So just because they're overpriced, does not necessarily mean that they aren't worth the money. Which is why I'm still willing to trust Paratici on this one, despite the ridiculous sum of money being quoted, should the rumors prove true.

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    The year before we picked up Rugani, he played as well as any central defender in the league. You can say whatever you like about the Eredivisie, but it is not objectively as strong as the Serie A--that a player does well in that league does not translate to him being a top player in any league.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said the Eredivisie is as strong as Serie A. Ligue 1 isn't as strong, yet they also produce good players that do well in other leagues. There's also enough of a history of the best players in Holland doing well in other, top leagues.

And my comment on Rugani still stands, he wasn't the best defender in the league at that time. He was certainly an excellent one, with lots of potential. Sadly, that hasn't translated into what Juve has hoped for so far.

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Ajax is my other team. Started with Cruyff.

Wish their games were easier to find.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN+ airs them

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Holland is going to be back sooner than you think. They have a lot of young talent all over the field now.

Italy is behind them right now in re-developing cause we don't seem to have anyone who can score goals. The midfields looking solid with the youngsters and I think Chiesa has promise too, but unless Bellotti finds his form again we don't have anyone who can knock in the chances being created by the midfield.

Holland has tons of exciting kids and attackers.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well...yes and no. They seem to be a bit erratic in their coverage.

But yes, the ones I have seen this year have been on ESPN+

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romeo Agresti claims that Juve are working to extend Moise Kean's contract, his current contract expires in 2020.

La Stampa claims that as well as de Ligt, Juve is also interested in Ajax's Frenkie De Jong.

CorSport claims that Juve could offer €35 million to sign Milenkovic.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They show games weekly, just not every game like they do with Serie A. It's usually games involving Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord.

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yeah, that is what I have found to be the case too.

I was hoping when I signed up we would get every Ajax game, but we don't.

Still it is better than what has been available in the past.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Momblano claims that one of Marotta's last acts was to secure an agreement with Lazio to sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in January 2019. The fee would be €110 million which would be payable over three years.

phat and gumbacicc repped this.
  19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Let's hope he is right because it looks like Pogs is going to Barca.

phat repped this.
  20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuttosport claims that Marcelo has told Real Madrid that he wants to leave this January and join up with Ronaldo at Juve. They claim that Pérez isn't happy, but would do it for €50-€60 million, a fee which they claim Juve would pay.

Tuttosport also claims that Juve would be willing to sell Alex Sandro this January to help finance the Marcelo move. Sandro and Juve are at a standstill on a contract extension, he reportedly wants €5 million a season, but Juve doesn't want to pay that much.

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That would be such an incredibly stupid move, going from a left back who can't defend to another left back who is even worse at defending.

cizko repped this.
  23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Marcelo is the better player, no doubt--but what sense does it make to go for a left back that would be cup tied if we're trying to win Champions League this season?

24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There is no more cup tie, they removed that from the CL. And Marcelo is better going forward, he will add nothing to the defensive side so it would be a pointless move

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Telegraph: Bonucci- "Manchester United pursued me this summer, but when I was told I could return to Juventus, I stopped listening to other offers" (he should have gone to Manchester)