Italy v Germany v England in UEFA Coefficient Rankings(R)

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Deleted User x, Aug 9, 2017.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Liverpool x Roma should help keep this thread interesting for a while longer.

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just made a $10 bet with a friend that is a Liverpool fan, about which team will go through. I picked Roma, and he picked Liverpool. Hopefully Roma does it!!!

3. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Salah vs Roma in the semis...i bet he never thought that would happen when he left for England

BocaFan repped this.
  4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Italy had a 19.000 in 2014-2015, which was second to Spain.

I don't think there's a solution to subjectivity. Basketball can have a big call or missed call at the end, but each basket is a small part of the normally over 60 points scored depending on the competition (the NBA averages over 100). The NFL's subjectivity could be on long passes where one team gets called for pass interference and the other team's defense gets away with the same thing.

5. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Good points. It's not only the subjectivity but also magnitude of the call. Giving a PK can mean deciding a match or a tie. It's such an influencial decision. I think the only thing close is like you mentioned, a pass interference or catch/drop decision in the end zone.

In a league format, even a PK call matter much less since these instances balance out. In CL an expulsion or PK is all the difference.

Real deserve a lot of credit. Yet, their success has come with a lot of luck as well.

In 6 of the last 9 knockout Champions League games, Real Madrid's opponent has gone down to 10 men.
    Bayern 1st leg: Javi Martinez
    Bayern 2nd leg: Vidal
    Juve final Cardiff: Cuadrado
    Paris 2nd leg: Verratti
    Juve 1st leg: Dybala
    Juve 2nd leg: Buffon

6. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    The two darkhorses play each other.

Roma have faced Barca, Shaktar, Chelsea, Atleti on the way here.

Liverpool have played City, Porto, Sevilla, Moscow.

Both teams have been monstrous at home. It's a 50/50 tie.

Roma pressed Barca very high over two legs. I don't think this is the way to face Liverpool. The blueprint should be United's two matches vs them using Dzeko in the same manner as Lukaku.

For Liverpool, they must get as big an advantage possible to travel to Roma with. If Roma's plan is to deny them space to run into from behind, Liverpool must find a way to break Roma's low block.

7. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006

They already surpassed it. Last season they ended with 14.250. This season it's already 17.000.

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    There goes $10. :p

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Liverpool actually finish the job. A 3-0 or 4-1 Roma win will do it. Don't speak too soon. Remember what happened with Barcelona?

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Liverpool playing much better than Barca now. I know form is temporary, but Barca were somewhat fortunate to beat Roma by that much, whereas Liverpool could've scored 9 last night easily. It was insane!

11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do agree with you on that, but I also believe Roma got their tactics all wrong. That result would not have happened 8 times out of 10.

12. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Another Roma miracle?

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Possible

14. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

And Roma beating Barca 3-0 wouldn't happen 99 times out of 100 funboy

15. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Indeed at 5-0 or 5-1 it's done but 5-2 gives Rom a hope

If they pull it off the pope should hand his ring over to the Rom a coach

Nice to see the Roma ultra are still doing Italy proud too, scum

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know whether to take you seriously anymore. I agree with what you are saying, but you have been very mean and disrespectful to me so many times. If you have an argument to make, do it politely.

17. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    to be accurate i was calling the roma ultras scum, not you and there is no argument every single biased opinion you put on here can be turned against you with the same facts.

liverpool wouldnt have beat beat.......blah blah blah play roma v barca again next week see what the score would be, the whole point is you get it right over 2 legs or **** off.

Klopp made his own mistake last night taking off salah for a forward.

18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And what you say is right, and yes I believe Barcelona would beat Roma 8 times out of 10. And I did also question Klopp for taking of Salah. However you make it sound like Roma has no chance. They definitely have a chance.

19. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    English football fan calling another countries ultras scum hahahahahahahahahha

Deleted User x repped this.
  20. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    their not fans their ultras and its 2018 clown not 1985 hahahhahaha fake from americas

oooh juve and liverpool had a riot in 85 and a wall collapsed killing 40 juve fans I must act like a it was personal to me so i look like a die hard from turin <-------- calabrese8

21. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #546 LorneMarvello, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    no i didnt

lol are you saying roma would win 3-0 in 2 of those 10 games v barca?

if so LOLOLOLOLO

22. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you're absolutely right.. not 1 single incident since Heysel in 1985. English ultras are the model of class and sportsmanship :thumbsup:. Keep telling yourself that.

23. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    their not ultras they are firms and most have been crushed

oh their are plenty of incidents after thatcher crushed our thugs, but it usually goes like this english fans gather in huge numbers then get attacked so the respond.

and it always will because we are the gold standard we are to football thugs what Americans are to hostage takers.

simply because we started it all in the 70s.

Those roma ultras will now go gloating at Juve ultras (who are known as ultra fairies by other italian thugs because they only usually show tough guy at home games)

Simple fact a group of scarfed up Roma ultras went around to the kop end attacked a pub and people outside the kop with Belt buckles and hammers and knifes before being chased off, now a 53 year old man is fighting for his life and guess what he was from ireland, SO YES THEY ARE SCUM.

mr Canada Die Hard Juve Fan lol

24. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not 3-0, but would win.

25. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    how does that compare to how you feel Italians dive and the English don't? You love to live in the past with that one but conveniently don't want to go in the past for hooliganism.

mr Canada how original. I'm an Italian citizen living in this beautiful country.