Italia-spagna - 06/22/08

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by DaveyGorgeous, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :eek:

You have left me speechless.

2. CuorreAzzurro

CuorreAzzurro Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Comm. All'Estero
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    agree and disagree...Balotelli is italian, Kulnta Kinte` isnt, we are not a team of talentless losers, as some nations getting other players to represent them...Italy is for Italians and people of Italian background... Balotelli is italian regardless of colour, remember Liverani's snub i think he should of been in 02 wc and 04 euro, he got 1 cap, perche? he was best playmaker after pirlo and ball winner.

Italy need to change coach NO 1, and need to play to their talents eg attacking players and talented ones even if there young, stupid old rule for U23 yr olds NO 2

3. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    seriously...what the ******** is wrong with you...you give us all a bad name.

4. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Well, aren't you the one carrying on an oh-so-classy argument with Artemio in the Donadoni thread about how Juve are scum?

Let's spare him the righteous indignation and let the guy slink away.

5. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    VCFan, Artemio and I are having a stupid debate and that's fine but come on, this is blatant racism! How you'd even compare the two is beyond me...Please don't tell me otherwise or try to let this guy blast off stupid comments like this.

6. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I dont take no offense. I like argueing and your right it is stupid. I have no tolerance for Racism though because I when I first started school in 1971 as a 5 year old my school in West Philadelphia was segregated. I lived thru intergration and got to experience it first hand.

7. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    No, I wasn't necessarily comparing the two. Responding to trolls only encourages them. That's all I meant.

8. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Born and raised?
    [​IMG]

9. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    That sounds really fascinating, actually.

How was experiencing that for the first time?

10. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It started when I was in third grade 1974 at my school. The neighborhhood that I lived in was predominately Italian and Jewish. The Philadelphia school district bused kids in from other neighborhoods in West Philadelphia. We were taught about segregation and integration before this all happened though so when it actually happened it was not a shock. We got along well from the start and it was a great experience because I learned alot about their history and culture as I had a close friend who I would go over his house all the time. Eventually my family moved to the suburbs though not where I live now in Ardmore but some town that was eliteist. It was nice place to live but I disliked the people. Too many of the establishment types that were haters not just against Africans but Italians Jews and other ethnic groups. I sympathised with them because at a young age I had it drilled into my head from my family about people who were jealous of Italians and how we were hated in this country maybe not as much at that time but my great grandfather was still alive and I know what he went thru when he came here in the early 1900's. I saw these other ethnic groups more like myself so I never was into bigotry or any of that stuff. I know I dont like it when I hear dago ****** guinea or greaseball so I understand how they feel. I also understand how you feel about Italy though and apologize if I offended you.
    I dont think what you said was racist. It was about national pride and what you hope for Italy.

11. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    IMO that is essentially the biggest failure of "multiculturalism", by creating ethnic specific neighbourhoods; its setting up territorial boundaries which leads to bitterness. Within Western European countries a steady immigration between British, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Dutch, Swiss, Portugese, Greek, etc countries over centuries has essentially led to there been no significant "racism" today when small numbers of those people are in each others countries. I have never once had somebody make a derogatory remark because my personal background includes Neapolitan, but people from the Americas all report these horror stories.

Its only when there is "mass" migration, especially to non "colony" countries that racist problems happen. The same segregational "multiculturalism" that is seen in the US and other former colonies has only come to Europe in more recent times with the left insisting on it in places like Holland, United Kingdom, Germany, etc, etc. Its failed horribly and created deep divisions, having Muslim areas of Britain that are "no go" areas for white people is a disgrace. More and more Europeans are rebelling against the idea everyday and turning more conservative because of it. Why anybody would want to export that failed ideology to Italy, which already has enough problems as it is, is beyond me.

The only reply ever given to people who oppose such a system from those claiming to be "progressive" is usually a set of epitaphs, explaining that if you don't fall in line with it you're a "fascist", "racist", "hater", etc.

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So if i follow you correctly, we have to take Balotelli and the rest of those dark faced invaders and ship them isolated camps and burn them in ovens?

13. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    Exactly the opposite, limit immigration in the first place and keep systems in place such as the current Italian citizenship laws to disuade mass immigration. I'm not a leftist or a Veltroni supporter, I do not think having "Republic of Romany" isolation camps near Rome and Napoli is a good thing at all.

Not sure what Barwuah specifically has to do with the post though. Also by the way, the largest migration from Africa to Italy current are Islamic Moroccans who are not actually black at all. So the "they're black, so thats racist" card can't be played.

14. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You are 100 % it is a failed system but it has always been this way here ever since the first Irish immigrants came here in early 1800's. They were the first ethnic group to experience this hatred and then it went from there. Jews and Italians were next in fact they created a law that stopped Italians from coming here I believe in the late 1910's and early 20's. During and after WW II the term undesireable was created and was only used to stero type Italians. Most of these people were deported and you know who I am talking about but in the end the government needed people like Luciano because they were inept. Total hypocrits. Fast forward to today and this upcoming presidential election and you will see that the bias is still there. I mean it is great that we have a candidate of color but these two contenders are seriously flawed. There was only one individual in my opinion that should have been the next president but it did not happen because he had a vowel at the end of his name.

15. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well playing the guilliani isnt president because he is italian is a bit convenient isnt it? was he really less "flawed" than obama, mccain or even hilary?

16. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It is not convenient because it is the truth. Trust me. I saw it before with Ferraro when she was the VP choice and once again when Mario Cuomo should have been the nominee.

17. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The thread has gotten off topic and into some distasteful
    areas. I'm closing it now.