Italia vs Holland. Sept. 4 Friendly (R)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Deleted User x, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Even your meme's make no sense.

2. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Emmenthaler?

totti fan repped this.
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Balotelli e finuto come Verratti! ;)

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The 3-5-2 was used and will likely still be used because it fits Juve's personnel. The team is strong at center backs and central midfield. The flanks do not have great depth. It also is a system that works best for Pirlo. Will Conte continue to use that formation? Depends on who he calls.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  5. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree, but with Balotelli it is not just about what he has done lately. His history as far as behavior speaks for itself. Many of us were optimistic that he would mature, but he has not done so yet. I think most tifosi here and in Italy do not want to see his behavior and "not caring much" approach keep us from playing well. If he grows up and learns to put the team before himself, then that would be great. But Conte and everyone else has plenty of evidence to show that he has not done so yet.

6. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    So Balotelli played 71 minutes in Liverpool's loss to Villa. He did nothing. Liverpool's manager essentially said Balotelli isn't quite match fit. (Not sure why he started him then but that's another story.)

This is why I've grown to hate Balotelli. It is mid-September and he's still not match fit. Maybe if he spent the off-season committing himself to conditioning rather than being a jackass and spending all day on Twitter, he might be in better shape.

My old gym teacher used to say that some people are born Volkswagens and use every ounce of their engine....while others are born Ferraris and can never shift out of second gear. We all know what Balotelli is.

Sal, phat and jerrito repped this.