Isn't It time to update the Candidate Cities Section?

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by tallguy, Nov 2, 2016.

1. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an idle thought. But, right now, of all the 9 listed candidate cities only the Sacramento Republic FC, Detroit, St. Louis, Miami, the Carolinas and San Antonio seem to have much juice. Wouldn't the list be more accurate if the three currently non-serious candidates (Phoenix, Milwaukee and San Diego) were dropped and three of, say, FC Cincinnati, Austin, Nashville, Las Vegas, the Indy Eleven, the Pittsburgh Riverhounds or the Tampa Bay Rowdies were to be added in their place? I certainly think that cities with successful minor league teams ought to be jumped onto list over those municipalities where nothing whatsoever is going on.

Just thinking out loud, that's all. Candidate Cities have come and gone. Remember who everyone thought that Cleveland and Rochester were going to be sure things one day?

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who gets a folder in the Candidate Cities section is largely a function of who requests a section and whether enough people ask for one. If the other cities want a folder, shouldn't they just request one in the Customer Service forum and try to get enough people to support the request?

SoccerPrime repped this.
  3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I disagree with tallguy premise, but it's hard to nail this list down when he mentions a city like Carolinas (what) that hasn't been discussed as a "in" while says we should remove a city like San Diego which has been mentioned almost every time Garber speaks.

tallguy repped this.
  4. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    There is a meeting this month and a decision in December.
    I'll clean up after that.
    But I see no need to create expansion forums for teams that already have forums elsewhere.

SoccerPrime repped this.
  5. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I appreciate your response. Maybe, San Diego ought to stay in and the Carolinas ought to be booted out.