Italy's Rumble in Brazil - Senatori Buffon, DeRossi vs. Prandelli, Balotelli, Cassano

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Kqql, Jul 2, 2014.

1. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Message on Instagram from Balotelli for all the haters:

[​IMG]

"Kiss to all who hate me"

LGRod repped this.
  2. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think we have had enough signs of "maturity" from Mario. E' ora di mollarlo.

LGRod repped this.
  3. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    agree, he's a total idiot, football (doing his job) couldnt be any further on his mind

LGRod, Kqql and jerrito repped this.
  4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #29 Kqql, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    COLORIAMO D'AZZURRO IL SOGNO MONDIALE
    Let’s paint the FIFA World Cup dream blue

[​IMG]

=

Nope... Try Again...

LGRod repped this.
  5. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think you're being a but harsh. Yes his reaction was pretty stupid, because it will just give more ammunition (hehe) to his detractors but there are 23 guys who should be shouldering the blame and he seems to be getting a disproportionate amount.

jerrito and Romanista_NYC repped this.
  6. Romanista_NYC

Romanista_NYC Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Basel, Switzerland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

LGRod and ihatewaiting4years repped this.
  7. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    thing is my post wasnt about putting blame on him for the wc failure, but purely down to the fact he is thick as shit.

do not forget he gave prandelli lip at half time, now kids who idolise him are gonna think guns are cool, he is stupid to think that photo wouldnt bring critism and if he did know then he is even more stupid, he needs to start setting an example because he isnt doing it on the field much either, he doesnt have great movement too so should he be the focal point of the national team?

and has been given everything on a plate, he needs to start having goals and dreams, he reached all his boyhood dreams when he was still a boy, pro footy player in the top division for the no.1 club at the time and loads of money and fame, when he should have still been worrying if he would reach his dreams

8. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And others like Marchisio spent too much time keeping him calm at the European Cup and Confederations Cup already. Enough of this. If I was the CT I would tell him he could come back to the Azzurri only if he can play half of a campionato without a yellow card or being in a newspaper for the wrong reason.

el napulitan repped this.
  9. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    DDR was right about one thing, we need men

10. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe if he is given an enforced rest, with Rossi taking his place for a while that may be the wake up call he needs.

el napulitan and jerrito repped this.
  11. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agree. It seems to me that Mario needs a little umilta'. :notworthy:

totti fan repped this.
  12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #37 Kqql, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    Balo: Yes he needs to improve his attitude and the next manager may not put up with him,
    but he was not the reason Italy crashed @ WC.
    It was due to Prandelli selections, his rubbish tactics and the lack of creativity from
    the midfield, especially in the final third.

Scorp redded and jerrito repped this.
  13. ITALIA1982

ITALIA1982 Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Absolutely !! he was the reason we won the first game
    the reason we lost in the group stage is that we won the most important game the opening vs England coupled with Uruguay loss to costa rica was a recipe for disaster !!!
    Prandelli simply assumed we qualified and took his foot off the gas pedal,

jerrito repped this.
  14. ITALIA1982

ITALIA1982 Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan

15. Toro89

Toro89 Member+

Jul 6, 2014
    Southern Italy
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Stop Senatori! I wanna new Italy.

jerrito repped this.
  16. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There was more than one reason we went out. But we can not go into these big matches worrying if he will make it 90 minutes or do something stupid. He looked like he was not focusing on his play but on his anger at being fouled. In other matches we seem look as if he has lost interest. With Mario you will always have moments of brilliance, but after this tragedy I would prefer a player with slightly less talent and much better attitude. Again, I say eleven Italians playing for each other are the reason we have quattro stelle.

Calcio Pauly, el napulitan and Kqql repped this.
  17. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #42 Kqql, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

Prandelli: «Non sono scappato,
    la verità è che in Italia manca amore

http://www.corriere.it/sport/14_lug...re-93ab0be6-1092-11e4-beef-e3441e67d81c.shtml

=

Prandelli: I did not escape Italy

“In recent days I have been reflecting much and I was reminded that in the life of a professional there are ups and downs, but these are the highs and lows of the privileged,” Prandelli has told today’s edition of the Corriere della Sera.

“The attacks that have been made against me have been cruel, but I do not have to feel like a victim.

