Italy v. Scotland 5/29

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Angelo R., May 26, 2016.

1. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Same old same old negativity before a major tournament with The Azzurri.

For all you doubters I have one thing to say................Greece 2004

Rosay repped this.
  2. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Couldn't watch the game due to a family party that lasted all day. I can't believe that Montolivo hurt himself in a post-game cool down training session lol. I did hear that De Rossi played well, while Giacc stunk up the joint yet again. Hopefully, Insigne, Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, and Jorginho (plus Benassi in training) did enough to make the squad.

3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Greece had a structured approach, consistent lineup, etc...everyone knew were they at, a real team spirit and so a world of difference to Contes Italy.

P di Antonio and el napulitan repped this.
  4. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Italy lol?

This game choice was ridiculous. Set up a friendly against an uninterested team on neutral ground on a really shitty pitch. I swear these guys are good only for the fields. Don't care if Scotland are like Ireland. It was a harc situation for any player to prove themselves against a team that didn't want to be there. I don't think Scotland wanted to be there either lol

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  5. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe you should watch the game....

calabrese8, Calcio Pauly and Rosay repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This always happens during warmups. They set up games against opponents who are supposedly like their upcoming opponents. These teams all play different styles , use different players and the games aren't really the same at all. What they should do is set up exhibition games against clubs from the same nation as they normally play with similar styles.

el napulitan repped this.
  7. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Or just set up games against fellow qualified teams like Italy did in 06. Get them mentally ready for the first game.

Rosay and Falc repped this.
  8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No other big team's fans are saying they have a chance because Greece won in 2004. Italy is a 4-time WC champ ffs

Is this the bottom of the barrel desperation that we've sunk to?

9. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's just saying any one could win the Euro.

forza_azzurri and johnny6 repped this.
  10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Forza Albania then.

11. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Consistent lineup lol "structured approach"..lol
    "A real team spirit"...lol
    :ROFLMAO:

forza_azzurri repped this.
  12. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This board sounds the same before every tournament. Even before 2006, there were many complaining about Lippi and saying we weren't favorites. It'll never change.

Rosay and forza_azzurri repped this.
  13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Whats so funny? They were a close knit bunch, knew they were limited but stuck to their gameplan.

14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Montolivo did get injured, but is that really a blow? I honestly am celebrating that. I remember Montolivo in the friendly against Germany, and honestly it did not look pretty with the Germans running all over and around him. Its probably a good thing that he is not coming. Motta is enough, and at least he still plays in the UCL so he is more experienced in dealing with all of that.

De Rossi played exceptionally well. Man of the Match for me. He was amazing. I couldn't tell him apart from a 25 year old that day.

Giaccherini and Candreva played ok. They did amazing in getting in good positions and crossing, but they were always off target.

Bernardeschi played exceptionally well also. He was dribbling and crossing like crazy. Insigne didn't really have much of the ball, so we didn't see him really that day. After we were 1-0 up we weren't trying to attack much and we kind of set back. Insigne was good at finding the players with passes though. Bonaventura only had like 10 min, and was nowhere to be seen. Jorginho played well. Benassi didn't play but I hope he makes it. It is more likely now especially since Montolivo is injured.

wm72 repped this.
  15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You want Sheva on full troll mode or something? The Swiss are 66-1 odds. I think I'll drop 100 on them, just for fun
    :)

16. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The negativity is justified, what exactly leads us to be optimistic, because it is Italia we are talking about? Italia is just a name at the minute, there is nothing in Conte's football, plan or choice of players to be exited about. We make the same excuses again and again, oh it was just a friendly it does not matter. Well did we even look good in qualifying? No. So it does matter, there has not been one point where we looked like we knew what we were doing and looked like we could be starting to click together in the past 2 years.
    Also La Parrucca has been running the players into the ground during training, he must think he is at pre season training not the end of a long season. the players will be dead by the time the torneo begins and if anyone goes carrying an injury the whole team will suffer just like the last euros. We never learn from our many mistakes.

Falc and el napulitan repped this.
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Forza Mister De Biasi! The last manager of this great player!

[​IMG]

Falc repped this.
  18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did Germany look good in qualifying? No Not Really. Did Germany lose tons of friendlies? Yes.

Rosay repped this.
  19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're right. None of the above. They just ate pixie dust for breakfast.

20. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I did tape it, so that will probably happen tonight or tomorrow night (though I'm not completely excited since the game seems to have been an uninspired 1-0 outcome). Regardless, many sources are claiming Giacc had a bad game.

For me it is not a blow. I don't want Montolivo anywhere near this team. And like you, I prefer Motta out of the two. Good to hear about De Rossi, but even more so about Bernardeschi. I think he will be the best player in Italy (along with Rugani and Berardi) by the time the WC comes around. I want to see him get some caps and experience in this tournament since he will probably be our number 10 soon enough.

I agree. With Conte its hard to be excited. Its not just about player selection and talent level, but his rigid tactics and "testa dura" approach. I think, like Juve, he can only take a team so far. I'll be more excited once Ventura comes in. I think he's the type of coach the Azzurri need right now.

Falc, el napulitan and P di Antonio repped this.
  21. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who is talking about Germany? I am talking about Conte. Conte e un uomo di merda. Germany will fix their problems going into the Torneo meanwhile we have more problems than answers.

Deleted User x, el napulitan and falvo repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm with you. Everyone talks about Greece 2004 or what Germany is doing and none of those things have any relation on what Italy is doing now. What I'm worried about is who will score enough goals to get the national team out of the first round.....

23. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    NO...they had literally zero talent and scored all their goals on set pieces. Didn't allow any goals against. I don't see why Italy can't do the same with a defense that was rock solid at Juve.

Rosay repped this.
  24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree with that, they had little to nothing talent and got lucky....however my point was that while Italy even in this current state have more talent they do not have the consistency in approach Greece had. While they were shit, they worked hard as a unit with a clear direction. That takes time to build and for that you have to give them some credit. I cant say Italy have that right now.

25. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because we aren't Greece and a country with Italy's pedigree should have more talent and play better soccer