Alert: Italy vs Croatia Match thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by FORZA NAPOLI <3, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    2-0 Italy suck my balls

Oh and lets have an enjoyable match thread @vesuviani @Bats @Stamos

Fkn stamos haven't trolled you in ages

Sal and elvesuvio repped this.
  2. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    @JCNapoli17 Balotelli hat trick what do you think @Bats will @Sal 's Moms Lamingtons she made for all of us have an effect on the game ?

elvesuvio and Sal repped this.
  3. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hat trick? I think more like ride the bench tricks.

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  4. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Game on the Rogers Sportsnet HD channels for Canada.
    Enjoy your Sunday Pasta with family and watch the game afterwards.:)

phat repped this.
  5. Bats

Bats Member

Sep 23, 2013
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will it be on watchespn?

6. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bats repped this.
  7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree. I think both teams know that 2 draws for these teams on each others soil will put them both through.

9. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well if its going to be a draw, and we are talking about Italy after all….0-0 seems about right to me :thumbsup:.

I hope beyond hope that Italy at San Siro can really lay a beating on Croatia and win 3-0 with massive possession. It would really make my week lol…

10. izzzy

izzzy Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Croatia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    everything is possible .. but i doubt there will be handicap win... every time till now (last 20 yrs) Italy had better players and coach... and still never won vs Croatia

11. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy loses 7-1. Oh wait, that Roma. My bad.

phat, Sal, gumbacicc and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Now we see what Conte's team is made of.

phat and elvesuvio repped this.
  13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Can anyone explain why De Rossi believes that he should be consulted with regard to Conte's selection? #haveanothercoldone

phat, JCNapoli17 and elvesuvio repped this.
  14. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because he's lit?

15. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I would play De Rossi at sweeper since Bonucci is suspended, we'll see if Conte does it

16. Parcae

Parcae Member

Nov 3, 2013
    I would do the same but I severely doubt Conte will. Supposedly he is considering moving Darmian to CB.

I think the likeliest lineup is

Buffon
    Ranocchia Darmian Chiellini
    De Sciglio Marchisio DDR Bonaventura Pasqual
    Immobile Pelle

I hope I'm wrong, though, and Soriano, Rugani and maybe SES get some playtime.

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think you're probably just about right that this lineup is the best we can field...and it saddens me to see the lack of quality on this side versus prior sides (Ranocchia, Bonaventura, Pasqual, Pelle).

18. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Every indication has pointed to Zaza partnering Immobile over Pelle in training, and I'm pretty sure Candreva will play a more central role over Bonaventura according to multiple reports. We can argue if those are better choices or not, but I don't think either Pelle or Bonaventura will start.

Personally, I would like to think Criscito is a better option than Pasqual on the left. Since the former plays in Russia, I don't get to see him in action much….but I still hear good things about him.

Just be glad that Ranocchia isn't hurt at this point. Italian defenders are dropping like flies. Losing Ogbonna hurts.

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italians are you confident that we can beat Croatia? I really want Italy to win of course, but we are missing some key players: Pirlo, Verrati, Florenzi, Bonucci. And Croatia have Rektic, Moderic, and Mandzukic. I really hope we can win, but if I were to bet, my money would be on Croatia. I think it will either be a draw 1-1, or one of us will win 2-1.

Some of my friends told me that Croatia is a good team, but I was really overestimating how good they really are. To tell you the truth Croatia scares me more than if we were playing France, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, or even Germany. Also in my opinion Croatia is better than Uruguay. Am I overestimating Croatia?

I just hope Coach Conte knows what he's doing and will make sure Italy will do their best and pull off at least a small win. We only beat Malta by one goal, but I have a feeling we have played poorly that day on purpose so other teams can try to underestimate us, something tells me we could have done much better and won by 3-0 but we chose not to.

What are your thoughts on this?

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well, he didn't believe anything, he was told by management. Are Juve fans incapable of reading as well as counting?

21. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Croatia has a good players but there play has been inconsistant. There are weaknesses in defense and there is not a true holding midfielder. This game has draw written all over it and that would suit both countries just fine.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watching TG1, the game for tomorrow may be at risk for the bad weather going on in Genoa. I missed the last part but they showed the filed at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris and its getting to be pretty wet to play on. I think I heard they may either postpone it or I believe they may even move it to San Siro. Just my belief.

Nazionale, Italia-Croazia a rischio per la pioggia

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    What a stupid response. De Rossi stated that Conte never "asked them permission" to call up Balotelli--as if he somehow believes that Conte owes the rest of the squad this obligation. He's just as deluded as the Roma supporters.

phat, Il Ciuccio and elvesuvio repped this.
  24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He was responding to questions that Conte asked his permission. Stop talking shit

Were is the quote that of him stating he should have been consulted? Thats right, you dont have one

Nek Sanalet and elvesuvio repped this.
  25. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyymmmmmm