italian football for us all

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by mr magoo, Jul 31, 2002.

1. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    When it comes to the Rome Derby (or any huge rivalry) time and circumstance are pretty much the same every time. Granted we went to the game in April of 01 when Rome were in first and Lazio were in second in the race for the Scudetto. So maybe that helped add something to it. But this is a huge rivalry. It is always a big game. So do time and circumstance really matter here - not in any material manner IMO.

The EPL games I've attended are plenty fun. The crowds sing nice and loud and the pace is great. It just isn't nearly the spectacle of Italian soccer. And when the Italians have a big game on fold they get plenty loud. That Derby was certainly the loudest I've ever heard ANY stadium - it was far louder than Inter-Juve, it was louder than the Azteca last July for the U.S. Mexico and it was far louder than anything here in the states, including the fully enclosed 60,000 seat Metrodome packed to the rafters for a Packers game. Our ears rang for over two days after that Derby. It was quite frankly amazing.

Again, of the games I've attended nothing came remotely close. And I'm confident nothing else I'll ever see will. I've said maybe River - Boca could do it and maybe the Turks.

2. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    An agreement was not the point of this threads author. He asked a very simple question, how this somehow entitled you to your opinion on anything I'm not sure. Next time someone starts a thread on Nottingham Forrest I'll be sure to weigh in with my expert commentary of the state of korea's cullinary cuisine.

3. forest.clough

forest.clough New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    mansfield . G.B.
    i,d love to hear about the restaurant in seol that sells fried cats fanny,s thank you !