Italy v Germany v England in UEFA Coefficient Rankings(R)

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Deleted User x, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Inter is definitely better right now. They drew with you guys in your own backyard. Also their bench is better than yours.

Perisic is better than Callejon. Icardi is better than Mertens. Also they are coached better.

Roma is probably better as well. If you want proof, just look at UCL performances. Roma TOPPED a group with Chelsea, Atletico, and Qarabag, while you failed to even advance from a group of Man City, Shakhtar, and Feyenoord?

Let me tell you Feyenoord is a team Garcia's rubbish Roma was able to beat them in Holland in the 2014-15 Europa League when Roma were not even taking it too seriously. And yet you cannot beat Feyenoord when they are down to 10-men for a big part of the second half? In fact you lose?

Also what about this:

Villarreal 2-1 Napoli, Napoli 1-1 Villarreal (Villarreal 3-2 on aggregate)
    Villarreal 0-4 Roma, Roma 0-1 Villarreal (Roma 4-1 on aggregate)

I know this was a few seasons ago, but Napoli really have not changed much, and Roma has only gotten better under Di Francesco.

Also just look at both starting 11's. Nainggolan and Strootman are way better than any of your midfielders. Well Jorginho is pretty good, but not as good as Nainggolan and Strootman. Their whole backline is a step up. Koulibaly is your only defender that is even recognized to tell you the truth. In attack its probably comparable. You guys just might have the edge in attack with an inform Mertens, but at the moment Perotti and Dzeko are shining. I really don't know how you can say Napoli is better. Champions League gives a lot of proof.

The only argument you can really say about Napoli being better is that you managed to beat them at home, however other statistics clearly tell that it was an upset/fluke and Roma were still trying to find rythemn and had quite a bit of missed chances.

2. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Alright this post is worse than his last one.

They drew you in your own backyard means they are definitely better right now.. Okay so Inter is definitely better than Juventus based of this statement. Good to know. Also please let me know where the fcuk they have a better bench cuz their bench players wouldn't even start for Benevento.

Perisic plays left wing.. Where Italy's best player Lorenzo Insigne plays. I don't think your stupid enough to say Perisic is better than Insigne. Icardi based on current form is better than Mertens yes. He won't stay at these levels, he's scoring on basically every shot he takes which was Mertens just a few months ago. Sarri vs Spalletti is definitely debatable... Both have different systems and I'd like to know what Spalletti has won. Really can you tell me? I don't think you were even able to use a computer the last time he won something which was the Russian championship with a stacked Zenit team in 2012. Also Maurizio Sarri won the coach of the year lol. I`m not trying to say Sarri is better, but he for sure is not being outcoached lmfao

Then you just completely lose the plot and start going off about results that happened in February of 2016 and bring up a result that happened in 2014 and use these 2 results to help prove a point. Not even gonna go on about the rest but Roma is better than Inter for sure.

Ever since being insulted by a Napoli fan online this guy has completely been anti-Napoli everything lmfao. Poor guy

3. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    -------------------17/18----Total------Teams Remaining

2. England -- 15.785 -- 75.319 ---- 6/7

3. Italy ------- 12.500 -- 71.416 ---- 6/6

4. Germany - 6.714 --- 68.284 ------ 3/7

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yup, looks like the wind is out of Inter's sail. Really struggling now. Napoli right there still. Looks like a 2-team title race with Roma coming a solid third. Inter & Lazio will probably battle for 4th right to the end.

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just like 2014-15, Napoli and us will run away with the title, and we will surpass them sometime around Feb. Then Napoli will start dropping points, and we will run away completely with it.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Its easy to say now that Napoli & Juve will run away with it, but 3 weeks ago you said Inter > Napoli.

I think Napoli will stay close to Juve this time, but Juve are still slight favorites.

7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And I do still believe that Inter at its best is superior to Napoli at its best. The problem is Inter has been very inconsistent recently. Napoli has to a lesser extent.

If you are comparing teams at their best I'd say Juventus, Roma, Inter, and possibly Atalanta are all better than Napoli. However with most of them not at their best all the time and inconsistent, is why Napoli is ahead because they are more consistent.

8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I honestly doubt Inter would have failed to advance in a group of Man City, Shakhtar, and Feyenoord. Same with Roma. Both of them would have beaten Feyenoord in Holland and at least would have gotten a daw with Shakhtar in Ukraine (We will see if I am right when Roma and Shakhtar play, but this is what I think). They might have even been able to draw Man City in Italy, at least Roma. Atalanta I am not so sure about, but I have seen the team at their best and if all are playing as a team they can look pretty darn threatening. If Atalanta were in that group, I'd say they would have a 50-50 chance of advancing vs Shakhtar. Man City would probably beet Atalanta both home and away, but Atalanta definitely would have beaten the hell out of Feyenoord in both games, and MIGHT have been able to get a draw at Shakhtar.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Any sort of rational comparison between 2 teams already factors-in their relative consistency. I mean, it must. Otherwise we can just say crap about anything.

