Italy vs Liechtenstein (Away), and Friendly vs Germany (Home)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    You could see the rust on Zaza. His touch was not good today. I see what you guys mean about his hustle, though.
    @Rosay You called it. He did see some minutes this game.

Rosay repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You know, not sure if you are being facetious or not but I can't ever remember Italy scoring and /or winning by 5 goals in a game. I'm sure someone can come up with a few games here and there but Italia will always be Italia and they've never been a high goal scoring team. Not even against Malta or San Marino.

Rosay repped this.
  3. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When was the last time you saw Italy push forward that aggressively with that many players in the box. the Italian team pre-2006 never committed that many players forward. Belotti looked like he lacked hunger in the second half just because he had already scored a couple goals. Every goal Inzaghi scored was like goal of the year the amount it meant to him.

Rosay repped this.
  4. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Missed the game due to work but I recorded it and will watch it when I get home tonight

5. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How did Zappacosta play? Heard Romagnoli got an assist today

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't really remember Italy ever winning big in a euro or WCQ or finals. Not with Delpiero, Totti, Inzaghi, Vieri , Totti or Toni. I remember them beating Ukraine 3-0 in 2006 World Cup but that is all I can remember.

7. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    made some good runs down the right. frequently beat his player, delivery into the box a bit hit and miss though.

Deleted User x and Rosay repped this.
  8. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Didn't we beat Wales 4-0 in a Euro 2004 qualifier?

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You are right. I was in Calabria at the time coming back from my month long stay at the beach and in the mountains.....

How I miss Italy! :thumbsup:

upload_2016-11-12_18-51-18.png

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That 3:1 shellacking of West Germany back in the early 80's was pretty good. If Cabrini did not kick the turf on his penalty, it would have been better.

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The only good that today's match provided other than the 3 points and some extra goals was building of confidence. But we were not tested and overconfidence can backfire. I don't know if a friendly is going to help matters.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah that was good but it still wasn't a 4-5 goal win.....

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am sure you have read the story about Cabrini being distraught at halftime for missing the penalty. I can't remember if it was Tardelli or Scirea who told them not to worry about it, the Germans were spent and had nothing left in their legs.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At halftime, Italian players surrounded Cabrini and told him to carry on. The Germans couldn't do nothing that day. Sweeper Uli Stielike yelled at his coach Jupp Derwall and wanted to play midfield but he refused.

15. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    #40 mikeyjames, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Yes and you will see how doo doo Zaza is hahaha didn't you say he would score and shut everybody up hahaha Only thing he does is run around nonstop. Might as well just call up a runner on on the Italian track team. The guy couldn't even play against these lower league scrubs. Now everybody should understand why juve is trying to dump him on any sucker. I would like to know who is ventura's dealer cuz he was smoking some serious high grade when he gave Zaza a call up. As my lil bro would say. Zaza is booty juice. #serieBlevelplayer #Chinabound

16. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Italy had a great first half and then completely dropped intensity in the second half. Belotti and Immobile combined for another three goals, and have established themselves as the two starting center forwards for Italy from here on out. Eder and Zaza looked like garbage when they came in, Insigne was only slightly better. Candreva was his usual wonderful self. Bonaventura wasn't as strong on the left, but he did fine overall. Both Zappacosta and De Sciglio did well on their respective flanks. Romagnoli and Bonucci were okay with the little they had to do, while Verratti and De Rossi completely controlled the midfield. Buffon had one nice moment, but otherwise was mostly a spectator. Great first half, ho hum second.

17. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Italy beat faroe.island 5-0 in 2010.I have never seen Italy beat a team 6-0 or more. Every other major team seems to smash these small teams but us. Really annoying in my opinion. Portugal already has 2 6-0 wins. Giovinco would have scored 6 himself!

falvo repped this.
  18. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, it is annoying, because such teams should be really brushed aside.

Italy's mantra seems to be, "better to win 5 games 1:0 than one game 5:0!"

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #44 falvo, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Giovinco couldn't have because "MLS is played at a much lower level" than Liechtenstein. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As I stated previously, with a few exceptions, its been that way with the Italian national team for as long as I remember. Luckily you only need to win 1-0 but when it comes to tie breakers and winning groups , more goals or goal differences matter. Italy should qualify as they always do but coming in second will not guarantee you a spot in the WC finals...

upload_2016-11-13_5-14-25.png

Hulk_Hogan_Italia repped this.
  20. thorus

thorus Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    For once, the Brits were right. Zaza has the touch of an elephant in a china shop.

If he deserves to be on the team for hustle, then, so does Giaccherini...or, once upon a time, Simone Pepe.

Hulk_Hogan_Italia repped this.
  21. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Considering we struggled to beat Faroe Islands a few years back on the road, I'll take the 4-0 win. It could have been 8-0 easily and we needed the extra goals to try to catch Spain.

Nice to see a young team though with energy really taking it to an inferior opponent rather than just cruising at 1-0. Belotti and Immobile certainly have a nice chemistry. Candreva is vital on the flank. I thought Bonaventura had his best game as an Azzurro. Ironically, I thought Verratti was subpar in the first half and great in the second, but the team flubbed a lot of the chances he created. Romagnoli and Bonucci didn't have much to do.

Zappacosta is a nice solution when you need a more offensive terzino. He has nice pace and really puts pressure on defenses.

Eder and Zaza were terrible. I don't get those subs.

The best part of last night was the average age of the team. It has to be the youngest team we've fielded a long long time. In this regard, Ventura is doing his job.

Rosay repped this.
  22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well we had a great game, but I must say I really cannot wait for Berardi to join this team. He is strong, has a lot of pace, and can track back really well.

I think Berardi and Bernardeschi are our best choices on the flanks with Candreva as a really close third. Then Insigne and Bonaventura are a few steps below them. If we will play Insigne we really should use him as a second striker because he is not the type of winger who can track back and help with defending, and also since he is a small person, he can get completely outstrengthed which can be vital when trying to help with defending. Also Insigne is not having a really good season at the moment.

23. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Are you from Jersey Shore by any chance?

24. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Zaza to score against Germany

25. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's from anti-Zazaville, population mikeyjames.

totti fan repped this.