Italy v Germany v England in UEFA Coefficient Rankings(R)

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Deleted User x, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Why is Godin out?

2. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    My mistake. Partey and Costa are the only ones out I believe.

3. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I am confident we are capable. Whether we will is a different story, but we are definitely capable of turning around the deficit.

However, one thing that makes me optimistic is that almost everyone is counting us out, and usually we do best when that happens. Juventus always comeback when you least expect it.

Like how we beat Real Madrid in 2014-15. We almost did it against Bayern in 2015-16, if it just wasn't for that Evra mistake. We knocked out Barcelona in 2016-17 (I say we were tipped by a good amount, but were not the favorites). We came back against Tottenham last season (I was even ruling us out by the time we were 1-0 down at Wembley). Then we almost did it against Real Madrid. Nobody even expected us to beat Real Madrid at the Bernabeau, let alone go through. We didn't make it at the end, but were so close.

4. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Roma out, Juventus out, Inter out.

That's my call. Also 35%, what a joke, more like 10-15%

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The task facing Juve now is no easier than the task against Real Madrid you're referring to.

6. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    don't listen to him, Juventus is in a worse position than Real was in. Real won the away game scoring 2 away goals. If Atletico score 1, Juventus needs 4

7. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    My prediction is Juve will qualify...

calabrese8 repped this.
  8. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    So Man Utd progress on away goals after an injury time VAR penalty and Roma lose to a VAR penalty 3 minutes from the end of extra time. Funny stuff.

9. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    What Florenzi did was stupid though. He shouldn't have gave the other team the penalty. He panicked because the other player was on goal, and the ball was so far. It was a legit penalty, but I feel Roma only have themselves to blame. Dzeko also squandered 2 really good chances before that.

10. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gods Will

11. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    VAR has a long way to go before being more consistently successful but long term I still feel it is the right way to go

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Bro in all honesty I feel you're hilarious.

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's possible for England to have three Quarterfinalists with no other country having more than one. England could have four Quarterfinalists, but Bayern Munich should win hosting Liverpool. If Manchester City, Juventus, and Barcelona advance, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, and Netherlands would have one Quarterfinalist. Other than Juventus, the results necessary for that are just for clubs to advance after getting a win or draw away. If Atletico advances and Lyon knocks out Barcelona, you can have France replace Italy in the group of five countries. England last had three Quarterfinalists in 2010-2011.

13. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who are you to question the will of god

14. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is a guy who should be questioned LOL

[​IMG]

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That one is 50/50 for me. Seems odd to say Bayern blew a chance in the first leg when they came away with a draw from Anfield, but 0 away goals while playing against a make-shift defense could come back to bite them!

QF draw will be interesting. For 2 reasons:
    a) they are doing the QF and SF draw at the same time this year so we'll see each team's potential path to the final next week.
    b) with 4 to 6 dark-horses in the draw (depending whether you consider Atletico as a dark-horse and whether Lyon advance) you could end-up with 0 or 1 powerhouses on one half of the bracket.

EvanJ repped this.
  16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for pointing that out. I like when the rounds are drawn together. They used to do that, then changed to drawing the Quarterfinals and Semifinals separately, then changed back.

17. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I said Juventus had a 35% chance for a reason. Look what they just did!!!!!!! Now what will all the doubters say?

18. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    You don't get it eh, 35% means Juventus will accomplish what they did tonight 35 times of every 100 tries. People will still disagree with that statement and if the game were to restart again tomorrow I would 100% back Juventus to NOT get the result they needed to qualify.

They pulled off a huge comeback and congrats to them but ya 35% was too high

19. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I feel 35 times out of 100, Juventus would accomplish that. I mean yes you are probably right about tomorrow, but I think 35% is a fair estimate.

20. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Ya, most don't. You're Italy Azzurri fan and ur biased as hell

LorneMarvello repped this.
  21. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    that you are that guy who was banned and should be banned again because he did the same thing when he got things rights 1 in 4 times lol

22. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    you legend you.

juve were very good but Atletico were shocking they never really got into any gear

23. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    no it isnt just like the odds of atletico winning 2-0 would not have been the likely score in spain.

Atletico totally choked they couldnt even string 3 passes at times and that was without pressure too, so by your standing you would expect atletico to play this bad 35% of the time lol

mr azurri

24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barcelona 5-1 Lyon
    Bayern Munich 1-3 Liverpool (Bayern's goal was an own goal by Joel Matip)

England got all four clubs in the Quarterfinals. Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Netherlands have one each.