Being better at your best than someone else ultimately isn't worth the square root of jack shit! Its also totally un-provable.

Bristol City beat Man United this season. Arsenal hasn't beaten anyone of that caliber. Does that mean Bristol City "at their best" is better than Arsenal? No. Because I can also say "well Arsenal twice scored 5 goals against a Premier League team this season and looked amazing in those 2 games. Bristol City haven't even scored 5 goals against a second-division team. Therefore, Arsenal at their best is better than Bristol City at their best. Boo-yah!!" :rolleyes:

Its an argument that goes nowhere!

Marcho Gamgee and Deleted User x repped this.
  10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok let me get this straighter. For example look at 2015-15 EPL. Leicester City won it, but do you really think Leicester was the best team? Probably not. Man City was likely the best EPL team that season. Arsenal and Liverpool were likely better as well. However they found themselves to be very inconsistent.

I see a very similar thing in the Serie A this season. I think Juve, Roma, and Inter are overall superior to Napoli. Just look at the UCL for Roma. Roma topped the group of death, and Napoli failed in one of the relatively easier groups. Now Man City is probably better than Chelsea and Atletico, but still Napoli should have came in second.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Totally disagree. Leicester were the best team. All those teams you listed finished a mile behind Leicester domestically. Maybe I could see your point if they were 3 or 5 points behind Leicester, but not 15 points back by early April. Plus Man City got pounded in their head- to-head meeting against Leicester.

Except Shakhtar got a free 3 points against Man City because of the scheduling. Replace Napoli with Roma in that group and you probably get the same outcome.

12. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you really think Leicester would have beaten PSG and put up a fight with Real Madrid in the 2015-16 UCL?

Roma would have beaten Feyenoord both times. Roma would have at least gotten a draw in Ukraine. Roma probably would have been able to draw Man City at least at the Stadio Olympico. If Roma was in that group, Man City would win it, and Roma would be runners up. We will see if I am right when Roma and Shakhtar face each other in the UCL knockouts, but I disagree it would have had the same outcome.

13. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    You really are special

14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thank You

Deleted User x repped this.
  15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yes, I think they would've "put up a fight" against Madrid, if you consider that effort by Man City to be putting up a fight. That wasn't 2017 Madrid. It was a very so-so Madrid team that won the CL because they avoided all the top teams in Europe.

But that is beside the point. What you're basically saying is "ignore these 40 games over here where Leicester won more games, won a major trophy, and won the big head-to-head encounter against Man City in Manchester, and lets focus on these 2 imaginary games in the CL that Leicester didn't play". :rolleyes:

Just stop and listen to yourself.

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know that 2016 Madrid was not nearly like 2017 but they were still a top team and hard to beat. Leicester would have put up a fight but not like Man City did.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Man City were dire. They only got 2 shots on goal in the full 180 minutes, including 0 in the Bernabeu where they knew they had to score!

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Premier League went from 22 to 20 clubs in 1996-1997. In the 21 complete seasons with 38 games, the fewest goals scored by a champion is 68 by Leicester City 2015-2016, Manchester United 2008-2009, and Arsenal 1997-1998.

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know many people are gonna kill me for saying this and just try to go shit about bias, but:

Sevilla just got a new manager "Montella" Can be a tough manager to beat in Europe.

Liverpool just lost Coutinho.

With that saying, maybe Sevilla and Porto might have a chance. Man Utd and Liverpool are still favorites, but both of those things could prove to change the way both ties end up.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I don’t think anyone thought Porto v Liverpool was a mismatch, even before these recent events.

I have a harder time imagining Sevilla beating Man Utd. Sevilla have been too inconsistent. They were in shambles last weekend in the derby against Betis.

21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh I just looked up the score now about Sevilla vs Betis, after that I agree with you. The hope though is Montella does have a good European record, but he is not Sampaoli or Emery who had the success with Sevilla. Man Utd will likely do it, but I suppose if Man Utd's defense crumble, then Sevilla could upset the odds. Well I believe Man Utd will go through after that.

22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool is elite offensively (maybe not without Coutinho) but not defensively. Porto should try to score a lot at home and maybe win 3-1 so they can advance with a 2-1 loss in Liverpool.

Sevilla has a negative goal differential in La Liga and is tenth in goals scored. They will have a hard time scoring against Man Utd who is allowing 0.73 goals per Premier League game and didn't allow more than 1 goal in a Group Stage game. Ibrahimovic might be back by then.

23. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    This is why no one takes what you say seriously. You just look up scores and assume shit

LorneMarvello repped this.
  24. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    more chance of spurs putting juve to the sword

25. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    They are in great form and are probably the 2nd best side after City in EPL.

With Dybala, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Barzagli, and Lichtsteiner out for this match, today is a test of Juve's depth.