Italian Super Cup to be played in Beijing Bird's Nest

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Dec 23, 2008.

1. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Italian Super Cup to be played in Beijing in 2009

PrintMILAN, Dec 23 (Reuters) - Next year’s Italian Super Cup will be played at Beijing’s Bird’s Nest Stadium on Aug. 8, the Italian Soccer League said on Tuesday.

It will be the fourth time the season’s traditional curtain raiser between the Serie A champions and the Italian Cup winners is disputed abroad after Juventus won it in New York and in Tripoli in 2003 and 2002 and AC Milan prevailed in Washington in 1993.

The 2009-10 season will start on the weekend of Aug. 23, a League spokeswoman said, a week earlier than usual, in order to finish on May 16 and give Marcello Lippi’s Italy team time to prepare for their World Cup defence in South Africa.

(Reporting by Antonella Ciancio and Paul Virgo, editing by Justin Palmer)

2. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    up to mid-noon of August 6, a total of 56,780 tickets had been sold, the bird's nest has 85,000 seats, and according to Chinese laws, 80% of the stands will be opend for this match, so that is 69,986 tickets for sale

3. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    It seems that only theexpensive tickets (RMB1280) are still available. As I mentioned on my blog, I gave into the advertising and bought my ticket and so I'll be sure to give some comments. I'll also have a lot of photos up at my flickr,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photocheng/

It's really crazy how many Inter fans there are in China, I went to Piazza Italia today and there was a steady strem of people coming in to buy Inter souvenirs.

4. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    So how was it? I didn't even watch the game on TV... how was the atmosphere in the stadium?