“From one to 10, the stress for the World Cup adventure was more than 10.
    I’m not talking about professional stress, and there was some harsh criticism.

“But when I read and hear some personal attacks…I was hurt most by accusations of escaping.
    The idea that I had escaped. That’s not true.

http://www.football-italia.net/52407/prandelli-i-did-not-escape-Italy

=

Prandelli: Mario far from reality
    Cesare Prandelli says Mario Balotelli is ‘not a bad guy’ but that: “he lives in a dimension that is far from reality.”
    http://www.football-italia.net/52408/prandelli-mario-far-reality

=

‘Italy’s technical project failed’

“It is also a humiliation in seeing our Italy struggle in all areas, unfortunately.
    It is the project that did not work,” Prandelli has told the Corriere della Sera in a lengthy interview.

“We thought to play in a certain way and we did not succeed.

We thought we would embarrass Costa Rica
    and
    we did not.

“We had Cerci, Insigne, Cassano, Balotelli, four strikers who in the League had shown their value.

We were unable to create a chance at goal and were caught offside 12 times.

“I put on those four and thought to win the game. And again, I failed.

“This was the technical project and it has failed.
    The responsibility is mine. The League gave me directions and I tried to follow them.

“I thought, with quality people in the field, we would easily find movement and depth with the wingers.

“With Montolivo and Giuseppe Rossi the squad had demonstrated a good identity.
    After the injuries, we had to change it.”

http://www.football-italia.net/52409/‘italy’s-technical-project-failed’

=​

Prandelli comments confirm.
    Italy crashed @ WC was due to his selections, rubbish tactics, overconfidence, lack of creativity from the midfield especially in the final third, and being the slowest team at WC due to new fitness training/diet chosen.

=

Prandelli: "We thought we would embarrass Costa Rica and we did not".
    :rolleyes:

Let's See...

Costa Rica 3-1 USA
    USA 3-0 Costa Rica
    2012 Concacaf team USA vs. Italy

Uruguay 1-3 Costa Rica
    Costa Rica 1-0 Italy
    http://www.espnfc.com/video/latest-..._cid=espnapi_affiliate_Google_World_Cup_Video

Scorp redded, jerrito and el napulitan repped this.
  18. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We thought we would embarrass Costa Rica
    and
    we did not.

all week before that game we were saying they better not snub costa rica, all week they the press wrote they should not underestimate them or aproach the game the way we always do with these minnows,

after the game it was apparent we thought we could just turn up, i was so disgusted with their attitude,

not to put blame on balo but his ego is big enough as it is so you can imagine he thought he could beat them with his bootlaces tied together, prob why he missed those easy-ish chances too

Calcio Pauly, jerrito and Kqql repped this.
  19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  20. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #45 Kqql, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    Italy finished #22 @ the WC 2014

Earned €6 million from Fifa and spend €5.5 million (from May 20 to June 26)

=

“Prandelli is meticulous and the staff leaves nothing to chance.
    We have to verify the conditions of the players compared to the tests we performed
    in April and reach a high level of fitness.”

“Cassano is in great shape, as he is training very well with great effort.
    He is very motivated. Could he last 90 minutes in the temperatures of Brazil?
    Theoretically yes, then the opinion of the Coach is fundamental.

In any case, there are some truly very unusual environmental conditions there.”
    Because of that, Castellacci has had the Azzurri training in a specially-constructed sauna.

Italy also hired a Japanese sports therapist who worked with West Ham and Fiorentina,
    while Castellacci confirmed the meals will be light and hydrating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LGRod repped this.
  21. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Cassano has convincingly rubbished all of these stories of him being a disruptive influence in a recent interview.
    He disappointed me on the pitch, but Prandelli did not give him much platform for success, as was true for many players. There is much blame to go around, but Cassano haters are just spewing their usual bias.

el napulitan and totti fan repped this.
  22. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #47 Kqql, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    For sensitive fan boys of player/s at the WC 2014:
    - This thread is about what has been reported by media, players, friends, etc.
    - This thread is not about love/hate of any player.

Fact Remains:
    - Italy finished # 22 at WC 2014
    - Italy were the slowest team in WC.
    - Italy had 2 shots on goal vs. Costa Rica
    - Italy had 1 shot on goal vs. Uruguay.

