Italia vs Germania quarter final

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Marco Delvecchio, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    People don't give the French enough credit. They were outstanding vs the Irish and should have won by a lot more. France can raise their game too and can win on home support alone. As good as Germany are from an Italian perspective I'd rather face Germany than France due to our good record against Germany and mental factor and poor record vs France and their home support. Germany are Germany and that speaks for itself. That's saying how highly I rate the French.

To beat France at this cup you're going to have to go at least 120 minutes with them.

2. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    France have always found an extra gear when need be. In their minds they believe they have to win and can not lose. Because theyre at home, for their fans, themselves and for the Paris attacks. Losing isn't an option. When teams have that mindset, they find ways to win. Somehow, someway. Just like Payet scoring out of nothing vs Romania and Griezeman and Payet again the next game vs Albania. They did it again vs the Irish. Might not be the best of opposition but they have more in the tank yet.

3. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Stfu

Deleted User x and totti fan repped this.
  4. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think Conte sticks with 3 5 2.

Buffon.
    Chiellini. Bonucci. Barzagli.
    Darmian. De Sciglio. Parolo. Florenzi. Sturaro.
    Eder. Pelle.

5. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No love for Romanogli? Why Rugani is consistently rated ahead of Romanogli I'll never quite understand...

Rosay repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    One plays for a champion!

Those two will become a good partnership. Can't wait for Marotta to do his magic.

7. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Just saw again '' Italy aren't good at taking the game to the opp '' what a ********n load of shit that is. All the sheep follow off a few ********wits that have no idea what they're saying because they have no ********ing clue. We took the game to belgium and Spain. We did more thn take it to them we ********ing served them a cold dish. People could say '' they havn't gone a goal down yet. I got news for the ********ing morons that say this. Not many times in a major comp do teams go a goal down and win. Actually the goal down to ireland was meaningless and we changed 8 players. Had top spot.

Brazil in 1994 may have been down a goal to Sweden, not sure if they scored first. The game was a 1-1 draw. Anyway that could have been the only time they trailed in 1994 world cup.

Euro 96 Germany were dow twice for a 1-1 draw and win in the final in extra time

France 1998 were down for all of one minute in that cup to Croatia after Thuram equalised straight away.

Euro 2000 France trailed Holland and lost 3-2. Trailed Portugal and Italy and won both in extra time

2002 world cup Brazil trailed Turkey and England and won both. Vs Turkey they got an 85th min pen which wasnt a pen, foul was outside the box.

2004 Greece trailed Spain and drew 1-1. Trailed Russia and lost.

2006 Ital trailed only for 12 minutes and won on pens final vs France

2008 I think Spain went a goal down in their final group game which was a dead rubber as they had top spot sewn up.

2010 spain went a goal down and lost vs Switzerland. Never trailed after that.

2012 spain were down for only 3 minutes and equalised vs Italy and drew.

2014 Germany trailed ghana but drew 2-2

Even champion teams might only trail once throughout the whole cup. Do people expect us to trail every game and come back? Get ********ed. People talk shit.

Saint Miccoli, totti fan and Rosay repped this.
  8. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Florenzi will do something memorable. I'm calling it.

Rosay repped this.
  9. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Why do you ********s ban the best posters here?

Saint Miccoli, totti fan and Star-Lord repped this.
  10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I did not go anywhere! :p

11. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    just curious about this since day one... to be fair and honest, why people who include italian or non italian fans keep saying we don't have a single "star" or "world class" player in this team? no totti, DP, pirlo, cannavoro, nesta... or even no balo(?!)
    candreva and florenzi? that's controversy. insigne and bernardeschi? they are young talents only. BBC? they are only good as a unit.
    de rossi! but he has dropped with aged, so maybe nope.
    but come on guys, how can people forget him? our world class superstar GIGI BUFFON!!

