Italia vs Espana 2nd round

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Marco Delvecchio, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You give Eder much too much credit.

Rosay repped this.
  2. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    do you really believe he was trying to score on that one?!

3. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Rosay repped this.
  4. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its amazing the mental gymnastics some of the morons on these boards have go through in order to discredit Conte and Eder.

5. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

What would be the easier target to hit? They guy in the middle or the large empty spaces all around him.

It looked like a prearranged set play. The Italians in the wall moved out of the way. eder smashed it through that gap. Chiell and Jak followed through in case of a rebound. Much credit should go to Conte for his minute attention to detail.

Its possible that the kick was positioned centrally because the keeper would have tipped it around the post for a corner otherwise.

krado33 and Rosay repped this.
  6. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Jesus Christ, I hate having to agree with you, but yes I agree with you lol.

Rosay repped this.
  7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Of all of the stupidity I have read on these forums, the idea that a set play starts with aiming the shot at the goalkeeper so that he can mishandle it and we can kick it in not on the first rebound but on the second rebound from Giorgio Chiellini of all people.

@Calcio Pauly @OldLady @falvo @Pietro Calcio @Dante @indestructible @phat @meazza @'Uaglio

8. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its good to see you finally coming to your senses. But calling me Jesus is probably laying it on a bit too thick. ;)

Falc and Rosay repped this.
  9. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Monere's blind hate for Conte is up there as well

10. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Pietro Calcio, monere and Falc repped this.
  11. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #436 krado33, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Yeah that's what I said. It was a perfect hit to cause the fumble.
    [​IMG]

I haven't seen that routine before. Credit to the guys that thought it up.

12. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i re-watched the match again, and i named Conte should be MOTM. Not because of his tactic or blah blah blah, he was the man who were screaming for 90 mins, not mention he kicked the ball to save the time for Giac back to defence - imagine you were the opponent in the field, and there is a guy screaming at one side of your ears in italian, its kinda distract and lost focus on the pitch.

el napulitan, meazza and gcstorm9 repped this.
  13. monere

monere Guest

Did I ever say anything about Eder?? No. So STFU! Also, I don't have to like Conte and I don't have to share my reasons with random strangers online, so get over it!

14. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its still a stretch to say they planned for the keeper to fumble though. Their primary intent would have been to score directly but to be prepared for the contingency that the keeper fumbled. And perhaps they weighed up the odds of scoring from a fumble on the keeper's left side vs his right side. Shooting towards the keepers left gave the players following up a better chance of scoring b/c of the open goal.

15. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who said I was talking about you? Unless you go by the name of moron.

16. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it's called the onside kick Falc!!!!

wait....wrong type of Football

Falc repped this.
  17. monere

monere Guest

your mind tricks don't work on me. Nice try!

el napulitan repped this.
  18. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    when is it going to be out?

Rosay repped this.
  19. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No seriously unless you consider yourself a moron (b/c I specifically referred to morons in my statement) my mental gymnastics comment doesn't apply to you.

You have said you dislike Conte repeatedly but you prefer not to give a reason. That falls under the gambit of blind hatred (thx Rosay) rather than mental gymnastics. Why else do you think Rosay said in his post "Monere as well".

Your apology is accepted.

gumbacicc and Rosay repped this.
  20. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If you don't share your reasons then you look even dumber. My bet is he ********ed your wife or daughter or whatever the hell

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

Have any of you ever taken a free kick? When you take the shot, you look at what you have. Wall is set on the right. So you either shoot over it or look to see what you have on the other side. Two Azzurri players were at the end of the wall to shield the keeper. They also create an opening for the shooter off of the wall. A lot of teams will put their players behind them to prevent that opening. Eder took a poor kick actually. It should have been shot towards the left post, not at the keeper. But on all shots, players on both sides should be running towards the goal to play any chance of a rebound.

Pietro Calcio and Rosay repped this.
  22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Weren't you one of Conte's top detractors pre-tournament? I seem to recall you being one of those crying about Conte's election to leave Gabbiadini off the squad.

23. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah that's the question. Was it really a poor kick? Maybe they found a weakness in De Gea...

Now I'm expecting Florenzi to score from half way when Neuer starts up with his "sweeper" BS again.

Rosay and meazza repped this.
  24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think Eder was shooting on goal and both Giaccherini and Chiellini followed through as they are suppose to do. DeGea did not handle it properly.

Calcio Pauly and Rosay repped this.
  25. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I still don't like many of his midfield/forward choices. Like I told Stamos, nothing has changed. I just find it silly to continue attacking Conte when he's clearly gotten results at this tournament. At some point, one must tip his hat to what he's done. Saying that, our offense is still substandard. Wouldn't it be nice to have Jorginho and Berardi right now, instead of having to rely on Sturaro? I think so. And this team is doing it mostly on defense. BBC, Buffon, De Rossi, and Parolo are the main components of this run IMO. When all is said and done, we have scored just 5 goals in 4 games (two late in stoppage time when the other team is pushing up). We also have not fallen behind yet to witness a desperate offense forced to attack. Hopefully it never happens with our stellar defense. Eder and Pelle have both squandered multiple chances to score as well.