Italia vs Germania quarter final

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Marco Delvecchio, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ya and being a negative Nancy about Italy all tournament long is?

totti fan and Stamos repped this.
  2. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why was he banned? I liked his posts.

Rosay and Rossonero23 repped this.
  3. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've talked a lot of sh*t to my German friends, I hope the boys show up.

Rosay repped this.
  4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Right. Please if there is a mod reading this, ban me because I think Montolivo sucks and I didn't like our chances of winning games

el napulitan and Falc repped this.
  5. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Your point?

6. joe83

joe83 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So i assume Sturaro will play as more of a defensive position closing down space and Parolo will provide the creative link from def/mid to our forwards?

I dont know much about these players and their style of play but in your opinions, would this work?

7. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    That's when Germany are at their best. Khedira might be the best in the world at starting a counter attack from midfield. He was the true catalyst in the destruction of Brazil. Really when Germany is at their best it's when Khedira is the engine in midfield marauding forward. It will be a great battle between he and Parolo in the middle.

Conte likes to keep things simple for his midfield. Positioning is the most important aspect, and he doesn't want a player to be in a vulnerable position where he has to create space and find an alternate pass on his own. I am sure there will be moments where the Germans put the mids in compromising positions.

Obviously Thomas Muller will be key to track as well. He was everywhere in the March friendly and found himself countless times with time and space. He also gave Juve plenty of problems in 2013 and 2016, and he didn't really feature back in the Euro 2012 semis.

8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sal was a good boy. He dindu nuffin

9. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sal is herpes

Star-Lord, LGRod, Rossonero23 and 3 others repped this.
  10. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Parolo is a very good box to box mid. Covers a lot of space, makes timely runs forward, good in the air and can strike from distance. However he isn't the most composed on the ball and can give the ball away cheaply. Sometimes he thinks too much on the ball and that causes problems for him.

Stugazzo is a hustler but his touch on the ball can be erratic at times. He's also prone to losing his cool and getting booked. Tbh from what I've seen from him with either Juve or the U21 I have not been overly impressed but managers like Allegri trust him in big spots like vs Bayern. He's young can run and seems to be tactically responsible. I will say he was fantastic vs Real in the 2015 semis however, hopefully he has another performance like that in him.

Rosay repped this.
  11. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    You both make very valid points.

12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If there are any real mods out there, they'll ban you. But there isn't so here you stay. When Italy wins the Euro I never want to see you again

13. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Why? Would you rather we allow you a safe space for words and phrases that upset you?

14. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The guy who talked in detail what he'd do to Sals mom is upset with what someone else wrote on a message board lmao

15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're not great on crosses, but we're pretty good on set-pieces. 2 of our 5 goals have come from set-pieces.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Please complian to the super mods and tell them my crimes!

And btw I'm not going anywhere :p

Rossonero23, el napulitan and meazza repped this.
  17. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So will you leave if (when) Italy loses?

el napulitan repped this.
  18. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yea, hopefully Conte takes note of prandellis errors in 2012. Ran the same players into the ground. They were exhausted towards the end of the Germany game and prandeli played the same players in the final too iirc.

2006 was slightly different as we played the semi final at a high pace for 120 minutes. We have one extra game this time around if we manage to get to the final.

meazza repped this.
  19. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Because he insulted a poster instead of offering up a counter argument to what was a legitimate claim?

20. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #120 el napulitan, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Sal is forever gone, we kept him captive in bs prison then let him go when he served his time. Unfortunately he suffered an ill fait after finding his mother's haul of vibrators and was rattleled to death. Time to move on, we hold a memorial for him every week.

#JeSiusSalsMomsVibrators

Falc, meazza, Rosay and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No I'd rather all the anti Italy and anti Conte, And Italy won't make it of the group this and won't beat whoever we play next that to go jump in a lake and drown. Just saying. Waste of ********en time

gumbacicc repped this.
  22. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'd rather the mods allow my sal's mom jokes and Marco Delvecchio's posts then the Italy is shit camp

23. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'll leave this thread ya.

24. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Sturaro is a very interesting player. There are times I watch him and he looks elite. In fact, he's pretty damn awesome more often than not. Remember this amazing goal vs Napoli?

The problem is...once in a while...he will have a game where you scratch your head and wonder WTF. The Ireland game was one of those. His touch on the ball was so poor that it made Gattuso look like Zidane. I just can't figure it out.

I'm praying that DDR makes it back, but if he doesn't, I hope the real Sturaro shows up. He's a hell of a player when he does.

Rosay repped this.
  25. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sturaro is turning in to a poor man's Ambrosini (that's not supposed to be a compliment).

I.e. a physical player with a very heavy touch.

With De Rossi out I think Insigne has to start because as it is there's zero passing ability in that midfield right now.

giallorossissimo, el napulitan and Rosay repped this.