Italy's final 23 man roster for Brazil 2014...

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by falvo, Nov 13, 2013.

1. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also would like to see key passes received.

2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Can I get you a coffee too? :coffee:

totti fan repped this.
  3. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you probably need it more than me

4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's in the IV at the moment...I'm currently listening to a podcast by some other experts. They know who they are. Funny shizz boys. I like the Trabzonspor comment, and agree with A-Rod's comment on Holland. They may lose to Chile as part of their theme but play on pure emotion vs Spain and it depends if their empanadas are spicey or not.

5. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Un cappuccino per piacere. E magari un cornettto. Ma non quello semplice, preferisco quello con la crema. Se hai un momento, per favore leggimi la gazzetta di oggi mentre mi fumo un bel sigaro dopo.

Calcio Pauly and indestructible repped this.
  6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    A chi somiglia? Forse Benitez? :mad:

TifosoRoma and jerrito repped this.
  7. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #3207 el napulitan, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    you said toni is dominating serie A and im the one who doesnt make sense lol.

No.

8. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I bet if it was Luca Toni in a dress, he'd have zero problems with your avy

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  10. Unico10

Unico10 Member

Nov 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Interesting stats.

I am curious, do they provide definitions?

Some stuff is clearly not subjective (goals scored, passes completed, shots taken, cards, etc...), but some are quite subjective or can lead to different conclusions.

As for example what constitutes a "chance" and how to define which player creates the chance (the player passing... the one dribbling... the one running into space... or all of them?)

Also interesting is shot accuracy. I am assuming it means "on frame".... but a player can be 100% accurate if taking off a bit of power and never score. So is it meaningful? (Insigne 45% accurate with 83 shots taken and 3 goals scored)

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Those stats really do give an idea of what a dangerman Cassano is. He makes chances for breakfast, it all comes down to whether his teammates can put them away... and he'll chip in a few goals himself with a rather high rate of efficiency. The downside is he's not going to make tackles for you and he gives the ball away cheaply when his bag of tricks comes up dry. All what we know from watching him, is fairly well shown by these in-depth stats. Interesting stuff.

12. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What we know is that because of his brain he has to be one of the greatest underachievers in history. He's a should have been.

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Or a soon-to-be

La Magica, el napulitan and jerrito repped this.
  14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's his last chance!

Can you imagine Cassano has a 1986 Maradona level tournament.

Not likely to happen, but one can dream

totti fan, jerrito and FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  15. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Cassano is beautiful

16. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    this is his 1st world cup! crazy, i remember watching him at bari when he was 17, the things he was doing were fantastic, it was the accuracy of his ground passes that really impressed me, i remember in one game vs roma he had about 5 players literally in a circle around him trying to get the ball off him and he just held them of and casually made a tidy pass to a teammate when he was in, think he could have done with staying at bari for another 3 or 4 years or at least madrid staying away from him

17. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mezzo vuoto. :(

Mezzo pieno! :)

Deleted User x repped this.
  18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Key chances would be setting up a goal scoring opportunity and not just a random pass in midfield to create space.

Yes accuracy is on net.

19. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma

Cesare Prandelli is glad Italy's critics can't work out his formation, insisting he wants an unpredictable Azzurri...http://www.football-italia.net/50158/prandelli-wants-azzurri-unpredictability…

Cesare Prandelli says Italy will not be scared of their critics when they take on Fluminense on Sunday...http://www.football-italia.net/50159/%E2%80%98azzurri-won%E2%80%99t-be-scared%E2%80%99…

Cesare Prandelli says a positive attitude and pride are prerequisites in order to create a winning team...http://www.football-italia.net/50160/prandelli-positivity-key…

Cesare Prandelli is adamant Mario Balotelli should not place too much of a burden upon himself at the World Cup...http://www.football-italia.net/50161/%E2%80%98balo-should-do-his-job%E2%80%99…

Cesare Prandelli has reacted with caution to Jose Mourinho’s prediction that Italy will reach the World Cup final...http://www.football-italia.net/50162/%E2%80%98long-live-mourinho%E2%80%99…

Calcio Pauly and jerrito repped this.
  20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Luca Toni the most talked about name on this thread, how very very sad. The big gimp couldn't do it when he was in his prime

ArtemioD and indestructible repped this.
  21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  22. itysoccervideo

Jun 6, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    interesting stats
    verratti the fewest key pass @@

23. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My opinion on Verratti has changed. I had no idea that his average pass only traveled 17.24 meters. That is clearly unworthy of a national team player and we should send him home immediately.

gumbacicc, Calcio Pauly, meazza and 3 others repped this.
  24. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In the World Cup if he can create at least 2 chances per game or score a goal I'm prepared to eat my words.

Calcio Pauly and jerrito repped this.
  25. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    no way darmian has 100% pass success, unless he only passed once, is abate really the best we've got on the right? a guy converted to an RB because his club has no dolla,

P.S some of you guys are placing way to much importance on statistics, they are not the be all and end all, toni=20 goals, higgy=17 goals, who in their right mind would take tomi over higgy? next we're going to scale it down to who passes wind most and who had the most silent but violent ones

jerrito, vesuviani and FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.