It's Mbappening! - Transfers & Rumors Thread #8

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Aimar 21, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Credit to @Starwalker for the shit thread title.

I'm telling you, people on BS will be trying to get into the train when @YOUNGSTARS87 closes the doors:

[​IMG]

CR7PT, Deep Pal, RMSocrates and 14 others repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Thanks Aimar.

3. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    Now monaco are playing hard to get by denying and bringing up city talks all that because he has chosen us but not on monaco terms.

4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I don't know how to bring the qoutes from the other thread on the phone.

So is the club getting Mbappes image rights I assume then?

5. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I want him to have some preseason with us. I don't want another Luka Modric situation for an 18 yrs old kid.

djak_24 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What do you think of Lucas Perez from Arsenal as a plan B in case the Mbappe deal doesn't happen? He's been pretty unhappy there and i doubt he would cost a lot of money.

surgeon repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Going back to same rhetoric that's been said for 2 months? I hope Marca are right.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Real Madrid believe they are close to smashing the transfer world record for the 18-year-old France striker Kylian Mbappé, after reportedly reaching the basis of an agreement with Monaco that would see him head to the Santiago Bernabéu for a total fee of €180m (£161m). Monaco, though, have denied that they have agreed to the deal.

The Spanish newspaper Marca reported that Madrid and Monaco had agreed, in principle, a deal worth €160m plus a further €20m in objectives. Although Monaco denied that to the French newspaper Nice Matin, sources at the Spanish club insist they are optimistic that a definitive deal is close. Mbappé would join on a six-year deal worth around €7m a year.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/25/real-madrid-kylian-mbappe-monaco-world-record

I guess Sid Lowe's source is from RM as he appears for RM TV and is close to Phil Kitro.

Doni and Zidane05 repped this.
  9. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale out, Mbappe in.

madridista_hr and Hsain85 repped this.
  10. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How could that be a record in a world that Papa Neymar exists? Or was that in GoT universe? I don't know anymore.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    Lol that is a good one but bale at united would make them instant dangerous in the champions league as long as he can stay fit.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    As is standard, the club gets around 50% of the image rights usually.

Saeta Rubia and Eddie repped this.
  13. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    We better be getting more than 50%! :mad:

Isco hasn't renewed yet if we're losing him for Mbappe I will throw a fit!

saadomar repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Important for the wage structure: Marca's report says he will earn 7 mill net annually

15. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Instant dangerous? Let them first survive the group stage and have Bale healthy for 10 games a season. guy gonna get crushed with those butchers in the PL.

Arcticmandaly repped this.
  16. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pressure will be immense. The kid won't be allowed to grow as a player. People, especially the haters, will have unrealistic expectations and will point to the transfer fee every time he has a bad game, a bad stretch of games.

Hope it works out. He's young, he's dynamic.

Good thread title, by the way. His name reminds me of that Hanson song from the 90s.

RMSocrates, libertao and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Almost 0 chance Bale is leaving. I think it'll be someone like Lucas or one of the midfielders to leave.

Anon. repped this.
  18. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    180M for Mbappe is just too much, same stupidity as 105M for Pogba or 100M for Bale. Of all these high transfers only Cristiano Ronaldo was actually worth that 94M.

Mbappe is still too young man, so much can happen, 180 is too big of a risk. We thought we had another Ronaldo da Lima when we bought Benz at young stage, look how he turned out to be and that was only 35 million.

saadomar, Oscar and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably not happening but for sure this is one of the major things I am still waiting to hear about , unless I missed when it happened

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    On the other hand, we have the superstars to protect him for a couple of years. This team is in a period of success which is likely to continue. And the coach understands the responsibility of bringing the player up properly.

Doni and trts repped this.
  21. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    That is twice what asencio is earning and 1m euros more than the contract offered to isco but also i think more than caseimiro and marcelo.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lucas can go. Unless he plans on deputising as a RB then I think his time here is done. It's a shame he wasn't nearly as good for us last year.

23. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    The same butchers he played against and was the best player in the league twice come on i know he has been frustrating with his injuries but the guy is class whenever he can stay fit.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think Isco will leave. He's been helping Theo integrate to the squad according to reports. Even if we stick to 4-3-3 with Mbappe, Isco-Kroos-Casemiro midfield is possible in a year or two.

Yea, I don't expect major changes. Morata+James leaving opens up good space and Benz will be rotated more as he should have last year.

25. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He bulked HEAVILY, not even comparable to the player he was 3, 4 years ago. More injury prone now