Alert: Italy vs Croatia Match thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by FORZA NAPOLI <3, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why do i even post in the nat team section this place is getting worse than an MLS thread dont make me start using my mod powers in here....

2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah Zenga18 woke up today and thought it was 2012 still where Balotelli scored a brace on Germany and made Montolivo look world class.

el napulitan and FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  3. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Just saw this as I only now got back from my weekly Klan meeting. Yeah, I guess I'm racist for not wanting a striker that doesn't score any goals for his club on Italy's national team. I mean o goals is better than -1 goals right??? And what about all his 0 assists for Liverpool in the EPL. I must hate the black Italian with all those impressive statistics staring me right in the face (and his impressive work rate). And I guess I'm also racist towards Neapolitans for slagging Insigne before the World Cup, or short people since I rag on Giovinco for never getting off the bench, or tall people because I didn't want Toni at Brazil.

el napulitan, whill4, jerrito and 2 others repped this.
  4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You must really hate insigne then, he's from Naples and a midget.

5. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This side needs more midgets.

Scorp redded repped this.
  6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It just needs more brains.

7. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Get the coaching staff to read this forum. Problem solved!!

Nek Sanalet repped this.
  8. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How about we put a plate of "pasta fazool" near the opponents goal and play only small Neapolitans for a game.

La Magica repped this.
  9. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sure why not with the depth of talent at the NTs disposal I'm certain we would still win.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It does seem to appear Conte needs help picking players that fit

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]
    make it and they will come....

12. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You need to have faith in the "project".
    The attitude of the players is of paramount importance. It is more important then fitness, experience, ability etc.

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And form musn't forget form

14. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    @Sal mother is to blame

Sal repped this.
  15. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The key player that the squad is missing is the attacking mid/creative winger type of player. Nothing to do with declining league, or money or fans... we just haven't produced anything this generation.

Prandelli tried to compensate by overloading creative players (but they were all slow), and now Conte's going in the opposite direction.

At least Conte looks like he's going to start experimenting. Unlike Juve, he can't blame the limited squad... now he's got all Italy to choose from!

afar repped this.
  16. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I am hoping Verratti-Insigne nucleus will help in the creativity department.

17. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    #242 mikeyjames, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    lol at people rating immobile.

[​IMG]

what has immobile ever done in a Italy jersey ? show me his production, show me his assist numbers, show me his goal count in a Italy jersey, he was GARBAGE at the world cup and got a pass and he's still HOT DOO DOO NOW! every time i see this guy play he's always offside, his control is poor because he can't keep the ball close to his body and 95% of his shots are either wide or over the bar.. i understand some people like his work rate off the ball but if thats the case there are Serie B players that can give you the same effort and just run around. immobile should be the first player dropped from the squad. At this point i have more faith in old man di natale than i do in immobile. he was the worst player on the team vs Croatia and nobody in the media called him out. this guy hasn't scored a goal in any competitive matches for Italy. he has 1 goal in 8 games and that goal came in a friendly.he couldn't even net 1 goal againt the scrub teams we played earlier in qualification. you can say whatever you like but numbers don't lie. show me his assist numbers in a Italy jersey.

if we needed somebody to just run around and do nothing else we should called up 1 of these scrubs!

[​IMG]

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I feel like I just lost some brain cells.....

19. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    #244 mikeyjames, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    i don't get your point about not wanting balo because he doesn't have goals with his club team. immobile only has 2 goals himself. like i've said if you're going to base this on goals then both immobile and zaza should not be on the team.. if you're going to base this on goals then conte should have called up the top scoring Italian strikers in serie A along with palle. balotelli, immobile and zaza should all be home if this is based on scoring. for some reason you seem to look pass the fact that immobile and zaza are not scoring much either. you just focus on balotelli's lack of scoring and you completely ignore the other strikers on the team.. something is very suspect about that. destro,old man toni, osvaldo, gabbiaddini, Quagliarella, old man di natale ect.. all got more goals than balo, zaza and immobile. you're not basing this on goals which is why he called you out.

your reason for not wanting balo to be on the team has nothing to do with production and it's clear as day. when you can single out 1 striker and base your whole argument on the fact that he's not scoring, while completely ignoring the other strikers thats not scoring much either. thats when we have to question your reason for not wanting that player on the team. if this was about giving players thats scoring a fair shot then destro, quagliarella and gabbiaddini should be above zaza and immobile. yet you only find issues with balotelli's spot. you can't blame him for suspecting race having something to do with this.

20. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Do you not read any of my other comments. I didn't want either Zaza or Immobile to play in these fixtures. I've been saying for weeks now that Zaza is not national team material, that Berardi is the better forward at Sassuolo, etc. Please read my comments at least before insinuating that I'm somehow racist for not wanting Balotelli on the team. "Toronto Soccer" ribbed me in another post for constantly bringing up Giabbiadini, and here you are claiming that I'm somehow prejudice for not mentioning him. If your going to attack me, at least get it right. I said as soon as Conte's picks came out that Zaza, Balotelli, Immobile, and Giovinco should not have been on the team over Destro, Berardi, and Gabbiadini. If you even bothered reading any of my comments, you would of known that. It has nothing to do with race. If you read my comments before the WC, I was all for Balotelli going to Brazil even though he played poorly for my team Milan. I am consistent with who should make the Azzurri and who shouldn't. I'm a strong believer in club form dictating who plays these qualifiers. So your whole comment is nonsense and without merit. I have not singled out one player but actually bemoaned every forward Conte took other than Pelle for Croatia. You are confusing me with other posters. I should just ignore you from now on because you are either trolling me or retarded.

"your reason for not wanting balo to be on the team has nothing to do with production"

What production!!!!!! He has 0 goals and 0 assists!!!!

La Magica repped this.
  21. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    for the most part i see you speaking on balotelli more than any other player and thats a fact! 2nd to be technical balotelli actually has 2 goals which is not much. balotelli doesn't deserve to to be on this team but why is he the biggest talking point when there are at least 3 players with crap production thats always in the squad. immobile has been the worst out of all the strikers and he's always in the starting 11. the guy had 1 of the worst game's i've seen from a Italian striker since balotelli's melt down and he got a complete pass. is the media questioning his spot ? no! only a few people on here pointed out how sh*t this guy has been. i've only notice a few people on here that actually pointed out that if balotelli had a game like immobile did he would have gotten destroyed on here and in the media!! for far to long immobile has been getting a free pass and i have no clue why. he's not producing at club level and he has no goals in any competitive game for italy.. if any player on this team should be the talking point it should be him. with balotelli he's not producing at club level but the reason some people might be willing to give him another shot is because he actually produced for the national team in the past. out of all the strikers on the squad he has the most goals and he hasn't played a international game since the world cup.

22. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    this post is such a joke, go have a word with yourself mate, also immobile tries wether he succeeds or not, balo just thinks he's above breaking a sweat.

i remember when he made his debut for roma at 16, his talat was his physique. he is not a guy who is gonna take us anywhere, i have no hope in him, perhaps he will prove me wrong but i just see us on here turfin him out on his arse after a few games of disappoint.

as for balotelli, just go read what conte said today, it was clearly about balo (who seams to have been sent home for reasons other than injury) he was dropped from the squad then gets recalled and he thinks he can still show a lack of desire and will, the guy is a born loser, and im someone who always defended him (until that twitter pic of a rifle)

23. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    You will not silence any differing opinions by throwing out the race card. Balotelli is not above criticism.

24. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FREE BALO!!!!!

25. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys, guys,guys you are overcomplicating what is really very simple to understand.
    All that matters is who scores the most goals and provides the most assists.
    Does it really matter if they're a prima punta, seconda punta, trequartista, tall, short, skinny, ugly?
    FFS If Chiellini can score 3 like he did the other day we should consider putting him up front.

I've put together a relatively straight forward and even easier to operate model which takes into consideration all of the vital statistics to produce a fool proof method for striker selection.
    It is based exclusively on:
    1. Goals scored and assists provided at club level
    2. Goals scored and assists provided at international level
    3. A multiplier is applied to international goals which is higher if they are at major tournaments v qualifiers and friendlies
    4. A discounting factor is also applied with more recent goals carrying a greater weighting

Play the clip below to see how it works: