Italy vs France (Friendly) and Italy vs Israel

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So its time to start in the new Ventura Era. Here is his squad:

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Donnarumma (Milan), Marchetti (Lazio)

Defenders: Antonelli (Milan), Astori (Fiorentina), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), De Sciglio (Milan), Ogbonna (West Ham), Romagnoli (Milan), Rugani (Juventus)

Midfielders: Bernardeschi (Fiorentina), Bonaventura (Milan), Candreva (Inter), De Rossi (Roma), Florenzi (Roma), Montolivo (Milan), Parolo (Lazio), Verratti (PSG)

Forwards: Belotti (Torino), Eder (Inter), Gabbiadini (Napoli), Immobile (Lazio), Pavoletti (Genoa), Pellè (Shandong Luneng)

Now where the hell is Insigne, El Shaarawy, Giacherinni, and Darmian? Darmian is understandable, but still Insigne and SES are still young players and have a lot to give, especially Insigne. Are they injured or something? I have been behind during the summer and have not been keeping up with all the news, so maybe there is something I am missing. Giacherinni was arguably one of our best players at Euro 2016.

So what do you all think guys?

Rosay and federicoturano repped this.
  2. federicoturano

Aug 7, 2015
    I agree with you, maybe is because they didn't play so good the first day of the championship

Inviato dal mio GT-I8190N utilizzando Tapatalk

3. thorus

thorus Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Squad looks OK, though I don't get the inclusion, again, of Montolivo.

Would like to see if Giovinco and/or G. Rossi can be given another shot at the NT.

4. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Glad Romagnoli got the call along with Bonaventura. Montolivo is back in Azzurri blue which is only right. Curious to see how Ventura will lineup up his men. He should start Donnarumma against France in the friendly

totti fan repped this.
  5. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Giaccherini is injured I believe

6. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Also great to see Verratti back as well

Deleted User x repped this.
  7. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Looks like Barzagli didn't retire after all. And glad to see Pelle is still part of the plans.

totti fan and Rosay repped this.
  8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I doubt it, Pelle is probably on his last games, and will not be there in the future.

federicoturano and Rosay repped this.
  9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Ventura will use a 3-5-2 like Conte did. I have read a lot of rumors that Gabbiadini is Ventura's player. Just like Lippi has his Iaquinta, Prandelli has his Balotelli, Conte has his Eder, and Ventura has his Gabbiadini.

Maybe this way:

-Eder-Gabbiadini-
    -De Sciglio-Parolo-De Rossi-Verratti-Candreva-
    -Chiellini-Bonucci-Barzagli-
    -Buffon-
    This is just a complete guess based on rumors I have read.

10. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #10 Nek Sanalet, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    The squad looks good. Ventura took a huge step in the right direction with many of his selections like Belotti, Rugani, Bonaventura, Donnarumma, Gabbs, Pavoletti, and Romagnoli....who Conte all basically ignored.

Hopefully, Berardi, Zappacosta, Jorginho, Benassi, Baselli, and Saponara can make their mark on the squad eventually. The first four are locks in the immediate future.

Insigne deserves to be dropped. Hasn't played well in a while domestically, and his contract demands with Napoli make him look extremely bad/selfish. I've never rated El Shaaraway, it seems Ventura doesn't either. I guess he will go with Bernardeschi/Bonaventura in a high position on the left. I have made this point in the past, that both those latter players are superior anyway. Good to see my picks on the left come to fruition.

Zaza is not national team material...especially with the emergence of Belotti. Good to see him dropped. Giovinco and Rossi will probably never make the squad again. Giacc is hurt...though I assume Ventura rather go with better talent anyway.

11. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not a big fan of staying locked into 3-5-2. It was built for Pirlo and hasn't been all that successful. Hope Ventura begins to experiment a little.

St. Michael's Sword and Rosay repped this.
  12. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He will but since Spain is in our group, we can't experiment right now.

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I kind of wonder if we could try something like this:

-Belotti-Berardi-
    -Bernardeschi-Marchisio-Verratti-Candreva-
    -De Sciglio-Chiellini-Bonucci-Florenzi-
    -Buffon-​

14. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Berardi didn't get called.

15. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this is one of the dream formations he comes up with while jacking off in the shower... no one actually needs to be formally called by Ventura in this scenario haha

phat and Rosay repped this.
  16. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe. Based on the based on the players coming through, I can see (in future) 4-3-(3) as the base.

Bernadeschi/Insigne/Saponara - Belotti/Pavoletti - Berardi/Candreva
    Bonaventura/Verratti - Marchisio/DeRossi - Bennassi/Baselli
    --Back 4-- ​

17. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    :ROFLMAO:

18. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I can also see a 3 4 3 happening with De Sciglio pushed to midfield and the Juve 3 in the back with Buffon. I think that El Shaar probably has that third spot on the left over Saponara (who no Italian coach seems to rate), but that Bonaventura could get time there as well. Ventura leaving out Insigne is telling IMO. It might be due to the fact that a 3 5 2 is not kind to less versatile wide players, or that his behavior (and his agent's) is becoming a distraction.

19. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Oh yeah, forgot about El Shaar. Saponara I put there in case of a trequartista/christmas tree 1-2/2-1 variation.

RE: 3 at the back. The thing i don't like is that it's hard to ever dominate/control a game with 3 CBs out there... (when Guardiola/Germany does it, they use a midfielder). Even Juve ditches it in CL games. Sure, it's a good variation to have but we'll soon have the talent to be a more proactive team.

20. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Guys Ventura just called me and said Insigne is never making the team as it was all his fault Italy got knocked out in the Euro

21. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i am bit lazy, can someone do me a favour to list all who are out from conte's euro squad in this ventura's team? e.g. insigne, zaza, etc

22. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Sirigu
    Insigne
    Zaza
    Darmian
    Giaccherini
    El Shaarawy
    T.Motta

AlbertoAlbino repped this.
  23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I meant in the future, not for these coming games.

24. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I hear ya.

And with Candreva killing his career by going to Inter, we'll hopefully see Berardi sooner than later.

25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, however I don't think Candreva and Berardi are exactly the same type of player. Berardi is more of a winger that attacks but can track back really well. Candreva is more like a midfielder that assists but doesn't score himself too often. But yeah they can both play in the same positions, and I agree Candreva could be ruining his career.

I really hope to see Berardi and Bernardeschi really step up their game and be world class players. If we could have a front three of Bernardeschi-Belotti-Berardi that would be amazing as well, or as I mentioned earlier we could do the 4-4-2 because Bernardeschi is a good player out wide as well.

I am not sure what to expect from Saponara, but I hope he will succeed and we can use him as well.