- Cassano had a falling out with team and Prandelli @ Euro 12, hence he
    was never called since Euro 2012.
    In Polonia c’erano Cassano, Di Natale, Giovinco, Borini. Ma con il primo
    (“Ho possibilità zero di andare al mondiale”, la consapevolezza del barese)
    ci sarebbe tutto un rapporto con la nazionale, non solo con Prandelli, da ricostruire.

- Prandelli changed his mind in April of 2014 and decided to bet on Cassano.
    and some Senators were not happy with his decision.

- Director of the Portobello Safari Resort in Mangaratiba on Cassano.
    “Cassano was out of control. The cleaning lady went up there to clean the
    room, which is necessary, and he shouted in her face. He’s not normal in the head.”

-Immobile's dad:
    “He wasn’t himself in Brazil, the player I know,” he said.
    “Against Uruguay I saw him run little, and badly. He wasn’t in the best physical shape.
    “Do you really want me to say it? In my opinion the athletic preparation was not right.
    In Brazil the heat has made all the teams suffer, but up until now I have seen the other
    teams run and score goals galore while Italy walked and puffed and panted.

“There were too many internal squabbles within the dressing room and the results
    were seen.”

Verratti:
    "Partendo dal prato, Verratti s’è ritrovato in formazione «solo per l’infortunio di Montolivo»,
    sostiene un amico del regista del Psg, altrimenti avrebbe rischiato di non giocare neppure un minuto.
    Tra i migliori contro l’Uruguay, il centrocampista era invece stato escluso con la Costa Rica,
    per farlo rifiatare: Eppure Marco stava bene."

http://www.lastampa.it/2014/06/26/s...-prandelli-G3mGlfinPz8BrKAMAgu5LP/pagina.html

IMO Reason Italy crashed @ WC.
    Due to Prandelli selections, his rubbish tactics and the lack of creativity from
    the midfield, especially in the final third.

jerrito repped this.
  23. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    99% of what is "reported by media, fans, etc." is 100% bullshit. A cleaning lady in Brazil, FML.

24. Toro89

Toro89 Member+

Jul 6, 2014
    Southern Italy
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Young people,please.

25. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sometimes it is easier for me to say it in Italian and translate after...

Il termine "senatori" e' gia una presa in giro quando si considera che in Italia i politici sono dei cornuti corrotti fino alle ossa. Bisogna rispettare sempre giocatori come Buffon, Pirlo, De Rossi, gente che ha sputato sangue per la maglia azzurra. Dare la colpa a loro per il disastro del Mondiale non e solo sciocco, ma manca di rispetto per quelli che con grande umilta' hanno dato tutto per la patria, almeno nel ambito sportivo.

Il bersaglio dei giovani sarebbe dovuto essere di osservare questi grandi del calcio Azzurro, campioni del Mondo, giocatori che hanno piu' di una volta trascinato l'Italia verso risultati improbabili, e di imparare come ci si comporta in modo professionale e' con orgoglio, sempre pensando al modo migliore di rappresentare un paese che ha dato tantissimo all civililta' del mondo. I nostri giovani hanno mancato il bersaglio qui.

Quindi, prima di gridare "largo ai giovani" come un coro di matti, ricordiamoci di chi stiamo parlando. Non e' questione di trovare ragazzini per mettere nella casacca azzurra, ma di trovare quei giovani che possono crescere senza pensare di essere gia' al vertice del calcio.

Translation:

The term "senators" is already a mockery when you consider that in Italy all politicians corrupt down to their bones. One must always respect players like Buffon, Pirlo, De Rossi, people who have spit blood for the azzurri shirt. To blame them for the World Cup disaster is not only silly, but lacks respect for those who with great humility have given everything for their nation, at least from a sporting perspective.

The target for the young azzurri players should have been to observe these greats of Italian football, champions of the world, players who more than once dragged Italy toward improbable targets, and to learn how you behave in a manner that is professional and with pride, always thinking of the best way to represent a country which has given so much to civilization in the world. Our youngsters missed the target here.

Therefore, before we begin yelling "bring on the youngsters" like a chorus of crazy people, let us remember who we are talking about. It is not a question of finding children to put in an azzurri kit, but to find the young players who can grow without believing that they have already reached the peak of football.