Deleted User x, Rosay and calabrese8 repped this.
  12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ya Alot of people are idiots on here

13. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    De Rossi has been the star so far. He's filling in admirably for Montolivo. :ROFLMAO:

14. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    difficult task replacing a legend.
    and if florenzi wasnt a roma player, you wouldnt want the guy on the pitch.

meazza, Rosay and krado33 repped this.
  15. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    DeRossi was key against Spain. His quick 1-touch passing and nutmegs prevented them from winning the ball back and doing their thing.
    As for Florenzi, I prefer him in this NT setup. Its the Roma formation he doesn't fit into.

el napulitan, Rosay and krado33 repped this.
  16. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i love de rossi, and he was key in this tournament for sure. but it seems he is a half match-hero now, similar to cassano in the last euro.
    btw sturaro can be rate-b gattuso, whatever he plays or his face, can he really be good at de rossi/motta's post?

17. Star-Lord

Star-Lord Member+

Aug 10, 2014
    Uranus
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If Italy beat Germany it's because UEFA wants France to have an easier opponent and could not face losing to the Germans.

18. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What does spread mean in this case?

20. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Talking out of YoUranus.

Rosay repped this.
  21. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italian fans have every right to feel confident going into this one. Italy outplayed both Belgium (#2 in world) and Spain (defending champs) on the road to QF. The first XI has yet to concede a goal and in those 2 encounters created a number of good opportunities.

I expect Italy to set out in much the same way as they did in those 2 matches. Two key factors for me are how well Parolo deputises for DDR and how the ass-sniffer approaches this match.

The regista role that Parolo plays is key because its a vital release valve when sides set out to absorb pressure and hit on the counter. Expect Bonucci and BC to take up some of the playmaking slack.

If Low takes the cagey approach, and seeks to conquer Italy through attrition than we may be in trouble. However I can't imagine Germany changing the way they play because an overly tactical approach is just not in their nature. They will most likely come at us like Spain and Belgium did before them and leave space for our wingers and forwards to exploit.

Italian weakness - missing a genuine regista. Apart from Jak and DeSciglio (on a very good day) our wingers aren't particularly strong in terms of their distribution. A number of players are sitting on yellows (3 professional fouls were key v Belgium)

Italian strengths - ability to counter through quality distribution from deep, at pace and with numbers.

German strengths - height in and around the box, speed, crossing.

German weakness - overconfidence

krado33 repped this.
  22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Telling people you disagree with to piss off and blow their boyfriends is now great posting?

artielange84 and el napulitan repped this.
  23. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Set plays and crosses aren't the strengths of this German team. Kimmich ( right back ) can't cross at all and Hector ( left back ) isn't great at it either. Mario Gomez had the best time of his career at VfB Stuttgart as a counter attacking player with the ball played into his feet running at defenders.

They are very much like the team of the 70s with Toni Kroos taking the place of Guenter Netzer.

There is no overconfidence either, all German media are talking about the Angstgegner Italy.

24. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The media isn't really relevant. For example the Italian media wrote the team off from the start. Germany is as Germany does. They are playing well and scoring freely, I doubt they will transform themselves into a conservative unit overnight.

Attacking the 3-5-2 with width is the way to go. Therefore susceptibility to crosses and tall forwards is a major issue with Conte's system. If you watch the Sweden game, the opposition was constantly switching play to try to double-team and take advantage of the missing full-backs. A lot of dangerous Sweden moves came from crosses, Ireland scored from a deep cross. I expect Low will attempt to exploit this area and Conte will try to prevent the space for the wide players to get in and behind.

Furthermore Italy has 3 CBs and a 5 man midfield and they all defend very well. It will be very difficult to penetrate through the heart of this team.

Rosay repped this.
  25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The question will be, if Italy can handle the German pressing. If you lose the ball during the buildup of a counter things could hit back badly if your team runs forward in numbers. Also, while the quality on paper of Belgium and Spain is great, both teams showed very average performances. One had no gameplan at all (Belgium) and the other looked bloodless and distracted. Italy played great against them and showed both great team and individual performance but speed isn't really a big factor in favor of your team. Quite the opposite imo, you scored when you perfectly executed the counter with high accuracy in an automated while practised way.

The problem for your team is that the German defense with Hummels/Boateng another beast compared to the Spanish and Belgian defense and while the latter proofed unable to contain your attackers, the German defender could be too strong to allow you as much chances as you got against Belgium and Spain.

I aspect a very close game and see the chances at 50/50 and there is no doubt that the winner of the match deserves to win it all. All of this smells like an epic classic (in all possible ways) in the making.

MatthausSammer repped this.